FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53078

The PlayStation3 demo is expected sometime within the next three weeks.
The Xbox 360 demo is expected sometime within the next three weeks.

looking at the bright side, you can say:
within means that its coming out max in 3 weeks...could be tomorrow, in one week, or up to 3 weeks..

i would really be happy if the demo was realised without those admins knowing it before.

Last edited:

No pre-season friendlies in next gen manager mode :(

Not in itself a great deal, but the thought was it will resolve the crappy issue where you only have 5 chances to bid for players before the transfer window closes :(

Manager mode confirmed as 15 seasons, why can't it be infinite? Ahh right we have to buy Fifa09, silly me ;)

Last edited:

Not in itself a great deal, but the thought was it will resolve the crappy issue where you only have 5 chances to bid for players before the transfer window closes :(

Manager mode confirmed as 15 seasons, why can't it be infinite? Ahh right we have to buy Fifa09, silly me ;)

I remember reading somewhere about having pre-season friendlies...?

15 seasons is more than enough for me, I'd be bored of playing as one team for that long anyway! I'd switch to another league and do a few seasons in that league. Didn't it used to be 5 seasons?

@ Lami - I read that too but perhaps we were both reading something that was not-next-gen=specific.

@ ^^Snoop^^ - I agree, but I really hope the transfer restriction Placebo mentioned which annoys the hell out of me is improved. That one where it says "You don't have enough time to bid" or whatever - WTF???

Good find Dr. Force - not much new in there though.

What is the sprint glitch?

PS - The IGN preview is clearly from an early version so I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:

IGN don't really say anything bad apart from a few minor issues but they state their build wasn't finished asnyway.

IGN don't really say anything bad apart from a few minor issues but they state their build wasn't finished asnyway.

They state that the graphics are not becoming of a next gen title, the shots are "uninspiring", the game lacks emotion with 3 weeks before launch I cannot see thier hands on being with an Alpha code.

we'll see but the marketing men at EA need to have a word with IGN as I remember them slating last years version before launch too.

I trust IGN more than Gamespot, but IGN really can be biased and far too opinionated at times instead of taking a broader view.

I remember reading somewhere about having pre-season friendlies...?

That's for the current gen version.

I've been somewhat officially told that other than missing pre-season friendlies the next gen manager mode is essentially the same as the current gen manager mode, if that's true then that'll do for the first "full" next gen Fifa.

Manager mode on Fifa 07 PS2 was decent enough, had the basics you expect there to be, obviously it could be fleshed out to the n'th degree but at the end of the day it was already 8,000 times bigger and better than PES' ML.

Didn't it used to be 5 seasons?

Fifa 07 360 was only 5 seasons because they only bothered to put 5 or 6 leagues in there, 07 PS2 was 15 seasons.

Do you mean mid-season and without being sacked? Cause I changed from Liverpool once my contract was up for renewal on 07/360?
That's more than good enough. :) Would have liked a way to leave sooner (without being sacked), but never mind.

Any news on when the demo will be on marketplace for donwload? Surely this week seeing as it comes out in 3 weeks.
Surely if they say three weeks, it could be any time within three weeks? ;)

EA keep saying there's no official date yet so nobody actually knows. People are predicting Wednesday and Thursday this week, but that's guesswork and nothing else.

They state that the graphics are not becoming of a next gen title, the shots are "uninspiring", the game lacks emotion with 3 weeks before launch I cannot see thier hands on being with an Alpha code.

we'll see but the marketing men at EA need to have a word with IGN as I remember them slating last years version before launch too.
As for the graphics they are fine and as for the atmosphere FIFA is always spot on and from the vids you can tell this also all I got from the shots is they said they hadn't got to grips with it yet but everyone else who has played teh game has talked about the improvemnet in this area, so me I'm not concerned about what IGN have stated in this case.

As for the graphics they are fine and as for the atmosphere FIFA is always spot on and from the vids you can tell this also all I got from the shots is they said they hadn't got to grips with it yet but everyone else who has played teh game has talked about the improvemnet in this area, so me I'm not concerned about what IGN have stated in this case.

Agreed Jay

From all the vids I have seen the game looks lovely and the AI works well.

The Majority of gamers who have played the game have nothing but praise, I would rely more on this than any game site review.

You can also tell that the atmosphere in the Everton/Manu game is superb, so I dont know what code they are demoing but it seems like ALPHA,ALPHA:lol:

Ucl was probably the most atmospheric football game to date. The crowd chants were awsome. Only thing to come close is the chants packs on Pro Evo, but this is a patch so obviously not in the game from the start.

The IGN preview didnt seem to bad for me, was expecting worse when compared to the ign uk fanboy that always reviews pes and fifa.

The shooting seems very good when reading it correctly, they had difficulty getting to grips with it, but they also say they could see experts ripping them apart with good shots/skill. Which should really be the case instead of it being random[ly scripted].

Im not sure how valid the penalty atmosphere comment is, maybe its to do with the behind the player penaltycam which shows the fans as a bit generic without any special animations/flares/flags/stewards/etc. If thats what they meant they could have a point, although i have no idea how it actually looks. I cant remember 07 having much going on when taking a penalty.

i totally forgot about penalties

how was they in UCL?

is it the same as PES where you can only shoot in 6 different directions and its down to pure luck if its on target or not?

Penalties in 07 were excellent, 3 shot types (normal/finess/chip) with each having the power bar and full aiming control with the analog. It really is a great system imo. I was perfecting it in the arena. You have soo much control you could actually aim for the post or cross bar and depending on the angle(stick) and power you would hit it :D

You could also do a zidane wc06 final chip.

Ucl was probably the most atmospheric football game to date. The crowd chants were awsome.

Exactly! I'm trying to do some of the challenges to kill the aching painful wait until Fifa08 is released, I'm not doing very well so I keep having to play the same match over and over (currently a Valencia v Inter QF), I've tried it about 10 times in a row now and the atmosphere is absolutely crackling, combined with superb commentary it's just a great experience, really feels like it's a big, important match.

Obviously the one downside is that it has Andy Townsend who I used to like until for some inane reason he suddenly decided to change goal from the singular correct use to goals (as in "he had a shot on goals"), why the hell did he do that? If I was still in England at the time it happened there'd have been carnage.

Exactly! I'm trying to do some of the challenges to kill the aching painful wait until Fifa08 is released, I'm not doing very well so I keep having to play the same match over and over (currently a Valencia v Inter QF), I've tried it about 10 times in a row now and the atmosphere is absolutely crackling, combined with superb commentary it's just a great experience, really feels like it's a big, important match.

Obviously the one downside is that it has Andy Townsend who I used to like until for some inane reason he suddenly decided to change goal from the singular correct use to goals (as in "he had a shot on goals"), why the hell did he do that? If I was still in England at the time it happened there'd have been carnage.

LOL Placebo - next time I see him, I'll have a word.

When I say "next time" - I've never actually seen him in my previous 34 years of life (besides on at Anfield when he played for Norwich) so maybe I'm not the most suitable hitman for you on this particular quest.

Tell you what, I'll go halves on the bounty 'cause I totally agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom