FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Nick. You posted a far away shot and a close up shot to compare. You can see the player models still look too fat. PES have the general body shapes spot on.

14sg8l.jpg

gc2007-fifa-08-1.jpg

I rest my case

Yeah because that will be the camera angle most of us play the game using won't it...
:ROLL:

Last edited:

Anyone who cant see the player models are improved is kidding themselves. And btw CW your last post didnt make a lot of literal sense :DOH:

The Boots still suck though look at them up close in the rooney shot. Pathetic.

for crying out loud, why is everyone going on about how the players look? are we ever going to see them that close in the game apart from cutscenes? who cares, its gameplay we should be foucssing on,untucked shirts etc, ridiculous

Ive found that in the last two versions that in normal cam the players look good, but in the replays and the shots above that the proportions go to sh!t. Like CW said, we dont play the game from these angles anyway. So moaning about player models/proportions is a bit premature.

The players do need to look right though, they are too blocky and stocky. I bet the only difference from Crouch to Rooney is height.

Half the time you play FIFA you're watching a replay or a cut-scene.

I think close-ups look alot better than FIFA 08, faces and lighting are MILES better.

I don't think we'll understand gameplay changes from reading magazines because they seem to forget what the previous versions played like. I always wait to read what guys on this site say when they play the BETAs.

The players do need to look right though, they are too blocky and stocky. I bet the only difference from Crouch to Rooney is height.

Why? It isn't in EURO 2008 - their frames are very different. Like I said, that wasn't the case in FIFA 08 and all it's predecessors, but If they fixed it for the most recent game, and insist that they have improved upon it, in what way does that suggest the models will go back to how they were in 2008?

Last edited:

I didn't say they would go backwards ;)). So far we have seen a fugly Rooney and a brilliant Ronaldinho. Rooney seems very hard to capture so hopefully the rest of the players will be on Ronaldinho level!

Anyone posted this? Seems..extreme really :study:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190341
Don't fall in this commercial nonsense-trap. Yeah, 50.000 possibillities for the tactics. It works with sliders and if you move the sliders one pixel at the time you end up with 50.000 positions. That is not a feature, it is just a calculation and typical for EA to use it in their PR.
When calculate it this way PES has infinitive posibilities with editing their formations...

Don't fall in this commercial nonsense-trap. Yeah, 50.000 possibillities for the tactics. It works with sliders and if you move the sliders one pixel at the time you end up with 50.000 positions. That is not a feature, it is just a calculation and typical for EA to use it in their PR.
When calculate it this way PES has infinitive posibilities with editing their formations...
Just like the thousands of decisions players make at 1 given time.... :) :banned:

Game looks amazing so far, that 5000 tactical changes is this years 1000 decisions a second gimmick. wouldnt read to much into that.

Surely is you had to make 1,000 decisions every second, you'd be a very confused person.

5,000 tactical changes sounds great. Try telling Harry Redknapp that he needs to be armed with 5,000 tactical options for every match and he'd tell you to f*** off.

My only worry about this game is the keepers, which are apparently super-human again. The game is not 100% completed though so I expect this to be fixed in the final product.

My only worry about this game is the keepers, which are apparently super-human again. The game is not 100% completed though so I expect this to be fixed in the final product.

where did u hear that m8?
i know they are that way in Euro 08, but im trully hoping EA stops this nonsense.

where did u hear that m8?
i know they are that way in Euro 08, but im trully hoping EA stops this nonsense.
It was in one of the PSM3 scans I think, can't remember which one but I suppose PSM always bash FIFA and love PES, and by how poor PES keepers are then something realistic would seem like a super-human keeper to then. That's what I hope anyway.

I am confident they will sort it.

I call these sort of things 'equalisers'. I've spoken about this on the podcast too.

The fact that EA gives the player so much freedom when shooting, the developers have to try and combat that freedom to keep things in check. If you could aim anywhere with keepers who werent superhuman you'd have rugby-like scorelines.

Looks at PES 2008. Huge emphasis on dribbling without any equalisers. Hence huge scorelines.

I'm being a bit extreme but I'm sure you guys know what I'm getting at.

Therefore while the keepers are crazy good, it doesnt bother me as much as I understand why they are that way. I'd rather EA concentrate on getting rid of the errors they continually make like parrying too much and not coming out for loose balls.

I don't really have a problem with keepers beeing too good etc, but the problems that they haven't even got the basics in goalkeeping right. They never cover the close post, their positioning when the ball is on the wings is horrible, they throw themself backwards way to often. I could go on for ever with thing like this, and that would be things you learn when you're ten years old.

It they just fixed those things it would be a more realistic scoreline, less annoying goals conceded and way more realistic goals scored.

i think the keepers in euro 08 are almost there, they just need to be tweaked a little bit, because sometimes its true, they do make some ridiculous saves, but its much better compared to pes, where any shot just flies in....i put it in the other day to see if i could get back into it, i played a masterleague match olympiacos vs liverpool and won 7-3..5 goals were cut backs, totally unrealistic

Last edited:

I cannot say you :(

Lol Placebo. Whats going on with the level of English around here. I understand there are a lot of foreign speaking individuals on these boards, but thats no excuse for people who can speak bloody fluent English. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom