FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

It seems pretty clear he is the linesman, not only the flag but the running animation.

Anyway when are we getting the usual teaser??

That is definately a referee/linesman, because he's wearing a BLACK kit! You can see it's the EPL Referee's kit from two seasons ago with the white collar and two trim lines on the sleeve, plus the red fly emirates badge on the sleeve :)).

but i think its a linemen its gotta be and it is i zoomed in its deffo a linesmen

Gotta disagree there Adonis, there's already two different teams in that shot, plus you can see the flag and the white collar of a linesman, and I can just about make out a shoulder patch.

thats a lino, dont need a high res scan to see that

seems obvious to me

Chelsea player to me. New Chelsea kit has a white collar, as you can see also by the closer player. That isnt a flag, its his knee/fan's head. Its dark blue on my monitor, which is the Chelsea kit being grainy. Just look at the shoulders, theyre blue, rest of body is almost black - again - grainy or lighting effects.

:LOL:

EDIT: Anyway just like Adam said it aint a ref in the background. Why i thought it isn't a ref because if you look closely the kit is blue, not black.

Last edited:

ribery.jpg
Sorry, but until I see the magazine myself or bigger high res scans, that's Ribery, Drogba and a referee/linesman.

Would someone explain how the RIbery pic has such great lighting effects?

Looking at him, the kit and his legs, arms etc are extremely detailed in the shading from the light shining on him. The underside of his right arm is dark, and the top is covered in light, with a nice smooth transition. PS2-PC-version doesn't have anything like that? As far as I can remember it basically has no lighting effects whatsoever, and none so detailed that it shades the little creases in the kit.

I might be wrong, but if I'm right, what does that mean? Improved PC version with better lighting perhaps (why would those be in a PS2 mag, unless they simply posted any pictures they had with FIFA09 content)?

Good to see this thread hasn't descended it prolonged, petty arguments about the most trivial of matters.

Well, I think I agree with Reddevils. That Ribéry pic looks like current-gen for me. The ball, the adboards. I don't know surely but it looks like it...

hold up. who is saying that those pics are from the ps2? seriously what retard thinks its from a ps2? you guys joking right? please say you are...

ps2 graphics look minging compared to ps3...just play your ps3 fifa and then go back to the ps2 version....like somebody has chucked sand in your eyes

@ at redevils, mate, you are totally off the mark.

I'll let you off coz the scans are grainy, but when you see it properly you'll see how different it really is.

You have the mag and it says clearly its next gen? then i am abit disappoined, they brough back the awful ankle tape design from last gen :-## looks so unrealistic

also the kits are less detailed now? :| compare it to the Ronaldinho pic.........

Also the small rooney pic next to it PS2 version though riiiiiiiight? if not then FIFA 09 would look awful

Last edited:

It's Chelsea, the player is Drogba! That's why the quote is there! :LOL:

No, thats a shalke player

believe me, i watch alot of european football. Also the player is white isnt he? :| (cant double check because he scans are removed?)

So we've moved on from ankle tape to people taking time out of their lives to compare the contrast and brightness on an image to decipher whether something is a linesman or a player?

We've already been told linesmen/referees are in so what does it matter if it's being shown in this pic or not?

Am I the only one who really doesn't fucking care?!?!

I can hardly wait til the mag comes out now and the discussion as to who the mystery guy in the background continues...

:ROLL:

Last edited:

I can hardly wait til the mag comes out now and the discussion as to who the mystery guy in the background continues...

where in the same boat cw

So we've moved on from ankle tape to people taking time out of their lives to compare the contrast and brightness on an image to decipher whether something is a linesman or a player?

We've already been told linesmen/referees are in so what does it matter if it's being shown in this pic or not?

I sort of did that to put a definitive end to the discussion. A picture speaks a thousand words and all that. ;)

Lol this topic is becoming so desperate. It reminds me of last year and PES 2008 when I was arguing whether the referee would use a pen to write notes about naughty players :LOL: Lets just wait for the magazine to come.

You're not alone.... this reminds me of the untucked shirts thing

P.s. Here's an idea scan a better picture of that page in and put an end to this mess

It reminds me of last year and PES 2008 when I was arguing whether the referee would use a pen to write notes about naughty players

Damn, I must have missed that particular argument. Sounds like an EvoWeb classic.

I guess when everyone finally played the game, the pen thing was soon forgotten about because all people could think about was how badly it played.

If that's a player he has a 2 metres long finger from the last scans.....

I actually kinda like this silly arguments....give us grainy picture and we can make anything out of it....

who buys mags? nowadays you can get all the info, pics and even vids on the internet. computer mags are soooo old school

Here is some new information for you all to rip apart:

EA has made "250 key improvements" to the 2009 version of FIFA, including improved responsiveness and a revamped collision system, reveals the first-look preview in the latest GamesMaster mag.

Among the improvements in the new FIFA, which is due out in Autumn, are "improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots."

That's four out of the 250 then. Another of the 09 edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power stats.

This time around, the defender won't always win, and this could potentially change challenges completely.

Although GM notes the new system makes tumbles look far more realistic, it's not just a visual change. For example, if a tackle comes in and hits a player's standing leg there's a good chance he'll go down hard, taking him out of the game. But if the player is in mid-strike and gets clipped, he could lose his balance but continue running.

That's the current-gen version then. On the PS2 space, EA says it's focusing on tweaking rather than reinventing the game, although as with PS3 and 360 it's focused on making a more realistic collision system.

The Wii version meanwhile is set to feature multiple control methods, one said to play just like PES on Wii, another where passing is automatic and 'Footii' mode, an 8-aside, arcade-y Mii match.

That's your lot for now. For more details, plus the first ever in-game screenshots, check issue 200 of GamesMaster, which appears on shelves on Wednesday (or through subscribers' letterboxes right now).

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190083
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom