FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Yo Kenny M,how are the controls ?Are they more responsive ?
How is defending ?Has it been improved ?Is it easy or hard to defend against all the right stick dribbling ?
Cheers

hi,

i didn't find them to be more responsive. that was what i noticed when i played it for the 1st time. it was the same as UCL.

i cannot comment on the defending, but i tried doing the right stick skills against CW and couldn't get past him.

but if i knew what i was doing, then maybe it would have been different.

btw, the video i have is too big for youtube.

anyone got a link i can upload to?

It is, especially when Konami have done it this year. No excuse. But it is the worse version so I would steer well clear.

trouble is, I'll only be able to sample the PC demo for the moment until next payday. Still not sure what console to go for. I trust people's opinions on here though, so I'm expecting a comprehensive review from you Jack :D

Honestly, I'm just hoping for a better shooting system and more responsive ball control , that would make it a great game.

The videos I've watched so far just actually look like football. Pes seems to be a glorified arcade game that you might play on an old arcade games machine in a spanish hotel. Anyone watch the video where the guy tried to play a throughball and the striker was just standing miles offside, about 4 meteres away from his striker partner not even attempting to make a run or get back onside? It WAS EXACTLY the same as PES6.

Official EA admin on the Spanish EA forum says the demo's are all coming out on the 6th of September for 360/PC/PS3. It was delayed because of the PS3

It is, especially when Konami have done it this year. No excuse. But it is the worse version so I would steer well clear.
But if you compare FIFA 08 graphics and PES 2008 graphics, you should know why EA couldn't give the PC version next gen graphics. The textures on PC are a lot improved, but it's not even close to 360 and PS3 version.

Yeah thats a good point, pes is still very close to the ps2 version in terms of visuals anyway so it wouldnt be much of a job to get it working a decent level on a decent pc. the FIFA engine would probably need a far more high spec pc to run it fully.

Shame about the demo, damn you sony! :lol:

this is becoming quite an alarming trend, and its bad to see.

grand theft auto should have been virtualy here but was put miles back, because the ps3 version was having problems, even though the 360 version was bang on schedule for the initial date given. but sony always get the clause of if were not ready then no one else is having it, and it looks like the same has happened here with the fifa 08 demo.

i wonder what else its gonna happen with!

grand theft auto should have been virtualy here but was put miles back, because the ps3 version was having problems, even though the 360 version was bang on schedule for the initial date given.

It's speculated that it was delayed because of ps3 but rockstar didn't say anything about it.

I made a short clip of the shot that hits the crossbar from the Inter v Barca vid :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXMAZbHF6eo

Wanted to make a gif so I could hotlink it but it was 30mb :(

Thanks for that placebo.

on the original video of that, watch at the very end the way the striker adjusts his steps and body to get through the whole in the defence to have a side foot crack before it deflects to the other striker which is given as offside.The momentum animation is quite incredible, he really sort of thinks how to adjust to alter his speed and body weight.

I never played UCL but i have played the demo, its a nice pace, with the shooting & keepers being the bigest issue for me.

If they have sorted this (looks like they have)then its a defo winner.

I'm on Firefox as well, it's obviously functioning because I see the screen that says "speel video af" - but when I click on it, it goes black and I can't see anything.

Perhaps it's a bad connection to NL and I have to wait longer for it to load...

i just got it to load, video of be a pro mode with an advert for bio shock at the beginning. is there something special i'm meant to be listening out for?
looks good.
the net reaction on the second goal that Ronnie scores is really poor though

Thanks for the link.

I am not too impressed by the looks of be a pro and IMO it was a waste of developers budget doing it when that could have been spent on so many other things.

it seems weird when he shoots. its almost as though he has shot from 60 yards when in reality its 30.

The nets are still appaling for a next gen game, the rocket from Ronni into the top corner should have moved the side netting catapulting the ball around the rest of the net, instaed it seems there is some sort of epoxy resin thats coated all over the net so the ball hits and then just flops to the floor.

Be A pro is improtant when everything else is right and even though FIFA is far and away improved, it is not in a position for EA to say "the gameplay etc is spot on, so now lets add a mode"

Its something I will probably never use and its the poorest part of FIFA08 i have seen yet.

I'm on Firefox as well, it's obviously functioning because I see the screen that says "speel video af" - but when I click on it, it goes black and I can't see anything.

Perhaps it's a bad connection to NL and I have to wait longer for it to load...
That could be a problem yeah...

Translation of the text:

At the Games Convention EA showed us the new Be A Pro mode in FIFA 08. Today we can show the exclusive movie to you. This one is from the Xbox 360 version, and you can see us playing with Ronaldinho.

At first thought it maybe looks a bit weird, because you play with only one player and the camera is totally different (wich you can change btw, but the standard is much more fun). If you score with him, it feels if you really scored the goal on your own. Especially the second goal, where Jelle screamed everybody to come and see the replay.

What awful positioning from the goalie for the second Ronnie goal. He jumps after the ball has past him. Looks like scoring long range shots is a bit easy and the awful nets are back. What a shame.

And why do the crowd cheer about a second after the goal has been scored.

Video works fine for me. thanks very much for posting that m8. my pants are in a hell of a state after watching that, thats just absolute quality, the shots really do fizz now. the second goal from distance, when the show the last replay, from the keepers view, the ball flies over his head and into the top corner before he can even blink. and the way he takes the pass for the first goal is great too.

this game looks superb!

also the be a pro mode looks ace, reminds me alot of libero grande, all in all, that video has just done it for me, i was excited and was getting it anyway, but thats just took the excitement of the charts. commentary and stadium is great also.

thanx again for posting it!

What awful positioning from the goalie for the second Ronnie goal. He jumps after the ball has past him. Looks like scoring long range shots is a bit easy and the awful nets are back. What a shame.

And why do the crowd cheer about a second after the goal has been scored.

My feelings too.

The nets make goal scoring so stiff, takes alot of the excitemnt away when you see a steel cage absorb a football, totally unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom