FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

I see now the graphics are EXACTLY the same!

fifa08PS2-4.jpg

ronaldinho.jpg

Oh how could I have ever disagreed with you!

:? what you on about?

i was talking about the picture in the middle scan, my original post:

"you do realize that the Ribery pic is from the PS2 version?"

please read the thread before making comments

:|

just look at the evidence again and i just found another one.......Adboards, next gen has electronic adboard where as in that pic its not and also the sponsors are EXACTLY the same as other PS2 fifa games

Also:

a post from someon in the comments section: "The second scand contains really clearly current-gen screens, just look at the environment!!!

Everyone who thinks this is next-gen isn't worth playing next-gen."

The crowd, lighting, ball reflection, body shape (PS2 players always look like midgets compared to PS3).

Can't believe this is being debated!

Some one else: "Yes this pic is current-gen, look and these ultra-ugly 2D crowds and the kits!"

ok, look at the small pic next to it (surely you can see thats PS2 version), see the aboards on that then the ribery pic, identical.

OOOOH whatever, you gonna know in a few days. hope we thump Stoke 6-0 in the premier league

:|

just look at the evidence again and i just found another one.......Adboards, next gen has electronic adboard where as in that pic its not and also the sponsors are EXACTLY the same as other PS2 fifa games

Also:

a post from someon in the comments section: "The second scand contains really clearly current-gen screens, just look at the environment!!!

Everyone who thinks this is next-gen isn't worth playing next-gen."

what the hell is wrong with you it clearly is next gen... 100%
I would put my genitals on the line

and anyone who thinks it isn't next gen needs their eyes checked :) asap!

my deleted post without the insults :|

"ankle tape is a huge proof

look at the ankle tape here:

http://www.wonderwallweb.com/fifa08x360scrn10.jpg (next gen)

then compare it to this:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_vffBWzB_25Y/SECLn_L6eSI/AAAAAAAAAE0/1a9tOz_KqQE/s1600-h/ribery.jpg

EDIT: here a screen from FIFA 08 on Ps2, check the ankle tape:

http://darkzero.co.uk/img/screenshot/fifa08PS2-4.jpg"

you are comparing a hi res image at over 1280x720 to a small magazine scan!

thats fifa 08 comparing it to a screenshot of 09 you know little details change!

@ at redevils, mate, you are totally off the mark.

I'll let you off coz the scans are grainy, but when you see it properly you'll see how different it really is.

Of course the pic is next-gen, but im not so sure anymore about the person in the background being a referee.

"About the current-gen pic, yeh its there. In the magazine there is a snippet of news for the PS2 version."

Quoting Carl from FSB.

Of course the pic is next-gen, but im not so sure anymore about the person in the background being a referee.

It seems pretty clear he is the linesman, not only the flag but the running animation.

Anyway when are we getting the usual teaser??

That is definately a referee/linesman, because he's wearing a BLACK kit! You can see it's the EPL Referee's kit from two seasons ago with the white collar and two trim lines on the sleeve, plus the red fly emirates badge on the sleeve :)).

Again, sorry to disappoint again, but the guy isnt a ref or linesman, it a player from the other team. Grainy scans can be misleading.

But dont think because of that refs/linesman wont be in the game...

but i think its a linemen its gotta be and it is i zoomed in its deffo a linesmen

Last edited:

Again, sorry to disappoint again, but the guy isnt a ref or linesman, it a player from the other team. Grainy scans can be misleading.

But dont think because of that refs/linesman wont be in the game...

Gotta disagree there Adonis, there's already two different teams in that shot, plus you can see the flag and the white collar of a linesman, and I can just about make out a shoulder patch.

Chelsea player to me. New Chelsea kit has a white collar, as you can see also by the closer player. That isnt a flag, its his knee/fan's head. Its dark blue on my monitor, which is the Chelsea kit being grainy. Just look at the shoulders, theyre blue, rest of body is almost black - again - grainy or lighting effects.

nothing to disagree with, I've seen the official pic with my own eyes. I'm stating a fact.

The player thats in the background is wearing the same kit as the one challenging Ribery. It's a German team so I've been told. I reckon its shalke but I could be wrong.

You'll see when you get the magazine anyways.

nothing to disagree with, I've seen the official pic with my own eyes. I'm stating a fact.

The player thats in the background is wearing the same kit as the one challenging Ribery. It's a German team so I've been told. I reckon its shalke but I could be wrong.

You'll see when you get the magazine anyways.

i agree with adonis, the definetely not a linesman, is easy to see that

i agree with adonis, the definetely not a linesman, is easy to see that

to be honest its not easy to see, the scan is very grainy. I can see why people are getting confused.

Like I said, I've seen the official pic. Its not my opinion about it not being a linesman/ref in the pic - its fact. Just trying to help you guys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom