FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

I'm defo getting Fifa this year, for the first time in...errr...forever. It looks good, I trust CW's opinion and I need a change from PES.

If you are wrong CW, the hounds will be released.

CW's opinion and experience seems to back up everything we thought.

Improved in all area's with an all round better feel, thats what we wanted, add the graphics etc and you have a great game.

@ CW

sorry one more- what was the sound like for effects, commentary etc.

Anyway, well done for going and giving it a bash and being helpful to us inquisitive lot:applause:

CW's opinion and experience seems to back up everything we thought.

Improved in all area's with an all round better feel, thats what we wanted, add the graphics etc and you have a great game.

@ CW

sorry one more- what was the sound like for effects, commentary etc.

Anyway, well done for going and giving it a bash and being helpful to us inquisitive lot:applause:

Glad my opinions mean so much to you rabble...

Couldnt really tell much about the sound effects and all that. It was a bit loud on the show floor and we were all talking over it in the little preview up in the press area that me and a couple of other guys had

Dude are you even really interested in getting/playing/demoing, (or even seeing!!!) this game?, honestly and this is not an attack or anything but, to 99.9% of real enthusiasts here that want to actually experience something new other than PES, something with a breath of fresh air and looking like a very good one at that from what we've seen, including me,

I think realistic about Fifa 08, because i know what EA is doing with their games(updates) and they also have a very good merketing. When you look @ other Ea games for example NBA2007. The game have also a very good presentation,animations and grafics but not a good gameplay like the 2k series....not only nba 07...also the previews version.
The people here never played the game and say it will be better as pes 2008. Why? Because it looks better?
Furthermore i know how fifa 2007 gameplay is.It is scripted and have to many bugs,which makes the game not enjoyable. One reason more to be sceptical about fifa 08.

you seem to just want the game to "FAIL" for whatever reasons you have, because you just seem to be very very, VERY negative towards absolutely "ANYTHING" coming out of this game atm, which inclines that you've got absolutely NO chance of having any form of LIKE or enjoyment when/IF EVER you dare play it.

Read my posts please. I said the fifa animation looks MUCH better as pes animation.

hardly make any valid arguments, which just shows how PES-infected your views are...

you want here some arguments? Read my posts!

and here is a statement which shows that i am right with my opinion: Dont trust the EA grafics and presentation. Play the EA game(s) and thank write your opinion!

Dont be fooled by Fifa's great looks, it plays very similar to 07. Animations are better but there is the same lag there to contend with.

Last edited:

2 things, firstly, i have just been to the offical ea sports fifa 08 forum, where a few folks provided a quote by ea saying pc and 360 demo tomorrow, and ps3 is sept 10th. so hopefully, if not, then oh well, it was good to dream.

secondly, the biggest difference i always felt with pro evo and fifa was the shooting, fifa just never felt like you were letting go of a rocket, then i viewed this video and that all changed, this shot is a cracker, and i could see some cracking strikes bein scored, sorry if you've seen it already, if you havent, then enjoy. you need quicktime to view it i think as its in .mov format, and the strike is 45 seconds into the clip.

http://free.elevanet.fr/www.xbox-attitude.com/videos_fkirw/gc-fifa08-barcelone_vs_inter.mov

Holy shit, look at that video. The animation is incredible and it looks very much improved from the previous games. I actually shouted "OOOHHH" when they hit the bar. Exciting times.

Please let there be a demo tomorrow Jesus.

Jesus_ws.jpg

"......I'll think about it."

Last edited:

LOL, "seems confirmed". Bit of a contradiction that, "probably definitely"...

i think well get a press release tommorrow regarding the pc - 360 demos to be able to download on 29th august wednesday EA last 3 demos skate moh madden we had a press release 2 days before they could be downloaded

Last edited:

some bloke on Fifa forums said:
According to Martin Welzl(apparently works for EA Sports in Switzerland) the demo will be released on 29th August(360,PC,PS2 for example) and 10th September for PS3..Go here http://uk.youtube.com/user/08FIFA08 and look to the left. You can also ask him questions via his email address martin.welzl@yahoo.de

So it's Wednesday now? Next it'll be the week after.. then the week after

Bad points are response times, floaty crosses, keepers parry shots very poorly i.e. back into play rather than out of danger.

Good points are better shooting and unbelievable animations.

All I can say is for the CL fans you will be very happy. Anyone hoping this is different from Fifa 07/CL should stop hoping.

You can't whip a cross in like in PES (double tap the long ball button), you always have to chip in these floated cross efforts in FIFA.

LIke I always say FIFA feels too floaty, too relaxed.

Actually, you can do low crosses, the system is the same as PES (hold down a trigger and tap X times), and you can do low corners as well.

Plus I don't see the ball as too floaty - floatier than PES yes but I'm not so sure that's unrealistic - however, I understand those who do find it bad.

You can whip crosses in, although I hope they have fixed the amount of goals scored from them as that was a pet hate of mine in UCL. CW says keepers parry away and Adonis says they parry into danger, we'll just have to see. I'm guessing this is a game which will get better with practise as the previous 2 incarnations have. My main gripe was shooting and that seems improved so I'm delighted and response time wasn't really an issue for me anyway. FIFA 08 is looking like my choice this year.

Anyone hoping this is different from Fifa 07/CL should stop hoping.

What about the dribble skills of the players. Do you feel the difference of the dribble skills,speed,technic and so on between ronaldinho and a bad player?

.........every year the same story! I buyed Fifa 2003 because i hoped ea done some huge improvments.No way! I also buyed fifa 2007 for xbox360 and after 1 mounth i sell it @ ebay. Fifa is like fastfood. ...i think i only play the demo but dont buy the game!

Last edited:

You can whip crosses in, although I hope they have fixed the amount of goals scored from them as that was a pet hate of mine in UCL. CW says keepers parry away and Adonis says they parry into danger, we'll just have to see. I'm guessing this is a game which will get better with practise as the previous 2 incarnations have. My main gripe was shooting and that seems improved so I'm delighted and response time wasn't really an issue for me anyway. FIFA 08 is looking like my choice this year.

Yeh like I said if you are used to Fifa 07/CL then you will love it. If not then keep staying away as this isnt going to change your mind.

CW should confirm how poorly the keepers parry shots, very unrealistic. We chatted about it while were there.

To be honest FIFA 2003 was the biggest improvement since the series went 3D!!!!

1. Hold R1 to sprint rather than tap "Triangle" or "Y"
2. Press L1 to make player ahead run into space
3. Player models and crowds completely made from scratch
4. Hold "long ball" button down for more power
5. Hold "shoot" button down for more power

Shame they had to release FIFA 2004 a year later and suck all the speed and fun out of the series :(

What about the dribble skills of the players. Do you feel the difference of the dribble skills,speed,technic and so on between ronaldinho and a bad player?

.........every year the same story! I buyed Fifa 2003 because i hoped ea done some huge improvments.No way! I also buyed fifa 2007 for xbox360 and after 1 mounth i sell it @ ebay. Fifa is like fastfood. ...i think i only play the demo but dont buy the game!

The skill moves are very deep and the animation of each one is flawless. Yeh you can tell when you have a decent player and not, but everyone can do skill moves. I saw a guy go past a player with Puyol doing a heel flick, like the one in PES 2008.

Because the response time is shocking you cant detremine who is a good player in that respect, but I did feel like I had a superstar when controlling certain players. Not in the same league as PES regarding player difference, but slightly improved.

What about the dribble skills of the players. Do you feel difference of the dribble skills,speed,technic and so on between ronaldinho and a bad player?

Hi mate just leave it now. If you don't like the game fair enough that's your opinion but why are you trying to make it out that this is an issue of right or wrong. FIFA has improved and even between 07 and UCL there was a massive difference. So to say there was none is wrong as I myself noticed it. You keep posting the same things over and over how FIFA never changes and it's boring now.

Do you feel the tricks are simple enough to impliment to become a useful thing to use in 08?

Or is it just too fidly to bother with after a while?

Back
Top Bottom