FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

hope is the last to die m8.. lol
im with u!

i got myself the new stuntman game, hope i can cover the time until fifa (at least the demo) well with it. :roll::lol:

seriously, i am excited about this! bring on the trick-stick finally!

yeh man! i see this game is making alot of peolpe excited, for many diferent things that are sounding and looking good...in my case the GK and shots being reworked...
i keep playing UCL, still liking it, and saying over and over to myself: man, if the goalies and the shot worked better this game would be everything im looking for since WE6FE.

i have my hopes that fifa 08 will be it. not by playing like WE, but by givin me fun, and that football feeling, just like WE6FE did.

rework shots and gk, add the tricks, give me a proper manager mode with relegation and promotion and i'm all set for the moment. :)

and i fully agree with your last statement, just what i expect from it

WENB boys have already said the PES 2008 demo we've seen were from a very early build. They have seen and played the finished version and were very impressed. All we can do is take their word for it and wait for a vid of the finished game. Fifa already looked very good at the show. They said people who liked UCL should like it and i am one who did ;) I only thought UCL lacked shooting and heading and from what i've seen they do looked improved.

Hey bring on both games. I should be having enough fun this coming year :D

i didn´t know that!!!!
i hope the final version have a more realistic look!!!
thanks for info lami!!!

taken from the australian xbox forums

Well I just got back from having a go at FIFA 08 at the official launch. Both me and Twindaddy03 were lucky enough to score invites. The day started off with us arriving two hours early (ill blame that one on Twin). After *** around in North Sydney we headed back up to Nth Sydney Oval for the event. We were the first two people let in and quickly made our way up stairs and found our way to a 360 and had a quick game before the presentation started. The presentation started and they went through and demoed the game and explained the new features and the trick system by the games producer, who by chance actually is an aussie.

So after the presentation we headed outside for some training drills with stars from the A-League. On hand was David Zdrillic, Steve Corica, Tony Vidmar, Sasho Petrovski, Clint Bolton and a couple others. We all had a go at the different drills and then it all culminated in a penalty in a penalty shootout against Bolton with Us the MS/Pidgeo boys won.

We then all headed inside and had some hands on time with the game. After about 5 matches I started to get the hang of it. The new trick system is usefull but does not overrule everything. It is still easy to be tackled when performing a trick or even stuff the trick and lose possession. The game now flows better and looks much more like a real game of soccer with bits of detail here and there that add to the overall experience. The most notable thing though is that the game now plays much more slowly which gives you plenty of time to plan your attack. No longer can you just take one player and run through the whole team. the graphics are also noticeably sharper with a great amount of detail in players faces. The game now also features the A-League and has such a large amount of teams that it is now 25% bigger than any other FIFA before it. the shooting is now alot harder to score but well hit shots give you a sense of awe as you watch the replays and see how close you came to scoring. One shot I had was Robin Van Persie taking a screamer from about 25 yards. It looked good in motion but in the replay it was awesome. The ball reverse swung with a huge amount of power only to bounce of the crossbar and out. It seemed so lifelike the way the ball moved that it is something that you would see any weekend in the EPL.

All in all I had a great time and am amazed at how good the game is. Thanks to Pidgeo for giving me the chance to attend and it was also great to put a face to the tag. Also it was good meeting Hep from Mygen and Tyraels Wrath as well.

^Now I am rubbing my hands in anticipation for this!!! Come on EA Demo pleasseee!!

The thing is im hoping we are not looking forward to something which then collapses as soon as we play the game for a few days.... last year it was so disappointing when FIFA 07 looked quite decent it then lacked depth like other FIFA's did.

I think the game will be miles apart from 07 Doc.

But I get your point, all this anticipation can sometimes lead to a sense of dissapointment once hands on.I just get the feeling though that the reports coming in from the likes of CW and others who have played it (the guy above) all state that its a nice game.

thats good enough for me considering I played 07 to death.

Still no news whatsoever about manager mode in 08 next gen, has me worried that, if it were something they were proud of surely they'd mention something? They can write 8,000 words about how you shoot in the game, or the threat mapping or whatever, but nothing at all about manager mode other than an EA admin on the forums confirming that there is a manager mode :(

Perhaps the Manager Mode is going to be the same as last year? still lacking a bit of depth. I hope they have made improvements though.

Perhaps the Manager Mode is going to be the same as last year? still lacking a bit of depth. I hope they have made improvements though.

Didn't I read that there is now a middle-of-season review of your position?

Eitherway, I don't see what's lacking in it depth-wise. It's about the right mix between a management game and a sim. What else would you care to see in there mate?

If it was the same as 07 current gen I'd be pretty happy that was somewhat decent, lacked a number of things I liked but I guess the main thing for me is manage Sheffield Wednesday, get promoted, win trophies, qualify for Europe etc. etc. (who says there's no realism in Fifa ;))

Well I know its odd to ask but if they could make it similar to SWOS's manager mode that would be cool. Taking on youngsters and trialists and training them up. Id love to see stuff like that.

If it was the same as 07 current gen I'd be pretty happy that was somewhat decent, lacked a number of things I liked but I guess the main thing for me is manage Sheffield Wednesday, get promoted, win trophies, qualify for Europe etc. etc. (who says there's no realism in Fifa ;))
Manager Placebo does the impossible for Sheffield Wednesday and signs Ronaldinho!!! :) I can just see the FIFA headlines now.

Re: manager mode - I'm sure I also read that there is an element of training and fitness in the game too - I've only been looking on this site plus the "CW is a legend according to EA forum thing" so it must have been recently it was posted....?

Haven't seen anything on youngsters though. I used my scouts on full searches to bring me obscure, fictional players.

Naah I want to try to do it with only the players they have in real life (so I'm desperately hoping we sign a couple of defenders on loan next week!) :)

lol well Placebo if the game is realistic you may gain promotion but you will get relegated soon after :) otherwise REFUND lol

Back
Top Bottom