FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Yeah, the Be A Pro mode will give me some extra hours of fun.:8):

The real thing is that IF the shooting has stayed the same Be a pro mode is actually better at shotting goals for me because it just plays of the menu arena mechanic/mentality where it's one on one :)

i'm liking what i'm seeing from this new game mode. I wasn't about to get love football and this seems like it might up the anti as well get us a small taste of what fifa street 3 might be like...

When we have a confirmed date it will be posted. However, right now we dont have one. It is close, very close, but thats all I can say.

ea forum

Well I hope the Demo doesn't come out today.

Why??

Because I think my 360 is on it's way out. It's froze 5 times in the last hour about 10 minutes into different games. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes I was online, why? Happened on PES and UCL.

Last edited:

Why??

Because I think my 360 is on it's way out. It's froze 5 times in the last hour about 10 minutes into different games. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The 3 red lights will be with you shortly

I'm gonna take it and excahnge it at Game in the morning. I'm gonna kick up a real fuss and try and get a voucher refund and put the rest to an Elite. What drives do the Elites have in the UK.

Why??

This helped me with the freezes , I hope it helps you too ;)

Come on EA , where's that freakin demo!? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yup - i have done the xclamp replacement mod and it works a treat - also have done the dvd drive 'bumper' mod to stop the 'open tray' error

Yes I was online, why? Happened on PES and UCL.

when it freezes online, usually its something with your connection rather than with your hardware...but if the image gets messed up when it froze(online or not), than its like someone said , youll be shortly visited by the 3rl.

Looking forward to FIFA 08, think this one could well be the one :-)

It won't be the one. I hoped it would be the one since Konami is pissing me off for not adding 2 vs 2.

But like many people said, the gameplay core is the same as UCL and Fifa 07. So you should already prefer Fifa 07 above PES6, or it should have been the damn close, if this will be the one for you.

I think its going to be the best effort yet but certainly not "the one".

Animations, graphics,depth,lighting and atmosphere are all spot on but i wonder what it plays like in week 8?

I loved 07 but it did become very repetative, my worry is that we may well see all the game has to offer in say 10 hours of play (goals scored,animations etc).

PES will also not be the one, but both will play a good game just not fantastically amazing which is what we all want.

Shame really considering we ar into year 2 of this generation.

That video looks good. The only negatives are definately the nets (you cant even tell if its gone in or not!) and the obsurd number of times the players chest the ball. Also, that looked way too easy, so im hoping that it was on the easiest difficulty.

Have the videos shown any evidence of the shooting system that allegedly calculates air pressure amongst other things.

I heard the Demo was out on the 29th.

However:
First official news about the DEMO release dates. Next-Gen demos will be released nextSeptember, 6th. This dates has been confirmed by the Spanish FIFA Administrator in this official forum's thread: http://forofifa.ea.com/viewtopic.php?t=5586&start=270.

Rumours say that PC DEMO is scheduled for today, Monday, August 27th, although it's possible that the demo can be delayed too. There are no official date for it yet.

Have the videos shown any evidence of the shooting system that allegedly calculates air pressure amongst other things.

How can a video possible show that? The videos can show if the shooting looks right or not, that's it.

As to whether it really calculates air pressure, the cynics will say no, the believers will say yes, nobody other than EA will ever know.......

From Mr. Kenny M:

Here are a couple of videos i took in Leipzig. It shows the gameplay developer showing off some tricks and CW from evo-web takes part in the skills competition, but eventually comes last :). Enjoy.

Video 1

Video 2

I thought CW did really well considering he has not played it that much ( think he needs to practice the shooting though lol)

The tricks look so smooth and as though it is one continuos animation, looks brilliant and is the best animation in a footy game to date.

Pes has some nice tricks aswell but they are not fluid from one frame to another, they are more 1/2 tricks at a time, still good though.

CW did do well.... where did he learn skills like that?? :)

Back
Top Bottom