FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

i might be wrong but i think that picture is from pc version, player models are really close to it and the tape on ribery's leg is just like the ones on pc version too.

Why would they have pictures from the PC version in a Playstation magazine?

of course you cant post scans, but if you´d sum up the infos about gameplay, wheres the problem with that? the magazine will be out next week anyway.. so in a souple of days everyone will know.

of course you cant post scans, but if you´d sum up the infos about gameplay, wheres the problem with that? the magazine will be out next week anyway.. so in a souple of days everyone will know.

theres a brief info post by Carl in the comments section.

Pics are nice, but people would be buying the magazine to read about the improvements. If we did an overview folks wouldnt need to purchase it, and the guys at PSM3 would be very annoyed.

so then u shouldnt have a problem waiting if its only a couple of days

We can't tell much from those pictures at all, but it's better than nothing and more info will be available very soon.

I don't care whether the game looks the same as or better than FIFA 08, I just hope it plays better than it and everything we have heard so far suggests that is the case :)).

"Its difficult to talk about anything as we'll be in serious trouble if we do so.

What I will say is that magazine details a new way EA create's player faces and their body frame compared FIFA 08.

Also there is more emphasis on momentum, with physicality being a major implementation this time around.

And finally, the pace of the game matches FIFA 08 rather than EURO 2008 - Something the guys at PSM3 didnt like.

Hope that helps."

Carl posted this in the FSB comments.

"Its difficult to talk about anything as we'll be in serious trouble if we do so.

What I will say is that magazine details a new way EA create's player faces and their body frame compared FIFA 08.

Also there is more emphasis on momentum, with physicality being a major implementation this time around.

And finally, the pace of the game matches FIFA 08 rather than EURO 2008 - Something the guys at PSM3 didnt like.

Hope that helps."

Carl posted this in the FSB comments.

music to my ears :rock:{|=

i hope there is a more in-depth edit mode and is also alot more player accesories like long tape like ronaldo wears and also longer sock that go over the knees etc.

And finally, the pace of the game matches FIFA 08 rather than EURO 2008 - Something the cocks at PSM3 didnt like."

Sounds good, especially the physicality aspect, although they'd better not script it so that every single AI player overpowers your guys, no matter what...which they probably will.

Sounds good, especially the physicality aspect, although they'd better not script it so that every single AI player overpowers your guys, no matter what...which they probably will.

if they do, we will atleast have 5v5 online which would be much more enjoyable

Excellent news.

PSM cock monkeys should stick to PES if they want exaggerated gameplay speed.
I agree, I'm glad to hear that the game speed is more like FIFA, I was a bit worried that EA were going down the arcade route with Euro but they seem to still be keeping FIFA as more of a simulation game.

Eh lads leave me out of this. Carl has had DJ's details for a long time now, I passed them on ages ago but as you know he's been very busy lately.
JayD sorry mate didnt mean to drag you into it I just thought id mention to Adonis that we had spoken.

Yep Carl has had my mobile number now for over a month and hasnt contacted me so I guess he isnt as interested as was 1st thought. Maybe im too colourful a character to work on a blog?

I'm interested in gameplay more though because i expect fifa to have good graphics and atmosphere anyway. Just need the right gameplay to keep me going.
Exactly my thoughts too. I know the mag has a 6 page preview, so maybe the important fixes of the weaknesses will be done, like the defence etc.

What me struck is the mentioned difference about the game-pace. Last week there was a brief article that told us that the game will be of more speed and the second info we get tells the opposite! What should we believe?

Last edited:

i reckon the pace of the game needs to be between fifa 08 and euro 08. fifa 08 is too slow and unresponsive whilst euro is a bit too fast

Game speed and responsiveness to me are two completely separate elements, game speed being the speed at which the match flows, at which the players and ball move around and such, responsiveness being how quickly the players respond to inputs from the controller.....

Exactly my thoughts too. I know the mag has a 6 page preview, so maybe the important fixes of the weaknesses will be done, like the defence etc.

What me struck is the mentioned difference about the game-pace. Last week there was a brief article that told us that the game will be of more speed and the second info we get tells the opposite! What should we believe?

Have this gut feeling the pace will be faster than Fifa but slower than Euro.

Game speed and responsiveness to me are two completely separate elements, game speed being the speed at which the match flows, at which the players and ball move around and such, responsiveness being how quickly the players respond to inputs from the controller.....

True.

They need to sort out the ability of AI too keep the ball so well, I can't defend for shit!

Haha I'm with you Ash... my defending is atrocious on FIFA 08 - never had any probs on Pro Evo

Yeah on EURO 2008 i am getting sick of running around their players trying to get the ball lol i fucking hate it how player just push you away with one turn

but if they make the defending like old FIFA games then it will be too easy, they need to find a fine line, ATM its a joke

btw has anyone got full scans?

Game speed needs to be FIFA08, responsiveness needs to be Euro08.
Tim I would say it needs to be even quicker than Euro 08... its still very frustrating at the best of times whereby your asking a player to do something he takes too long and you still lose the ball too quickly.. Also whats with the lack of directions we can move in? That still gets to me as well...... with this day of Next Gen and Analog sticks why cant we have more directions to move in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom