FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

It's not dynamic Weather they are working on, it's weather which actually affects the gameplay. So if it rains the bounce and skid will be different. EA are really going to town to make this an authentic simulation.
That's what this is about ,having dynamic weather is good but to have it affect gameplay is the way forward so in that sense it's just brilliant :applause::applause:

I am sure this will feature in 09, I cant believe they will leave this out again?

i would rather them leave it out till it works

if it does nothing there is no point in putting it in

It would have been nice to see some snow around the pitch during Jan/feb just to make it feel a bit more seasonal with some enhancement to the visuals with players breath being seen on a cold champs league game night.

That would not have been hard, would not have effected gameplay yet would hve given the impression of weather.

Are there any screenshots or videos of FIFA running yet? I think it's strange that the game that will be released the earliest has the least amount of new info (correct me if I'm wrong - I didn't exactly search long and hard for news :D).

Im impressed with the latest video in this thread

it looks very realistic to me, it looks very hard to take players on which is good, i can see im gonna have to adapt to a passing game and not be frightened to go backwards

Did you know...

FIFA games up until FIFA 98 were developed in Chertsey, England.

They changed to EA Canada for FIFA 99 and they've developed it since.

smiley_notworthy.gif
smiley_notworthy.gif
smiley_notworthy.gif
smiley_notworthy.gif
smiley_notworthy.gif

Sneaking an ArmA/Opf reference into a Fifa08 thread is worthy of great reward in my book! :)

:lmao:

The only games I really play with any passion, PES/Fifa and ArmA

Im impressed with the latest video in this thread

it looks very realistic to me, it looks very hard to take players on which is good, i can see im gonna have to adapt to a passing game and not be frightened to go backwards

this looks like the biggest improvement to me.. the tackling is much better overall and the collision dection looks spot on... it actually looks great to play defense in this game. I haven't see the ball go thru the players once yet in any vids.. it looks like you have more control on defense.. for example, look at the tackle at 2:54 in Arsenal Bayer vid

the only thing that upsets me is that EA doesn't have the manual keeper control in the next gen game... other than that.. this is the first FIFA I have been excited for in a long time.

Last edited:

Did you know...

FIFA games up until FIFA 98 were developed in Chertsey, England.

They changed to EA Canada for FIFA 99 and they've developed it since.

Thats why it used to be good up until Fifa 98 and since then its been utter shite. This year it is looking much better though and I hope it goes back to England again.

Last edited:

Well apparently they have been consulting with English folk to gauge their opinion on the game. No disrespect to Canada, but over here, football is more important than eating!

Well apparently they have been consulting with English folk to gauge their opinion on the game. No disrespect to Canada, but over here, football is more important than eating!

i agree with u guys...
there should be more english, brazilian, argentinian, italian, german, etc... people involved in the game, that way u get diferent point of views of the same sport...

oh yes, for sure. I don't want a football game catered to just one sytle of football. It has to be diversive. English teams press more and that leads to quicker passing (less accurate), and more physical battles. But most football fans appreciate any form of football, be it tactical defending and effecient counter attacks or slow patient posession football.

After putting the ole CL disc back in, heres a few things that NEED to be changed for 08.

1) The ridiculous computer AI beating ur whole team with ONE player. This happens FAR too often and is not realistic.

2) Because of the awkward control system, its very hard to tackle a player. The computer seems to have more control of their players than you do when you are dribbling. It feels clunky and needs to be tightend.

3)The goalkeepers. When they dive, it takes them a fucking age to get up. I hope in 08 they are able to do two saves in quick sucession.

If they fix them 3 major gripes, its going to be one hell of a game.

My mate does focus groups as a side job, he just got to play Fifa08 for PS3 and he said the usual that the graphics are amazing as we all know, but he was really impressesd with the gameplay he says:
-the pace is more international then EPL like real football
-tricks are no longer easy to pull off
-AI is way more intelligent

After the game session the group was asked to give feedback on the game, he said he would like more analysis at half time and at the end of matches and he would like the ''be a pro'' mode to be more expansive (i.e like the fantatista mode in the WE11). He gets to play PES2008 tommorrow and he will decide on what is the better game.

Back
Top Bottom