FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

the gamespot videos are looking scary good. Did evil EA really manage to make a good game ????
- crossong looks improved
- good header(!!!) by Ballack

I've played UCL once more yesterday, still don't like it (World Class, Bremen - Atletico 3:3)

You're playing it on the 360? If you haven't discovered it yet hold down the Left Trigger when you cross and the crosses are much lower and have more pace on them, you can get some cracking bullet/diving header goals that way :)

I finally unlocked Semi Final challenges in UCL Challenge Mode :)

Means nothing I know, but, the NHL 08 demo came out 3 weeks and 1 day before the full game's release date... Today is 3 weeks and 2 days before FIFA 08's release date... So I'm pinning my hopes (totally desperately) on tomorrow.

Means nothing I know, but, the NHL 08 demo came out 3 weeks and 1 day before the full game's release date... Today is 3 weeks and 2 days before FIFA 08's release date... So I'm pinning my hopes (totally desperately) on tomorrow.

i like your trail of thought.

everyone, jack guarantees there's a demo tomorrow! :)

Sniff, sniff...... <looks around> sniff, sniff -

What's that smell?

Oh yeah, that's it, the rank smell of desperation :-)

I agree with what (I think) Djdoc said last night - I feel we are being cock-teased to the extreme now and it's not right.

EA are obviously learning a lot of Nokami's tricks when it comes to not revealing too much.

The only two games I remember playing as one player ... One was called "I Play Football" or something, and it was crap. The second was on the Atari ST I think, and you had to do training. Depending how well you did, you could be picked for the first team. Quality game if I remember rightly.

I think if EA stick with Be A Pro, it could turn out to be excellent. The Superstar mode on Madden is pretty good and I'd be happy with the same model used in FIFA.

I am 25 and remember a game called striker on the C64. You use to get chances on goal and and arrow would appear with a timer. you had to score goals and when you done well you would get offers from bigger teams. I remember getting a transfer to Milan. :)

I remember Striker, in fact that could be the one I was talking about with the training too? Brilliant.

I am 25 and remember a game called striker on the C64. You use to get chances on goal and and arrow would appear with a timer. you had to score goals and when you done well you would get offers from bigger teams. I remember getting a transfer to Milan. :)

I reckon that was "Player Of The Year".

I used to start as Jack's beloved Tranmere and hope to be signed by Liverpool :-)

aye there is one a headed goal. locks mighty fine.

Can i just say now that the trolls have gone its a pleasure posting with you all. It a nice thread to be involved in again.

Snoop, there's more than one clip. If you click the "gameplay" tab under the video there's another vid called "FIFA 08 Gameplay Vid 02" or something like that (even though it's actually AFTER what happens in the 3rd clip, not before). There's a goal in that. The heading looks great.

Am I alone in thinking Fifa looks brilliant from a distance, but shit up close? Whereas Pro Evo looks brilliant up close, and shit from a distance!

LOL, I'd go with that. The faces in PES2008 are fantastic, but saying that the generic ones are a bit dodgy. FIFA 08's are behind, but the generic ones are a lot less cartoony.

As long as it plays well ... :)

If I had a choice, I'd rather it looked better from a distance as 95% of your playing is from distance.

I agree with what (I think) Djdoc said last night - I feel we are being cock-teased to the extreme now and it's not right.

EA are obviously learning a lot of Nokami's tricks when it comes to not revealing too much.

But in defense of nokami they never have much to reveal anyway ;)

I reckon that was "Player Of The Year".

I used to start as Jack's beloved Tranmere and hope to be signed by Liverpool :-)

Yeah maybe your right as striker was released on the Amiga and was totally different game.

Remember you started in the 4th Division of the English League and could work your way up. The higher the divison the less time you had to finish the chances.

^ yep - and Tranmere where in the bottom division in those days too - wow, what a long way they have come eh JB?

(And virtually all down to re-naming of the league structure rather than any success!!)

I do look forward to doing something similar in FIFA this year so I hope all the tit-bits that suggest the EPL is structured correctly are true!

As long as it plays well ... :)

If I had a choice, I'd rather it looked better from a distance as 95% of your playing is from distance.

I agree snoop, it looks like real footy from afar and that is what I am after.

I must say I am really impressed with those video's, the crowd is also near to the pitch and the overall atmosphere looks so good.

The ball physics looked to have improved so much especially when you see the it hit the underside of the bar.

One thing that did catch my eye though is the lack of crowd reaction, they just seem to stand and clap lol.

The net physics in the Ballack goal look decent enough to me, massive improvement on the ones used in FIFA 07 and UEFA CL

^ yep - and Tranmere where in the bottom division in those days too - wow, what a long way they have come eh JB?

(And virtually all down to re-naming of the league structure rather than any success!!)

I do look forward to doing something similar in FIFA this year so I hope all the tit-bits that suggest the EPL is structured correctly are true!

MJP after a google search, the game I had was striker. I never played footballer of the year.

http://s64.emuunlim.com/gameinfos/striker/striker.htm

Too young to know, but my dad tells me that all the time. :lol: Apparently we were just "placed" in a higher league when the structure was changed, and since then we've stayed there. That is, until 2000, when we were relegated. Could be worse, but it would be nice to be in the Championship and have one or two more headlines written about your team...

Seeing as the fifa news is drying up a bit and the topic has goen off anyway, why dont we list the footie games weve played/remember over the years?
Snoop has just started A SEPERATE THREAD for this tiktiktiktik. It saves people's hopes being raised (every time I see a new post in here I hope it's news of the demo).

Thanks for the link Jack, sorry to keep raising your hopes!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom