FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Damn, sorry for snapping lads, but the constant grating of that lads bad English finally got to me.

There used to be an ignore function on this board is it still there?

JayD, use the ignore option. For me, this thread is now full of This message is hidden because <username> is on your ignore list. It makes the thread much cleaner to read and you avoid getting caught up in pointless arguments.

Its better to believe EA than the truth?! ;) I am not suprised about that. I am more suprised about people who believe in EAs videos and gameplayvids from a developer and think EA have with Fifa 2008 the better gameplay.(in PES Thread there a lot of them) Maybe for some people who like good grafics und want more license...BUT not for a footballfan like me.

Remember in FIFA 2002 they added manual passing (most manual passing ever in a football game) and also the sprint button.

I went and bought it cause I was sick of PES1's "football on ice".

The game felt free for a bit, but it was just boring and had shit physics. FIFA's just the same now compared to PES.

This place has been bonkers today, shame there weren't more new videos to quell the madness... We're all expecting so much from PES and FIFA, and we've all (well, mostly) been disappointed by the vids and reports coming out.

Get Bioshock and spend a few hours in-front of the 360, it calms you down a treat, honestly. Great game. :)

lol i play pinball fx to chill out, theres been about 5 decent posts in 8 pages of shite today lol

WoW!...after wacthing the sneak peak videos from 442 magazine, i can say i am really excited about this fifa...seems they finnaly fixed the shot/gks in this game...
really waiting for the demo now!
27th right guys?

I suggest this thread gets closed and ill open up a new one for people who want to discuss FIFA in a mature manor. I cannot believe what I am reading. The Power you should start up your own FIFA vs PES thread and slag off FIFA as much as you want in there... You have ruined this FIFA discussion thread.

In other news.... if Suff has said its more of the same then that does slightly worry me, Why would he say that? do you think he is 1 track minded and loves PES to much a la (just like) ThomasGoal and The Power?

Cmon guys we are all adults from what I can gather, lets post like them!

So, what do people think of the comments made by the guy doing the FIFA presentation in Leipzig regarding the AI on both teams and how it adapts according to your style of play, whether you play the passing game, long ball or the individual skills style?

I'm intrigued by the propsect of a game that can implement an effective long-ball style of play. I'll be surprised if EA come close to pulling it off as FIFA still seems to lack enough physicality in the action to make it anything like plausible. But it would be very interesting to have to adopt that style of play in the lower leagues and then try to build a team of more skillful players as your team wins promotions to higher divisions.

Sounds good to me winston. To be honest I think we should take what the EA rep says with a bucketload of salt... he will of course try and sell the game. I realised when I posted word for word what he said about the individual Player Calculations that this must be bullshit.

Anywayz at least someone is contributing something decent to the thread rather than touting and continuing a Flame War.

I have just read though 5 pages of shit with no new Info or videos at all

Can people who dislike Fifa keep out of this thread because this is for people who are interested in Fifa

I have just read though 5 pages of shit with no new Info or videos at all

Can people who dislike Fifa keep out of this thread because this is for people who are interested in Fifa
Well I have tried to restore order... but no one listens lol

thats cuz your not a moderator

maybe some temporary bans are needed till the games are out ;)

Lol cheers Coopz.. me of no power!!

Yeah I think you could be right.. not naming any names of course... Cough Cough The Power Cough

Poor quality Video, Hard to tell how good it is from that.

Crap video.

Tricks possible thanks to the Cell processor? How come 360 version is exactly the same.

This video was posted earlier, same bent Aussie EA rep as realier.

Shows how much some people just love to big up the PS3 (not talking about you Nick)

Lol cheers Coopz.. me of no power!!

Yeah I think you could be right.. not naming any names of course... Cough Cough The Power Cough

I only discuss about the game...ok ..to long...but i insult nobody. Take a look @ jay-d. He bash me for nothing! Thanks.

I am also interesting in Fifa but i am more scepetical about what ea shows and what they say. Only my point of view.

Here is an interview with the 2 EA Developers from GC 2007

http://www.readmore.de/index.php?cont=articles&id=3021

translation

http://translate.google.com/transla...articles&id=3021&langpair=de|en&hl=de&ie=UTF8

Know what I feel like doing right now?

Fucking both these titles, I've near enough played them to death before, and spend the limited amount of time I'll have this next 6 months playing decent games like...

Bioshock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Burnout Paradise
Virtua Fighter 5
Sensible Soccer

Here's to PES 2009 and FIFA 09, hope you're more of an evolution than your predecessors!

Last edited:

I certainly feel that way about PES. It's really the only footy game (virtually the only game) I've played over the past 7 years and, looking at PES2008, I feel no excitement, only frustration at the lack of anything new.

FIFA, on the other hand, I've hardly played at all since the dire 2001/2 or something. I played a bit of FIFA07 on PS2, but not much. So to me, FIFA08 looks fresh, something different. Not really too bothered if the gameplay isn't perfect, isn't exactly like real football, so long as the gameplay is decent, and it looks like it is, and with all the different game modes - manager mode, be-a-pro, etc - , proper leagues with promotion/relegation, etc, this will keep me going.

I think FIFA is becoming reasonably good at just the right time for a lot of people who, like me, have run out of patience with the lack of progress in PES and want to try something else. FIFA08 fits the bill.

Who knows, maybe after a few months of FIFA, I'll go back to PES2008 and find a new freshness with it.

@ winston, regarding the addaptive AI. That was in UCL aswell. Works well from what i remember/played. You should ask the guys that played it a lot how well it worked, Jack?

Its such a change from EA to hardly say/show anything about the game. With how the game is developing (07/CL) i would be inclined to assume its because its getting really good, instead of being scared of showing it.

Again is monday demo day confirmed?

@ winston, regarding the addaptive AI. That was in UCL aswell. Works well from what i remember/played. You should ask the guys that played it a lot how well it worked, Jack?

Its such a change from EA to hardly say/show anything about the game. With how the game is developing (07/CL) i would be inclined to assume its because its getting really good, instead of being scared of showing it.

Again is monday demo day confirmed?
For what it's worth I noticed the adaptive AI every game, and said when this "teamvision" stuff came up that it was already present in UEFA CL and the guys saying EA steal from Konami had something to chew on. ;)

First time I noticed it was in the first match, after about half an hour of a match. I could dig up my original post in here from when it happened but it'll be a bitch to find.

My style at the time (in any football game) was wing play, non-stop. I'd get the ball around the half-way line, through-ball it to a winger and pump a cross in. After a couple of times doing that, the wing-backs got a lot more agressive. They were playing higher up to block the wingers, leaving a bit more space in the middle but blocking off wing-play (unless you had a player like Cristiano).

It was great, meant you were wise to consider your style before a match (if your central people are stronger, use them, possibly even play a five-man midfield, etc. etc. etc.) ... and before anyone says it, I wasn't the only person to notice this, so I'm not mad. :)

It worked really well, the disadvantages were sometimes it was a bit "numerical". For example, three times (e.g. three passes to a winger in a good position) seemed to be a magic number 75% of the time, at which point the CPU would get it's act together. But overall it was great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom