FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

the new system makes tumbles look far more realistic, it's not just a visual change. For example, if a tackle comes in and hits a player's standing leg there's a good chance he'll go down hard, taking him out of the game.

Finally, players going down under tackles in FIFA 08 look retarded compared to PES08.

It's like there was just 1 animation for being fowled no matter what angle or force you were hit at, where as in PES it looked SO realistic.

Thanks for listening EA!

PS, any screens in GamesMaster?

Last edited:

Here is some new information for you all to rip apart:

EA has made "250 key improvements" to the 2009 version of FIFA, including improved responsiveness and a revamped collision system, reveals the first-look preview in the latest GamesMaster mag.

Among the improvements in the new FIFA, which is due out in Autumn, are "improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots."

That's four out of the 250 then. Another of the 09 edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power stats.

This time around, the defender won't always win, and this could potentially change challenges completely.

Although GM notes the new system makes tumbles look far more realistic, it's not just a visual change. For example, if a tackle comes in and hits a player's standing leg there's a good chance he'll go down hard, taking him out of the game. But if the player is in mid-strike and gets clipped, he could lose his balance but continue running.

That's the current-gen version then. On the PS2 space, EA says it's focusing on tweaking rather than reinventing the game, although as with PS3 and 360 it's focused on making a more realistic collision system.

The Wii version meanwhile is set to feature multiple control methods, one said to play just like PES on Wii, another where passing is automatic and 'Footii' mode, an 8-aside, arcade-y Mii match.

That's your lot for now. For more details, plus the first ever in-game screenshots, check issue 200 of GamesMaster, which appears on shelves on Wednesday (or through subscribers' letterboxes right now).

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190083
:)

werent u the one that posted the made up crap about pes bout a year ago? i woulndt take this guy too seriously fellas

werent u the one that posted the made up crap about pes bout a year ago? i woulndt take this guy too seriously fellas

Lol you guys still remember that! :LOL: I was banned for doing that for 1 entire month :banned: but it served you guys right because all you do is complain :-pp

Anyway if you had bothered to read my post you would have noticed the link to the direct source proving its real.
:))

i wonder if fifa soccer blog has been told off, cos they have removed the scans and latest post regarding fifa 09

Here is some new information for you all to rip apart:

EA has made "250 key improvements" to the 2009 version of FIFA, including improved responsiveness and a revamped collision system, reveals the first-look preview in the latest GamesMaster mag.

Among the improvements in the new FIFA, which is due out in Autumn, are "improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots."

That's four out of the 250 then. Another of the 09 edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power stats.

This time around, the defender won't always win, and this could potentially change challenges completely.

Although GM notes the new system makes tumbles look far more realistic, it's not just a visual change. For example, if a tackle comes in and hits a player's standing leg there's a good chance he'll go down hard, taking him out of the game. But if the player is in mid-strike and gets clipped, he could lose his balance but continue running.

That's the current-gen version then. On the PS2 space, EA says it's focusing on tweaking rather than reinventing the game, although as with PS3 and 360 it's focused on making a more realistic collision system.

The Wii version meanwhile is set to feature multiple control methods, one said to play just like PES on Wii, another where passing is automatic and 'Footii' mode, an 8-aside, arcade-y Mii match.

That's your lot for now. For more details, plus the first ever in-game screenshots, check issue 200 of GamesMaster, which appears on shelves on Wednesday (or through subscribers' letterboxes right now).

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190083
:)

Current gen as in next-gen?

Current gen as in next-gen?
I would have thought so, it's about time we started calling 360/PS3 "current gen" instead of "next-gen" because at the moment, the consoles we are using are 360/PS3, making them the current generation of consoles, PS2/Xbox was the last generation, so should be called "last-gen" and the PS4/720 (or whatever they call them) would be the proper "next-gen" :)).

I would have thought so, it's about time we started calling 360/PS3 "current gen" instead of "next-gen" because at the moment, the consoles we are using are 360/PS3, making them the current generation of consoles, PS2/Xbox was the last generation, so should be called "last-gen" and the PS4/720 (or whatever they call them) would be the proper "next-gen" :)).

Ok thanks for clearing things for me because this always confuses me :))

i wonder if fifa soccer blog has been told off, cos they have removed the scans and latest post regarding fifa 09

Nope wouldnt say we got told off, but EA asked us to take them down. They congratulated us on getting the news out first, but said it caused complications with PSM3.

@adonis:

when psm3 will hit stores, can we expect a summary of the mag on the blog with some news and feature lists?

Looked more then just interview from them scans other days looks like details aswell.

The mag is out on Thursday, go and buy it then!

Looked more then just interview from them scans other days looks like details aswell.

Yeh it is.

Its a proper hands-on, as well as a small interview and around 5 large screens. It does span over 7 pages afterall.

Uhm, hands on in what sense?? they played some sort of a demo, or they just listened to EA people talking about the game??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom