FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

i belive u jack, cos i know it wosn't easy for u to admit the fact that pes08 its still better game, according from what ur contact is saying, but at list u are being honest. i hope the demo of fifa08 its coming out soon hopefully this week so we all get to try it out
Wtf? I read this post and thought "what a load of tosh!" If PES is better than FIFA and JB thinks so then he will say so im sure...

I would

I am working my bollocks off over there answering questions :)

I know Chris its fecking funny lol:lmao:I see you keep going backwards and forwards trying to make sure its kept upto date.

And your soooooo polite:lol:

I know Chris its fecking funny lol:lmao:I see you keep going backwards and forwards trying to make sure its kept upto date.

And your soooooo polite:lol:

Its the being polite thts killing me. I keep coming back here to fucking swear

PES IS better, the only reason people are bothering with FIFA is because PES6 was so small a leap from PES5 consumers don't see the point in paying for the same game every year.

PES IS better, the only reason people are bothering with FIFA is because PES6 was so small a leap from PES5 consumers don't see the point in paying for the same game every year.

Oh will you shut the fuck up. People will like what they like. There is no such thing as right or wrong in playing one game or the other.

When will people realise...

Nick I dont think I would say that its better, Its just now completely different to FIFA.

thats because FIFA has improved so much, yet PES has remained the same as it was but with a few tweaks and better graphics.IMHO i feel that PEs will play a great game and give me hours of enjoyment but as an overall package considering all the other elements of the whole content therein, there is no contest.

Gameplay will still favour PES in some ways, ydet FIFA will give a great challenge to its crown.Howevr, I want, authenticity, great online experience, more depth in the career mode, great graphics, superb authentic sound to go with gamneplay that has lent itself to alot of PES fans.

PES cannot give me the package anymore because FIFA has improved the most important factor.

Wtf? I read this post and thought "what a load of tosh!" If PES is better than FIFA and JB thinks so then he will say so im sure...

I would

no u miss understud me, his contact says so, JB he is not sayng anything, as he hasn't play the game, like as, thats why i said i can't wait for the demo to come out, so we all can test the game & see how it will play like;)

I appreciate that Ronaldo10. I hope that people realise I don't actually care what game people prefer, all that annoys me is when people say "PES IS THE BEST, FIFA IS SHIT, YOU'RE AN IDIOT" or "FIFAGGOT". Unfortunately it seems like half the board gets their rocks off on saying that.

Nick I dont think I would say that its better, Its just now completely different to FIFA.

thats because FIFA has improved so much, yet PES has remained the same as it was but with a few tweaks and better graphics.IMHO i feel that PEs will play a great game and give me hours of enjoyment but as an overall package considering all the other elements of the whole content therein, there is no contest.

Gameplay will still favour PES in some ways, ydet FIFA will give a great challenge to its crown.Howevr, I want, authenticity, great online experience, more depth in the career mode, great graphics, superb authentic sound to go with gamneplay that has lent itself to alot of PES fans.

PES cannot give me the package anymore because FIFA has improved the most important factor.

i agree with u in here
fifa08 looks next-gen, seems biger & complited game overall, but all this will depend on how the game will play, as that is what will keep u playing for many months, not number of the licensed teams or the sound & graphic, if the gameplay its not there, then all this is nothing, but if they(ea) can pull the gameplay this year, then thats the game to go for

I appreciate that Ronaldo10. I hope that people realise I don't actually care what game people prefer, all that annoys me is when people say "PES IS THE BEST, FIFA IS SHIT, YOU'RE AN IDIOT" or "FIFAGGOT". Unfortunately it seems like half the board gets their rocks off on saying that.

yeah i realised that, u have an open mind JB that's what i like about u, u give both games a chance at list, unlike some people in here,
that's what i do anyways,
no need to call eachother idiots or other names, with out explaining why or just becouse we don't play the same game, u know what i mean;)
but thats cos there is lots of fanboys and kids over here that they will need to Honestly, grow the fuck up, cos this shit its getting old, my game its better then yours, Honestly who give a fuck anyway:8): they are both good for different reasens

He's saying his contact has switched from PES to FIFA after being a PES fan for years. Good news for us waiting to see how good the game is, is it not? :)

My contact/mate is still just slightly preferring PES over FIFA, but he says that he and every other football fan in his office are going to be buying both this year. This, I should add, is an office serious about it's Pro Evo tournaments, where just mentioning the word "FIFA" this time last year would raise raucous laughter and cause you to be ignored for a week. No exaggeration.

He says the flow in Pro Evo has to be seen to be believed (although the videos I've seen don't seem to show that, to me), and that's why it's still top. But apparently it's incredibly even in 99% of gameplay areas, and the tricks/shooting/graphics of FIFA are enough to draw all of them in. It's only the response times that is putting the game slightly behind PES.

i totally agree with that...
before the videos has show, i read many posts here that when we see the game in moviment we would not believe in how realistic the game it looks...
but after the videos, i still seen that people can still playing the game with a unrealistic way... doing fast turns(180 degrees turns (arghhh!!)), passing the ball so damn fast and unbalanced, letting yours defenders so close to goal, making fast runs and crossing all the time and still winning games... because the game seems to play the same way the previous versions, but in fifa videos, i´ve seen people trying to play fast and not realistic and don´t doing nothing, which gave me a big impression that you really need try to create space realistic like a real soccer game...
that´s why i think the videos in fifa show so much more potencial of that PES2008 videos...

i totally agree with that...
before the videos has show, i read many posts here that when we see the game in moviment we would not believe in how realistic the game it looks...
but after the videos, i still seen that people can still playing the game with a unrealistic way... doing fast turns(180 degrees turns (arghhh!!)), passing the ball so damn fast and unbalanced, letting yours defenders so close to goal, making fast runs and crossing all the time and still winning games... because the game seems to play the same way the previous versions, but in fifa videos, i´ve seen people trying to play fast and not realistic and don´t doing nothing, which gave me a big impression that you really need try to create space realistic like a real soccer game...
that´s why i think the videos in fifa show so much more potencial of that PES2008 videos...

WENB boys have already said the PES 2008 demo we've seen were from a very early build. They have seen and played the finished version and were very impressed. All we can do is take their word for it and wait for a vid of the finished game. Fifa already looked very good at the show. They said people who liked UCL should like it and i am one who did ;) I only thought UCL lacked shooting and heading and from what i've seen they do looked improved.

Hey bring on both games. I should be having enough fun this coming year :D

Just been reading up on PES2008 a little and some previews seem to be suggesting that it is rather good.

I had my mind set on just going to FIFA this year (for the first time ever and previously I would have hung myself for even typing that out!) but now I'm thinking of getting both.

That does then bring it's problem and that is it's difficult to appreciate either game when running each together. They both feel different to each other and as was observed on the UEFA CL thread a while back, the only way to enjoy that game was to totally "rest" PES6 until your brain and hands had removed any memory or instinct that years of playing Pro Evo brings.

So, what do we do? Do we buy both and then have a week on one, then a week on the other? I'm convinced I'm not going to learn either game to the point of having a preference if I haphazidly swap from one to the other (unless one is really w*nk!).

Does anyone share this concern or should I just shut up and go back to work?

When you buy FIFA (if you get it when it 1st comes out like I will) you will have at least a Month to play it to death before PES2008 comes out, theres your solution I think :)

Just been reading up on PES2008 a little and some previews seem to be suggesting that it is rather good.

I had my mind set on just going to FIFA this year (for the first time ever and previously I would have hung myself for even typing that out!) but now I'm thinking of getting both.

That does then bring it's problem and that is it's difficult to appreciate either game when running each together. They both feel different to each other and as was observed on the UEFA CL thread a while back, the only way to enjoy that game was to totally "rest" PES6 until your brain and hands had removed any memory or instinct that years of playing Pro Evo brings.

So, what do we do? Do we buy both and then have a week on one, then a week on the other? I'm convinced I'm not going to learn either game to the point of having a preference if I haphazidly swap from one to the other (unless one is really w*nk!).

Does anyone share this concern or should I just shut up and go back to work?

Forget work lol

Anyway I feel the same, but I have decided to drop the "I wanna be outstanding at this game" attitude and just going for serious fun on both games.

You cannot be great IMO if you get both because they devour sooo much time, but you can be good and have fun.

I would get both, get rid of all the, ones better than the other, mentality and just enjoy it.

Spot on Jack

Looking forward to being spoilt for the first time ever with console footy games being great this year on all formats.

I prefer FIFA this year but will play PES also, enjoy them for what they are and have a laugh doing it.

What more can people ask for.

What forum is this on?

Coopz, its at the FIFA 07 website, go to the 08 forum and look at the top for the Leipzig Conference thread.

You may need to register, but its worth a look as CW is answering alot of questions.

He has sort of become a cult figure over there:lmao:\\:o/:applause:

They love him:lol:

I see its you whos is asking the most questions haha

I know:lol: I am trying to rattle him but he just keeps coming back for more:lol:

Coopz, have you noticed how polite CW is:D.

Seriously though it is really good of him to take the time out from here and add the sort of value that those members have been crying out for.:applause:

Makes me wonder why the feck the EA devs cannot do a similar Q & A:roll:

Fifa still needs a lot of work.

I've not played 08 yet, but im cautious. I had 07 and then CL on xbox, then sold them. Bought CL again on the cheap the other week as an alternative to Pes limited authenticity. BUt it just doesnt play a good game of football and how anyone can match that to Pes gameplay, even the limited pes 6 on xbox is absoloute madness.

Cl is better than o7 but its really DEAD SLOW. players like Pennant, Ronaldo and Torres are like slugs. One of the most annpying aspects of the game is lack of pace when players run for the ball, its absoloutely hideous, and again, less said about the a.i the better, defensive players stay rooted to their position rather than cleverly try and close down players after players go past another defender. these are all fundamental basics we take for granted with Pes.

Its not all bad though, the organic feel does seem nice at times, its just too slow and players seem to take ages to turn. However i hope lots of stuff is addressed for 08.

I think though Pes will be on the right track this year. Its starting out next gen again, its lacking a few stadiums and licenses but if they sort the fluidity of the movement of players from the previous seemingly 'stiff' moving players they will be onto a winner.

my hope is that we have two cracking titles in the next month or so unlike the ver dissapointing too we had, but PES still players a more authentic game of footy than fifa, despite fifas bells and whitles of proper kits, balls and stadiums.

Also i hope they sort out the bloody dissapearing crowd and stupid stand five miles away from the pitch. it renders the stadiums characterless - they all look the same! Stamford Bridge say should becloser to the pitch than the Azteca but theres no difference!

I know:lol: I am trying to rattle him but he just keeps coming back for more:lol:

Coopz, have you noticed how polite CW is:D.

Seriously though it is really good of him to take the time out from here and add the sort of value that those members have been crying out for.:applause:

Makes me wonder why the feck the EA devs cannot do a similar Q & A:roll:

I have met CW and hes not like that in real life ;)

Antred

I agree with some points but as I have said before if you compare FIFA & PES like for like then its always going to leave an unbalnced veiw towards your game of choice.

two different games sharing the same sport is what I feel, with both needing improvements in various area's.I enjoyed 07 even with all its problems, but I hated PES6 with all its problems, so I perceive FIFA to have made more improvements than PES.

That said I loved PES for years and I am 100% +ve that this game will be thoroughly enjoyable, but for me, not as enjoyable as the offline experience in FIFA (i spend alot of time playing offline too)due to its overall depth.

Looking forward to both fella:applause:

Back
Top Bottom