FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

What a pile of shit.

They just made the whole experience very unrealistic. :((

Why? I thought they were a perfectly natural addition.

I could happily live without them but given there's always been cut scenes of auto-celebrations, the option to participate in them seems logical and certainly not unrealistic.

The AI makes the whole experience unrealistic.

tags_friday02_i.jpg

What do you mean I have to put the tape over my socks?

Someone asked about when FSB will give impressions? They're trying to find out, looks like PSM3 have this shit tied up for a few weeks.

Why? I thought they were a perfectly natural addition.

The problem is they don't feel natural at all, you hold the random buttons to choose different celebrations, then the cutscenes afterwards usually don't fit at all, and there's no need for two seperate celebration pieces, either give us one or the other.

All the little cinematic additions to Euro 2008 are awful IMO, the new set-piece cameras, the manager camera, the celebrations, etc and if they keep them in 09, then it'll put a downer on the whole experience for me. :((

All the effort to put in manual celebrations, then it still cuts to an animated cutscene where the right back is always first to celebrate with the scorer, quite pathetic..........

Yeah I agree Placebo. Hate that celebration cutscene after you have just scored, especially since it appears at a totally different area of the pitch.

Yeah I agree Placebo. Hate that celebration cutscene after you have just scored, especially since it appears at a totally different area of the pitch.
imo PES has the celebrations part of the game almost perfect. just put a more animations for variety and it would be perfect.
now if only the rest of the game was up to par...

Yeah the celebrations don't work well. Firstly the majority of them just look ridiculous, then when you do one it goes to a cutscene of a completely different situation. They should just do what PES do because I think they do it really well. The celebrations are just tied in with the gameplay so theres no blacking out to silly cutscenes. They look great in PES too and they're specific to moments in the match. Big goals means they dive on the floor with players jumping on each other and the celebrating with the subs is cool. FIFA can learn a few things from PES in that sense

In PES they look gay, literally, what with the humping. And because they're just a script unfolding, I instantly skip them. It seems to me that interactive is the way to go, albeit, like everything else, they can be improved upon.

The most important things that need to be fixed are of course the horrible AI that knows what you're doing 1/100 of a second after you pressed the button. And secondly, the keepers are too good, especially if you aim a shot that goes towards the top corner.

Hands on usually does not go too deep in matters, so I expect them to have the same news we already have.

Best red crosses ever.....oh ..sorry it is not a pro evo thread...then i'll say "meh", same shitty fifa red crosses, they look nothing like red crosses..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom