FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

no i did not play them kenny but I feel that with the addition of more animation(afterall thats all pes has done over the past 6 years) all the leagues etc back that it will play a more enjoyable game over PES.

owever I respect your opinion as its based on experience, something we are all crying out for.

How much do you think PES has changed as a percentage and in what area's kenny.

the player likenesses are really amazing in PES.

the passing is smoother and sharper, which makes the game flow much better than pes6 on the 360. also the ball physics seem less scripted.

tackling is better, u don't see weak tackles by strong defenders. they can take the ball cleanly in a strong tackle.

control of the players are better and more responsive.

it wasn't difficult to improve on the 360 version of pes6. it's like they have gone backwards to go forwards if that makes sense. haha.

yes, i was replying to him as what he said sounded like it was a huge jump from UCL which it is not.

he says that PES2008 looks like PES6, but in fact, they play differently. PES6 on the 360 was absolute pants.

PES2008 is a much better game than pes6 and it flows so well.

and again, these are my views from the demo versions.

r u saying that about pes2008 ps3 or 360?
if its about the ps3 version, it would make a lot of sense to me as they playstation controller really gives u a better feeling when playing WE series.
if youre talking about both versions, i will trust u, as u played it...the thing is that i just get that pes6 feeling after wacthing all those gameplay videos...
but no matter what, ill give pes2008 a try/chance..i aways do. i dunno, but sometimes i evan think that if pes6 had the regular edit mode i would still be playing it.

r u saying that about pes2008 ps3 or 360?
if its about the ps3 version, it would make a lot of sense to me as they playstation controller really gives u a better feeling when playing WE series.
if youre talking about both versions, i will trust u, as u played it...the thing is that i just get that pes6 feeling after wacthing all those gameplay videos...
but no matter what, ill give pes2008 a try/chance..i aways do. i dunno, but sometimes i evan think that if pes6 had the regular edit mode i would still be playing it.

i get the pes6 feeling too watching those videos.

playing it is different.

let's get back on track with this thread.

Round and round and round we go. Its possible to like both games if you have an open mind but there are far too many cunts who just dont see it

Round and round and round we go. Its possible to like both games if you have an open mind but there are far too many cunts who just dont see it

i want to know where those cunts are, so i can give them something to see.

sorry, i couldn't resist :)

now back to FIFA.

i hope youre not talking about me....
as ive always supported both games...im not a fan of any company..i want the better game and thats it...no matter the company.

Agreed CW ( in a sligtly less colourful way) I will buy both and just play them as two seperate games rather than comparing one with another.But there are so many peeps that just say one is shit because they like the other.

I am personally looking forward to FIFA more but will also enjoy PES for different reasons.

i hope youre not talking about me....
as ive always supported both games...im not a fan of any company..i want the better game and thats it...no matter the company.

I am not singling out anyone but there are just so many people who come in to this thread just to slag off the game, I just feel we are getting into a vicious circle. I have just been chatting with someone on MSN too who wanted to know which game was going to be the winner this year. There is no winner in my mind, you will like whichever game you like. There is no right and wrong

Agreed CW ( in a sligtly less colourful way) I will buy both and just play them as two seperate games rather than comparing one with another.But there are so many peeps that just say one is shit because they like the other.

I am personally looking forward to FIFA more but will also enjoy PES for different reasons.

Glad to hear it mate. You have to take both games as seperate entities as there is enough to enjoy with both games for different reasons

BTW does anyone have the link handy for the video of (I think) New York Red Bull (AI) v Man Utd (player)? Another dodgy cam one, I wanted to see something again in the vid that I remembered but can't find the bloody thing again :(

I'll buy and enjoy both games like I do most years. They play so differently there's no reason you can't own both and have a lot of fun with either. :)

with regards to the spanish EA forum admin saying september 6th that probably means ull be able to download the demo on xbox live in spain when microsoft put up a demo on live its not always in every country first

I watched the video and there are definately things there that EA deserve a pat on the back for,

Atmosphere
The pitch looks massive (Camp Nou looks incredible :applause:)
The animations are fantastic
You get the feeling that you are playing a 16:9 game

I don't like the Gears of War style camera though, it feels weird watching it and if you're playing it one could lose perspective of where their team mates are even though the radar is in the top corner.

Those warm ups are not nice at all. :nono:
I finally see the floaty effect (Corner) that some people have mentioned.
The way the players pass the ball still isn't realistic, they push the ball they don't pass it.
Ronnie thumped the 2nd goal in the top corner yet the net doesn't move [-X
Black screens.
Player models look the same (Terry and Ferreria at the end)

tobi, I think that most players in real life push the ball, only a few have to "wack it" to make it go far. I guess its just difference of opinion. I know I tend to "push" the ball more than "pass" it, in real life.

EDIT: Also, it seems that stupid chest down animation is still there, however you can intercept the ball now!!!! This was a major flaw imo with the other next gen FIFAs. As soon as a player chested it down, you couldnt tackle them, now it seems you can! :) Looking forward to this game and PES.

I still have this niggling feeling that I will go back to PES/WE like i ALWAYS do. I hope I dont, because the features they've included in this game are shaping up to be amazing.

Last edited:

Right on dude!! \\:o/:lmao:\\:o/

And I will be exacting my revenge for the 4-3 defeat you gave me on Live on UCL. I aim to top the leaderboard on 08 if they sort out the cheats.

I don't know how to explain it...Put it on SSN when they are showing some footy highlights, most of the time players use their instep of their foot to pass the ball.

e.g. When they pass the ball with their right foot they don't follow through with their right foot, their right foot doesn't go way past their left foot.

does that make any sense?

I'll look for some clips to better explain it.

I sent the link to the new be a pro vid to a former colleague of mine at BIS, he's a huuuuge PES fan, this was his reply:

Stefano says: FUCK!!!!! HOLLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!§ WHERE DID U FIND IT??? THANKSSS M8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

tobi, I think that most players in real life push the ball, only a few have to "wack it" to make it go far. I guess its just difference of opinion. I know I tend to "push" the ball more than "pass" it, in real life.

Watch this video from the 2nd pass onwards, thats what I mean.

I sent the link to the new be a pro vid to a former colleague of mine at BIS, he's a huuuuge PES fan, this was his reply:

Stefano says: FUCK!!!!! HOLLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!§ WHERE DID U FIND IT??? THANKSSS M8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:

lol, and i heard that a fifa fanboy saw the full version of PES and said 'ja! this is amazing ja?'

jesus, grow up. if you aren't already grown.

that be a pro video looks fucking insane, i just get worried about the "floaty" crossing comments, thats one thing that really puts me off fifa in the past, ball physics in 08 look much improved though, i really hope this game turns out to be fantastic, how bout the pitch? looks fucking brilliant!

An EA guy just posted this on the official forum regarding the demo:

"When we have a confirmed date it will be posted. However, right now we dont have one. It is close, very close, but thats all I can say."

I hope that applies for ps3 aswell because than maybe we'll get a demo this thursday when psn updates.

jesus, grow up. if you aren't already grown.

Excuse me? He's a friend of mine, I thought it was a funny comment, you remember what funny was? It's not a dig at PES it's a funny comment FFS, get the stick out of your ass already!

Could be thanks, doesn't want to load here for me right now so I'll try in the morning when the rest of you are asleep :)

Excuse me? He's a friend of mine, I thought it was a funny comment, you remember what funny was? It's not a dig at PES it's a funny comment FFS, get the stick out of your ass already!

Could be thanks, doesn't want to load here for me right now so I'll try in the morning when the rest of you are asleep :)

your sig says it all.

except you are the opposite of that. FIFA FAN BOY.

what is funny about it?

I just hope that you will be able to change the camera angle on be a pro mode so its like the Fixed player on pes, I hate playing with a close up camera

Back
Top Bottom