FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

no way jack!
u gotta see it...man they did a nice job with the GK animations....itss wine from water compared to 07 and UCL...
i love it!

the nets movment look poor i must agree..but if u wacth EPL games, u also know that the nets are no way like those in pes2008
if theyd just added more movment the net would be spot on.

Damn, still can't get it to work. Sounds like I should avoid it anyway. :(

Jack

I dont think you would like it. I have loved everything I have seen from 08 so far but the video reminds me of pre 07.

animation is sweet but it just does not look right.Its like a scripted trailer IMO, some will like it but alot will hate it.

I supose it would be fun with group of friends but as a football simulation its very average.The camera angles makes the ball to appear to behave strangely and as I have said the nets are of FIFA in bygone years.

no way jack!
u gotta see it...man they did a nice job with the GK animations....itss wine from water compared to 07 and UCL...
i love it!

the nets movment look poor i must agree..but if u wacth EPL games, u also know that the nets are no way like those in pes2008
if theyd just added more movment the net would be spot on.[/QUOTE]

But we all know they will not and it takes a huge chunk of satisfaction out of scoring:(

I supose it would be fun with group of friends but as a football simulation its very average.The camera angles makes the ball to appear to behave strangely and as I have said the nets are of FIFA in bygone years.

yeh, but i would think that is because they are showing it on the superstar mode..and its poor(not realistic anyway) camera angle...
i bet everybody would love those 2 goals if it was shown in the default playing camera.

no way jack!
i love it!

if theyd just added more movment the net would be spot on.[/QUOTE]

But we all know they will not and it takes a huge chunk of satisfaction out of scoring:(

agreed.
well theres aways next year to hope...
i mean look at what they did with the gks...they look miles better now...i couldnt stand seen 07 an UCL goalies ugly/weird animations.

yeh, but i would think that is because they are showing it on the superstar mode..and its poor(not realistic anyway) camera angle...
i bet everybody would love those 2 goals if it was shown in the default playing camera.

I agree brunnoce, the power and pace is far and away improved but the be a pro mode makes it look strange, and no amount of power/animation can make up for a ball hiting a brick wall and flopping down like a deflated balloon regardless of camera angles-just awful

I do actually agree with what Brunnoce says about the nets, in the EPL they are exactly like they are in FIFA, whereas in PES2008 (even though I'm the first to admit they are gorgeous and will add satisfaction to scoring) they're not like that. Maybe in Sunday League football where the nets are way too loose, but not in the Premiership. But it may be different in other countries.

Still can't get the video to work, I've got no idea why - this is the first time I've ever had trouble, usually my codec pack and Firefox plays everything. The connection isn't even trying though so it must be an internet thing, it loads the page but when you click the video it's dead, no activity whatsoever.

From the reports you guys have given I'm hoping it's on the lowest difficulty or something (haha, yes, it's desperate - but all of the other videos have been incredibly promising).

EDIT: Placebo, you rock. That link you gave is downloading at 300kb/s. :)

@Dr. Force
^i feel u...
but i would think that at default camera that wouldnt be as noticable as in this ugly view.
one thing i am happy though is that we can now tap the ball in when one-on-one with the gk...

Somethings to improve:

The nets!!!

The way the fans celebrate (sound) is very english like. "Yeah". In Spain it sounds different because they scream "Gol".

The commentary could be more exciting in the 2nd goal.

And the weirdest thing, what the hell was ballack doing? When he goes from centre to the side line and just shoots the ball out of the park for no reason...

jack some are tight and some are slack in the premiership (old trafford) and also in the Champs league.They need to add proper animation and diversity to the way they behave at each ground you visit.

Football kingdom did it 2/3 years ago on a PS2, I just dont get it.

@ brunnoce

I am so pleased that the one on ones and shot power etc has improved but once its past the keeper, its kind of the most important part, they have just got it wrong.

all other aspects are spot on but this is a major issue for me.

jack some are tight and some are slack in the premiership (old trafford) and also in the Champs league.They need to add proper animation and diversity to the way they behave at each ground you visit.

Football kingdom did it 2/3 years ago on a PS2, I just dont get it.

ok, but u would agree with me that none EPL or Laliga net have that pes2008 shape(not talking about animations)?

those nets have great animations, but they gimme the serie A feel all the time.
they look to be aways playing in italy.

Seems both pes and Fifa are exactly the same as their previous versions in terms of gameplay...surprise surprise

Seems both pes and Fifa are exactly the same as their previous versions in terms of gameplay...surprise surprise

I disagree, i think FIFA is a better, more animated and deeper game than both UCL and 07.

PES is the one thats not changed as much over 6 for me.

Wow! I was impressed at that video. Ronnie's animation in everything he does, especially the way he strikes the ball is spot on!

The game looks very exciting to be honest, the only thing I didn't like about that video is the goal/nets style for that specific stadium. Their goal/nets are not black, but solid white.

The game's animations and other things look ace though. The shooting looks like it was fixed as well. And I love the keeper's quick reaction as he dives in a last attempt to make a save. It looked very realistic.

It's a shame the that the ball doesn't look like it behaves properly in terms of physics as it hits the net, along with the color/style of the goals not being the correct one.

Last edited:

I disagree, i think FIFA is a better, more animated and deeper game than both UCL and 07.

PES is the one thats not changed as much over 6 for me.

did you play the games at the GC?

i played both and thought FIFA hasn't changed much. i saw the video before i played it and thought it would be different, but ended u being much the same.

I must be turning into a fanboy, shit. I think it looks great... No seriously, I know from you guys that it must be flawed, but I'm looking at the way the camera moves when you run (and zooms out when you're off the ball) and thinking, "wow, that looks incredible". As for the goal, it was a good hard shot, the goalkeeper was in a bad position but goalkeepers do make mistakes (plus it may be on the easiest difficulty, as I said before). The second goal was a belter - the shot animation shows to me that things have changed, just look at the physics. He thumps it, it really travels, it dips, what a goal. Again, the goalkeeper was in a bad position, but again that could be down to the difficulty (or even just the AI in Be A Pro, bear in mind it has to be programmed differently from the rest of the game).

I'm sorry if that sounds like a load of rubbish but I'm only saying what I see. :eh:

i would say pes looks way too much like pes6 to me..which is BAD(offcourse i gotta play it to see how it really feels). and besides they came back with my beloved edit mode with full power.

and fifa , for my happiness, fixed my biggest gripe(gk and shots) regarding gameplay.

but i still gotta see what fifas edit mode has to offer...(i love to edit) not hoping too much actually but i do hope they at least let us set any official boot for whichever player we want.

still today as release date for the demo from the german source...we'll see

i played both and thought FIFA hasn't changed much. i saw the video before i played it and thought it would be different, but ended u being much the same.

ill be happy if it plays a lot like UCL with fixed gk and shoots.
like u said before, the ones who enjoyed 07 and UCL would be very gald with this
version. im one of those.

still today as release date for the demo from the german source...we'll see
Really, has he repeated his statement? What does he say if you show him the Spanish link Noted posted that says it will be September?

no i did not play them kenny but I feel that with the addition of more animation(afterall thats all pes has done over the past 6 years) all the leagues etc back that it will play a more enjoyable game over PES.

owever I respect your opinion as its based on experience, something we are all crying out for.

How much do you think PES has changed as a percentage and in what area's kenny.

Really, has he repeated his statement? What does he say if you show him the Spanish link Noted posted that says it will be September?

"just the spanish who tell us this date so far" - after that he called his source again, he renwed his statement of a release today.

really nothing i can promise but i "know" this guy since a few months before fifa 07 release and he hasn't told any lies or bullshit yet so i trust him ;)

ill be happy if it plays a lot like UCL with fixed gk and shoots.
like u said before, the ones who enjoyed 07 and UCL would be very gald with this
version. im one of those.

yes, i was replying to him as what he said sounded like it was a huge jump from UCL which it is not.

he says that PES2008 looks like PES6, but in fact, they play differently. PES6 on the 360 was absolute pants.

PES2008 is a much better game than pes6 and it flows so well.

and again, these are my views from the demo versions.

I must be turning into a fanboy, shit. I think it looks great... No seriously, I know from you guys that it must be flawed, but I'm looking at the way the camera moves when you run (and zooms out when you're off the ball) and thinking, "wow, that looks incredible". As for the goal, it was a good hard shot, the goalkeeper was in a bad position but goalkeepers do make mistakes (plus it may be on the easiest difficulty, as I said before). The second goal was a belter - the shot animation shows to me that things have changed, just look at the physics. He thumps it, it really travels, it dips, what a goal. Again, the goalkeeper was in a bad position, but again that could be down to the difficulty (or even just the AI in Be A Pro, bear in mind it has to be programmed differently from the rest of the game).

I'm sorry if that sounds like a load of rubbish but I'm only saying what I see. :eh:

hi jack

i agree with you...i looks very good! with the movement of the camera you can play a good free-role and your always see the other action on the field....once the defender grabs the ball from the striker you can run forward and releas a counter attack...

good idea...

Back
Top Bottom