FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

EAUK_Baker011 said:
So far, all I can confirm is that it wont be this week. Still waiting for a more specific date though.

From The EA Official site.

demo is definaitly not this week. its just been confirmed by an ea admin bloke on their forums, he said yesterday he was gonna find some info, and thats what hes just said. so im thinking sept 6th seems most likely.

damn shame that!

Demo is much more likely on the 6th Sept by the sounds of it.

I will play it a few times and delete it if its Very good as it kinda spoils the game if you play it to death.

I wonder when the PES demo will be with us, knowing Konami around December time:D

dammit!

go away on holiday on the f**kin' 5th Sept!!

wife will wonder why im not relaxed and enjoying the holiday!!!

hehe

Demo is much more likely on the 6th Sept by the sounds of it.

I will play it a few times and delete it if its Very good as it kinda spoils the game if you play it to death.

I wonder when the PES demo will be with us, knowing Konami around December time:D

Agreed - i wont play it to death. Did that with UCL and wound up finding the real game good, but quite boring from the get go. It happens sub-consciously, you see. Even right now, I've played through the bioshock demo three times. Probably ruined it for myself.

be nice if at least the pc demo is out b4 the 5th, probably will be, hope so anyway...but as usual they will wait till Directx 15 cards to come out before they 'nextgen' the pc version...cannot understand why its always just a poor 'high-res' ps2 port and not a fully fledged next gen job

Lovely next gen vid guys

Everton V Man Utd

The nets look nice in this stadium and they are stipped:shock:and they behave like a net should.

** Turn the sound up, the crowd noises are stunning, absolutely spot on, especially when man u score, you can hear a small cheer right on cue.

Much better effort from EA

http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/videos/gameplay/4174/Fifa-08-Gameplay.html

Last edited:

CW the only part of that clip that disappointed me is when he mentioned Germany beating England and you didnt throw the 5-1 in there as a comeback

a perfect stage for that :)

Lovely next gen vid guys

Everton V Man Utd

The nets look nice in this stadium and they are stipped:shock:and they behave like a net should.

** Turn the sound up, the crowd noises are stunning, absolutely spot on, especially when man u score, you can hear a small cheer right on cue.

http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/video/gameplay/4174/fifa-08---gameplay.html

can't get the page to load for some reason :(

also, someone's arranging an evo-web fifa 08 league yeah?

can i join please, as united if possible?

who's arranging this?

after watching that Everton v Man Utd clip i have to say the game looks fucking stunning

also having a season ticket for Derby the crowd noises are for most part what you hear at matches, like when the home team gets near the oppos box or they away team is attacking towards there fans the crowd start getting excited, and when they lose possession there is a little groan :)

cue the boo's at a home loss

after watching that Everton v Man Utd clip i have to say the game looks fucking stunning

also having a season ticket for Derby the crowd noises are for most part what you hear at matches, like when the home team gets near the oppos box or they away team is attacking towards there fans the crowd start getting excited, and when they lose possession there is a little groan :)

cue the boo's at a home loss

Spot on Coopz.

The sound really makes it feel like a match you are either at or watching on tele.The sound appears crisp and not cupped in any way like FIFA07 and UCL.Imagine what its gonna be like in 5.1 lol.

Love the sounds of the incidental fog horns and the fans trying to out sing one another....fooooooooooookin fantastic.

Lol dibs Melbourne Victory!

Will that ruin the league atmosphere? Probably.
I'll wind up being everton or sevilla or something.
Or nothing at all, considering how our crummy aussie telecommunication system wont allow me to play with you guys without lag :(

I will buy both, as I did the years before. But I'll keep playing PES only, as FIFA just don't get it right.

I've bought my 360 last summer to play next gen footie. As PES360 was released in late autumn, I've got FIFA World Cup along with the box.
After a few matches I've switched back to my PS2/Winning Eleven (4:3, looking awful on my 32" LCD), which was more fun to me.

After seeing the first videos/screens of FIFA07 (-> new engine) I was excited to see an alternative arriving. Played the demo, but was a little dissapointed:
- Bremen licensed, but not even ONE good looking face
- numbers still mush too small
- freekick whenever you touch a player
- headers, but also shooting does not look right
- ball physics far from realistic
- the nets...

I've bought it anyway (hoping some issues were fixed in the full release -> nope)
I was not able to judge the AI (which normally should be important), because the game felt so bad, I didn't like to play on...

As UCL came out and it was hyped by some of our forum mates ("referee, has improved, bugs have been ironed out, huge step forward, etc...") I bought it, too.

I really tried to give it a chance, but I couldn't find much difference to FIF07 (except these trading cards....)

some of the latest videos are really looking good (passing, dynamic player movements), but some issues from 07 still don't seem to be fixed (nets, shooting, impact of player stats ?)

PES evolves slowly at the moment, but it does. EA has good and agressive marketing, which makes the gap between those two game looking even smaller than it is.

Oh my word it looks stunning, the audio, the graphics, the commentary, the animiations....

see that one handed save from the first time Scholes shot? The way Scholes just sort of guided it and used the curl

Last edited:

how i hate the black screens! before goal celebration, between every single post-match cutscene, EVERYWHERE

really spoils the whole "realistic" experience

The sound really is a huge leap forward.

The sense of anticipation when rooney lays that ball off to ronaldo was just brilliant - ARGH - **shakes/shudders**. The commentary as well - "heres rooney......RONALDO!" (Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (crowd)) Would have loved to see them play at Old Trafford but that was brilliant nevertheless. Cant WAIT to play it.

One question I have though - it said at the beginning of that video "Barclays Premier League" or something like that. In that vein - does FIFA 08 include the world cup, copa america, choice to play UCL etc.? One of the things I always loved about PES was that even after playing it for years and years - you could start up a new WC and get really, really involved in it.

One of my best footballing (gaming) experiences to date was in the lead up to the 2006 WC. My Brother and I made sure all the patching was perfect for the WC - Stadiums, faces, balls everything. We played every single match of the entire tournament on 15 mins setting - it took us about 2 months to complete it with all our other commitments - a different team every time so no emotional attachment. We scored some crackers and I still remember how sad I was when we finished the WC final (sweden won strangely enough...) and I knew I could never top that.

The Black screens dont really bother me - in that Ive never actually seen a footy game that doesnt have them. Come to think of it - it would be fairly engrossing if you saw becks walk over to take the corner, or place the ball down for the free kick.

Last edited:

That video was quality! the atmosphere from the crowd is crazy!!

really hope they got the loud atmosphere at the Velodrome when playing with Marseille.

i loved this everton x man utd video..brilliant goal!
one thing that bothers me though is that i hoped EA would make some more custom stadiums...like they do in fifa current gen(they haver euro style, UK style, oval style)...it gets really boring playing over and over again in that only custom stadium, for every single that thoesnt have the real stadium in the game.

does FIFA 08 include the world cup, copa america, choice to play UCL etc.? One of the things I always loved about PES was that even after playing it for years and years - you could start up a new WC and get really, really involved in it.

I might be wrong but I don't think they've mentioned which tournaments are in there, probably not a world cup though because as you know EA like to release separate world cup games ;) I don't think there's all that many national teams anyway with the focus being on club teams......

I thought CW did really well considering he has not played it that much ( think he needs to practice the shooting though lol)

The tricks look so smooth and as though it is one continuos animation, looks brilliant and is the best animation in a footy game to date.

Pes has some nice tricks aswell but they are not fluid from one frame to another, they are more 1/2 tricks at a time, still good though.

Lol i think chris was pressing square (like in pes) to shoot when it is actually cross in FIFA! Hehe.

They changed the button config on the show floor and never told us. Thats my excuse anyways ;)

The Black screens dont really bother me - in that Ive never actually seen a footy game that doesnt have them. Come to think of it - it would be fairly engrossing if you saw becks walk over to take the corner, or place the ball down for the free kick.

They bother me a little, but mainly with the goal celebrations. You see the player score, he runs off to one side, black screen cuts in, goes to animated celebration and magically the players are on the opposite side of the screen to where they were originally heading. This is what PES does very well; the players are all in their exact places when the celebrations are going on, hence you occasionally see players bouncing off defenders etc.

Lovely next gen vid guys

Everton V Man Utd

http://www.game1.nl/gamevideos/videos/gameplay/4174/Fifa-08-Gameplay.html

The cheers weren't on cue, they were about a second after the ball went in after Ronaldo's shot? Well, maybe not a second but there was definately a delay between the ball crossing the line and hitting the net, to the crowd cheering. Slightly disappointing delay but otherwise it looks fantastic :)

The cheers weren't on cue, they were about a second after the ball went in after Ronaldo's shot? Well, maybe not a second but there was definately a delay between the ball crossing the line and hitting the net, to the crowd cheering. Slightly disappointing delay but otherwise it looks fantastic :)

Most goals are greeted with a roar the split second the ball is in. Main reason being the a lot of fans are already on their feet in anticipation, which is why you tend to hear a lot of "yea-oooh" as they suddenly realise it hasn't gone in. No football game has ever got the crowd noise spot on, which is a shame really.

They bother me a little, but mainly with the goal celebrations. You see the player score, he runs off to one side, black screen cuts in, goes to animated celebration and magically the players are on the opposite side of the screen to where they were originally heading. This is what PES does very well; the players are all in their exact places when the celebrations are going on, hence you occasionally see players bouncing off defenders etc.

Yeah that really bugs me, and also the way that players in cutscenes appear to be randomly selected rather than appropriate to the position and action on the pitch, like a player scores and the first person to him miraculously is the centre back or something like that, I raised the issue on the EA forums but I don't think they really give a shit about the little things like that sadly :(

For Fifa08 I just hope they've at least fixed it so that if a player is booked they actually show the correct player, in UCL and Fifa 07 they often just show the same random player in all bookings.....

Back
Top Bottom