FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

seems like ronnie is taking the michael or has a lot of twin brothers. I have agreed a deal for him to play at cowdenbeath for a box of wotsits and 3 cans of pepsi and a appointment at an nhs dentist.

seems like ronnie is taking the michael or has a lot of twin brothers. I have agreed a deal for him to play at cowdenbeath for a box of wotsits and 3 cans of pepsi and a appointment at an nhs dentist.

Away ye go.

Ronnie seemingly stopped of at the 'Beath,on his way down from St Andrews.

Next day he realised all his jewellery had been stolen.

:shock:
;)

The player reaction videos are brilliant, I love little touches like that in games :D

Yeah it would be sweet if these are in next gen, imagine a Gerrard freekick smashing into Lampard's head and him staggering about in a daze, beautiful! :)

Yeah it would be sweet if these are in next gen, imagine a Gerrard freekick smashing into Lampard's head and him staggering about in a daze, beautiful! :)
lol oh how id love to smash a Rooney Drop Volley into Lampards head, off of Terry and in the net!!! :)

Oh the excitement.... I cant remember a time when I last looked forward to 2 games this much.... oh hang on Last Year?

I hope the game is that good we all whack one off to the joy of smashing in the winning goal that lifts the league trophy.

Bring on the cum fiesta!

Looks like Online Leagues (not the with-your-mates one, the you-versus-the-world one) is top-leagues only then. Damn.

Looks like Online Leagues (not the with-your-mates one, the you-versus-the-world one) is top-leagues only then. Damn.

Jack, are we organising an online league for us.I know there is a thread but have we any idea regarding team selection etc yet?

There's practically a month until release, calm down! ;)

I think we'll make a new thread when the time comes. As for team selection, I think we'll go with Gomito's idea of doing a "draft" - putting all the usernames into a hat, draw them out and make a note of the order. Those at the beginning get to choose first, those at the end have to choose a different team (I'll record it and YouTube it as well so that there's no accusations of cheating :p). I don't think there'll be any team-quality restrictions either, accusations get thrown about no matter what anyway (and I always look forward to playing one of the "big teams").

I'd love to do an Evo-Web cup as well, nice and simple rules so that there's not pages of stuff to note down. Nothing is definite yet though, I've just realised that Online Leagues might only refer to the Online Leagues from current-gen, i.e. you're put in a league with 19 random players, all real fans of their teams, and the games are played in real-time (i.e. one per week). If that's the case, it will be a nightmare setting up an Evo-Web league - we tried it last year and nobody was playing the games. We had something like 20 people join, and then 5 regular players.

Last edited:

" Now use the right-stick to quickly switch defenders and choose exactly who you want defending, when you want him."

sounds good. i can see me getting used to it...i guess this would help switch players more accuratly. offcourse it will take a while to get used too... no more of "Damn, the AI switched to the wrong player! lol)

I thought according to the fact sheet that there are online leagues you can set up with your friends and an online league linked to the worlds top teams??

yeah it says you can organise your own friends multiplayer leagues so we should be ok

Last edited:

EAUK_Adroit said:
Good news guys. Just recieved news from Microsoft that the demo will be going live tomorrow at about 12pm GMT. No news about the PS3 demo yet but we'll keep you posted.

Get in! suckers

There's practically a month until release, calm down! ;)

I think we'll make a new thread when the time comes. As for team selection, I think we'll go with Gomito's idea of doing a "draft" - putting all the usernames into a hat, draw them out and make a note of the order. Those at the beginning get to choose first, those at the end have to choose a different team (I'll record it and YouTube it as well so that there's no accusations of cheating :p). I don't think there'll be any team-quality restrictions either, accusations get thrown about no matter what anyway (and I always look forward to playing one of the "big teams").

I'd love to do an Evo-Web cup as well, nice and simple rules so that there's not pages of stuff to note down. Nothing is definite yet though, I've just realised that Online Leagues might only refer to the Online Leagues from current-gen, i.e. you're put in a league with 19 random players, all real fans of their teams, and the games are played in real-time (i.e. one per week). If that's the case, it will be a nightmare setting up an Evo-Web league - we tried it last year and nobody was playing the games. We had something like 20 people join, and then 5 regular players.

Regarding the league, shouldn't we wait for a bit to let people get to grips with the game. I've never used a 360 controller in my life, so it will take a while.

Oh and regarding the demo, I'm tempted to get a 360 and xbox live card tomorrow :D Raid my savings perhaps ;)

Good news, and ill be back from uni at around 12pm gmt :D Good timing MS, tnx!

Whats the suckers part for? Is it a prank?

Last edited:

last post from EAUK_Adroit on the fifa forum:

Posted: 04 Sep 2007 18:14 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'd be better off waiting for an official confirmed date from us rather than going on other sites or you may find yourself let down if a rumoured date comes and goes without a demo.

So bollocks then..........where is the banhammer?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom