FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Tim I would say it needs to be even quicker than Euro 08... its still very frustrating at the best of times whereby your asking a player to do something he takes too long and you still lose the ball too quickly.. Also whats with the lack of directions we can move in? That still gets to me as well...... with this day of Next Gen and Analog sticks why cant we have more directions to move in?

In PES the 8-way sort of makes sense, since there you have 2-foot feint and a drop shoulder move on the left analog stick. SO having 8 directions makes executing them a bit easier since the directions are so rigid.
FIFA seemingly has no reason to not have analog dribbling.

I just hope the physical game has gotten a big overhaul, so that you can push and hold A and your player then reaches with his arms, tries to bodycheck and actually tries to get the ball (much like PES5 and such does it).
That way you might actually rack up close to a realistic amount of freekicks aswell, which in FIFA08 and Euro08 has been a sure sign that something is way off. If I hold A and jostle with a player I want more often than not to cause a freekick. If I don't, then I would sporadically press A for my player to take little stabs at the ball and such.

Anyways, pics are nice, but they really need to fix alot of things for this game to feel realistic. Shotpowers way up (so that the engine actually has the possibility to mimic famous goals like Seedorf's), goalkeepers need to chill down and not react so quickly to closerange shots (or atleast limit their reach for those types of shots since they realistically have no time to prepare for a jump, although they might be able to extend an arm or kick out a leg quick enough to save shots that are aimed too close to them).

Yeah on EURO 2008 i am getting sick of running around their players trying to get the ball lol i fucking hate it how player just push you away with one turn

but if they make the defending like old FIFA games then it will be too easy, they need to find a fine line, ATM its a joke

btw has anyone got full scans?

Don't mix CPU AI with defending in general. I found defense well balanced in FIFA and terribly unbalanced in EUro, and in BOTH games the CPU AI is terribly cheating, thus making defense a nightmare NO MATTER what you do.

I really expect a well balanced offense-defense as in FIFA with a major role on physicality, body checks, a lot more fouls and as someone mentioned a good stamina model, so your players really get tired and making the use of speed more tactical.

Also fully reall manual passing and running with 360º analog stick detection.

Add a less infurating AI cheat model, the ability of AI to play different kinds of football (long balls, passing around, phyisical, making lots of fouls, showy...) and that's all I would expect for Fifa 09 considering they had only 1 year of developing.

Placebo, you say that the AI on FIFA08 and Euro08 is different, but personally I think that it's crap in both. I see super, untouchable AI in both games?

I know FIFA has never had Linesmen and Subs on the side of the pitch before this.

But is this the first EVER FIFA to even have a ref on the pitch besides cut-scenes?

There must be a way to read that text i guess....

Anyway player model looks better, i checked out a few ribery's pics from 07 and it does look much improved, more straight, more balance between upper and lower part, arms and legs also look more much better.

Placebo, you say that the AI on FIFA08 and Euro08 is different, but personally I think that it's crap in both. I see super, untouchable AI in both games?

England v Macedonia, Macedonia spent about 10 minutes passing the ball around me, I couldn't even get close to them to make a tackle, they must have made 30 passes without a single stray pass, this was only on semi-pro, it's pathetic and nothing like that happens in Fifa, even when you play a weaker team and the underdog logic kicks in you still have a chance against them.

Referees on the pitch in Fifa 09 ?
Still yes ;))

England v Macedonia, Macedonia spent about 10 minutes passing the ball around me, I couldn't even get close to them to make a tackle, they must have made 30 passes without a single stray pass, this was only on semi-pro, it's pathetic and nothing like that happens in Fifa, even when you play a weaker team and the underdog logic kicks in you still have a chance against them.
Ah right I see. Still ridiculous on FIFA though, I don't know how you're still playing SP.

Maybe because I'm generally playing teams on even terms or me as the underdog, I play as Sheffield Wednesday but I don't buy good players, I play only with actual Sheffield Wednesday players who I improve with experience points earned plus 2 or 3, free transfers but I generally don't sign anyone much above 70, just started a new manager mode and signed Campo and Drenthe on free transfers, plus two Eastern European teenagers who are really skillful but lack in all other areas so they're like 54 and 58 and that's it :)

There must be a way to read that text i guess....

Anyway player model looks better, i checked out a few ribery's pics from 07 and it does look much improved, more straight, more balance between upper and lower part, arms and legs also look more much better.

LOLOlololololollloloool

you do realize that the Ribery pic is from the PS2 version? :LOL:

Ps2 body model looks better then...

yeah probably seeing as they are never bulky, you cant really judge from a blurry, over bright scan

way to tell its current gen:

- the ankle tape....the design is from the PS2 version, FIFA 08 on the xbox 360 has different ankle tape design
- the kit, not very detailed
- picture next to it (of rooney) looks very similar to the ribery pic
- pretty much everything there looks current gen
- the way Ribery looks (positioning and the way he flairs his arms) is pretty much identical to the animation on FIFA 08 on PS2

The lighting effects on the ball would not be possible on PS2...

But the scans are from PSM3 magazine. I would have thought they'd be showing screen-shots from the PS3 version.

The magazine also covers playstation 2 and psp games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom