FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

I absolutley love the PES series. I have had every version including WE8LE patched with Reefurs 05/06 update and WE10 but this year I have come to the decision I will buy both PES 2008 and FIFA 08. I used to play FIFA up until FIFA 99. Really liked them and thought Road to World Cup 98 was the best version. Those indoor matches were incredible! \\:o/

Stopped playing it and got into ISS and then PES. Finally played FIFA 07 on 360 and I realised that EA have definetly been improving the game and that it plays a lot closer to PES then ever before. UCL made a few improvements and now from the looks of it FIFA 08 has gone a step closer. Beautiful commentary, fully licensed leagues, lots of teams and a good managerial mode make it all the better.

PES 2008 looks great too. Love the fact that the ref finally has a whistle and that shirts get pulled and you can dive finally! :lmao:

Cant wait for both games now. (But I want PES 2008 more!) :shock::D

people are asking if shooting will be better, nets, animations, and here is some little guy, right on the edge, just wondering if this is THE year, that finally the shirts will be untucked. lol

cammeyboy?

Some blog has 8 new screens, including Audley Harrison's* debut for Arsenal ;)

http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/08/fifa-08-new-images.html

24000254655.jpg

The blog also has a strange blurb, not sure if it's based on some insider knowledge or the write is bullshitting.....

EA has released 8 new images showing off more of FIFA 08, the forthcoming installment of their popular series of football video games. For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day.

Same pressures? Meeting a girl in a nightclub and having your sordid pictures sold in a kiss and tell in the mirror? Getting caught taking drugs? Manager of another team tapping up your players? Agents causing unrest? The mind boggles ;)

*yes I know it doesn't look like Audley, exaggeration for comedy effect, nothing more honest ;)

Last edited:

I finally found a decent flv - avi converter so I was able to clean up and edit one of the Fifa 08 vids that had a segment I found very impressive.....

Video is some human player versus AI, watch how the AI builds an attack down the left wing after the human foolishly gives the ball away, I love how it builds the attack patiently, sees there's nobody in the box to pass to so delays then rolls the ball back to the attacking left back and eventually the pass comes into the attacker and a good shot is matched by a good save.......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zGUB2n0kLsw
http://www.mediafire.com/?an2p9wnihmi
http://momupload.com/files/46113/Fifa08_AI_Attacking.wmv.html

Also impressive is the movement of the AI, always looking for space and making themselves available for a pass etc. etc.

true placebo!!!
this hole video impressed me!!!
http://www.psking.net/news/PlayStation 3/FIFA 08/7626

look in the min 1:11 how much time they get with the ball trying to create a space to score...
very impressive!!!
this video is very good to see how the AI semms to be improved!!!
the players without the ball are moving all the time to give options off pass!!!
watch henry leaving off the center and open to the left to give a ronaldinho a good option to pass the ball...
it´s incredible!!!!
the AI in fifa finally seems to be improved to give different options to the players...
it really impressed me!!!

sorry for the bad english!!!
i´m brasilian!!!!

Last edited:

lol they actually have a shot of my team on that blog. nice. ;)

and by the looks of it they finally have PROPER keeper kits for ALL teams:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_qGtGl4NFC8s/RtRVHKQ4bpI/AAAAAAAAHHU/z2ffnRO4eK0/s1600-h/07.jpg

same shirt as our goalie wears in RL, and we're surely not one of the usual big teams that get a goalie kit (arsenal, milan, real etc.)

would be a nice addition to go away from the generic "nike" design every team tend to use in fifa 07 and cl 07 :roll:;)

Last edited:

Some blog has 8 new screens, including Audley Harrison's* debut for Arsenal ;)

Those pictures are a little worrying, given that both teams are wearing white jerseys. Also, I'm really hoping they don't allow left footed players to take free kicks/goal kicks with their wrong foot - Casillas being the main player.

nice!!!!
everybody loves brazilians women!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
just kidding!!!

Everyone does, but only I'm allowed to love mine! ;)

Those pictures are a little worrying, given that both teams are wearing white jerseys. Also, I'm really hoping they don't allow left footed players to take free kicks/goal kicks with their wrong foot - Casillas being the main player.

I kinda assumed that whoever took the pics was just being a bit dumb/lazy and didn't bother changing so Arsenal weren't in their away strip :)

Hhmm where'd that thing about the wrong foot come from? Unless I missed something in 07/UCL players take freekicks/goalkicks with the appropriate foot?

had to post this...........

over on the ea fifa o8 forum, things are really heating up, people swearing and stuff askin when is the demo out, and in the middle of all the chaos, some little foreign guy comes out with........

" but you can at least say if fifa 08 PC will be various from the 07?
there will be finally the T-shirt outside from the shorts? "

and i actually laughed out loud, i was pissing myself.

people are asking if shooting will be better, nets, animations, and here is some little guy, right on the edge, just wondering if this is THE year, that finally the shirts will be untucked. lol

cheered me right up :)

No it was not me :mrgreen:

The commentary is good on the Everton Man U footage. But It really annoys me when they are mid way through saying something and then completely it cuts off into another.

Like when they are shooting it goes into a shooting phrase and before they finish saying it the shot has been taken and the keeper saves it. So it cuts off from the Speech about shooting and goes onto the Save.

I don't know if I am explaining it well - but this really detracts away from it feeling real to me. I think real next Gen would be able to fix this - It is very noticable (Well to me anyway :-))

Maybe I am just nit picking, but It was one of the things I noticed most on that video.

The crowd does sound good.

I've always been PES, but all I want is a great football game. I only bought PES because it was better - If Fifa is now better, then thats the very fellow for me!

Why do people feel such loyalty to a game - You pay £40 for it. The games manufacturers should start being loyal to the fans and stop rehashing the same old stuff. I just thank God that Fifa are making a competition of it now and hopefully Konami will Meet their match - so we have two great games.

Anyway the Gauntlet is down - Its up to PES and Fifa to win us over - I for one can't wait!

(I have been reading this bloody thread for ages now and thought I would put my opinions out there)

Video looks good! the more I see the more I like. I am seriously looking forward to FIFA 08 now!

guys is it just me or did one of the first videos of fifa look better than the ones we are seeing now? im talking bout the england v germany they showed at the GC, i thought that looked awesome, latest videos look like same old fifa, what u think? the gamplay just looked a little better a little slower, not like players were floating, thats what ive always hated bout fifa, and the floaty ball, but yes i am too looking forward to fifa this year, first time in a long time

The ball physics really are next gen and way above anything at the moment. Only thing that seems lacking is player likeness which is not a major thing for me but would be a bonus but looking at the gameplay I'm very very impressed

So is the demo that is coming out on the PC in the next few days the same as the 360 and PS3 version?

I have never been so anxious to play a game

guys.. doen any1 know if FIFA 08 will be running at 1080p on ps3 and/or 360?? thinking of going out and getting a new 46" lcd today...cheers

guys is it just me or did one of the first videos of fifa look better than the ones we are seeing now? im talking bout the england v germany they showed at the GC, i thought that looked awesome, latest videos look like same old fifa, what u think? the gamplay just looked a little better a little slower, not like players were floating, thats what ive always hated bout fifa, and the floaty ball, but yes i am too looking forward to fifa this year, first time in a long time

i do agree with u, in a way players pass & the way players controll the ball look more of the same game as 07, more and more i see it.
what i see new is, the players movements, animations, shoting, headers(more difficult to win the ball in the box) tackling & gk look more improved from what i can see

Nope Coopz, the PC uses the current gen system. Though if it's like Madden 08 PC, it'll POSSIBLY be better than next gen anyway! Madden, although using current gen engine, still pulls a lot of things from next gen and is still a great game (in mine, and other people also, better than the console versions).

So I wouldn't expect it to be the same as the console versions, but it will be worth a look all the same.

You have full control over pass speed though with the length of time you hold it

really? i never used that option on fifa07 demo, is it better when u use manuel passing? do u have more control over it? does players states matter or u can do the same pass with any player???

manual passing makes it a totally different game, you have 360 degree control where to put the pass, takes getting used to.

Been playing the UCL demo a few more times this week and i still have the overal issue of a lack of control. Its probably a mix between the response time and the analog, im old skool d-pad for footie. I would expect the response time to go away somewhat with practise, however the overal lack of precision with the analog is worrying. Youre running straight and want to go diagonal but while you turn the analog stick just goes past the "marker" and youre now running up. It happens to me all the time, which makes me spend most of my time trying to correct myself. And its not like you have "analog" control anyway, as the players only run in 8 [slow] and 16 [fast] directions. Try it out for those who dont believe me, its not that your player changes their angle to corrispond with the analog angle, its just that the analog is divided into the 8/16 angles and there is no accurate way to be able to control that. A couple of degrees off and you move from angle 5 to 4.

Also I hope EA gives a decent demo for 08 as the UCL is very stingy. I dont get why they just dont give a full match in a demo, its not like you "find out" too much as a storygame. I cant even change the controller settings in UCL, aswell as having to watch the stupid cardvideo every time.

So im in two minds now about fifa, i think ill probably be leaning to not getting this either. Even though its good is so many ways, if its like the previous two ill never feel in control of the game anyway.

Last edited:

i actually pulled out UCL the other day and had a few games against my girlfriend, i have to disagree, i think the control is amazing in that game, u can control the player very well, better than pes

A little concerned about the ball bobbling a bit too much, i wonder how the weather conditions will effect it. Say for instance on a damp pitch, will the ball skim across with pace?

I'm guessing how much power you put on a pass will also have an impact.

Back
Top Bottom