FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Yes I am a PES fanboy, and until EA make a FIFA game that feels exciting to play I'll always be a PES fanboy.

From the videos the game looks slow, dull and lacks the urgency of PES.

I played UCL on 360 a lot and for me it's exciting to play, the atmosphere, the presentation, the gameplay, the commentary, all add up to very exciting......

From the videos the game looks slow, dull and lacks the urgency of PES.

And for me from the PES videos it looks way too fast and arcadey for my liking.

He said a 1000 times that he doesn't like FIFA, and is going to buy PES 2008. Ok, no one should have problems with that. But you can say that in 1 post, thats enough

But when various people are jumping on his opinion, he's forced explain himself further. Obviously it works both ways so you just end up with two people stating the same thing several times.

If you ask me your posting bullshit.

Anywayz its not that I dont like PES its that some people STILL dont realise it has PATHETIC Shortcomings like AI Cheating and Bullshit Physics and dodgy collision detection.... Plus they love Walt Disney as being Konamis GFX Team.

Oh, so PES isn't perfect! Woop de doo! We all know that!

DjDoc has a good idea, let's all go and play a game that's 10x fucking worse at these things for the sake of it.

Have you seen the collision detection in FIFA! JESUS WEPT I can't believe some people on here!

Last time I checked, the PES thread had over 300 pages. I think comparing thread size to work out the best game is a great idea.

I was referring to the "offical" thread which is 5 or 6 pages long.

Thanks for the sarcasm anyway, makes me feel good being spoken to like a child.

But when various people are jumping on his opinion, he's forced explain himself further. Obviously it works both ways so you just end up with two people stating the same thing several times.
He knew that people were gonna jump on his opinion, before he started posting bullshit.

Lets call an end to these comparisons. If you want to talk about PES do it in the PES/WE thread. If you want to talk about FIFA then do it... if your just going to run either game down with pointless posts then do it on PESGAMING! lol

Oh, so PES isn't perfect! Woop de doo! We all know that!

DjDoc has a good idea, let's all go and play a game that's 10x fucking worse at these things for the sake of it.

Have you seen the collision detection in FIFA! JESUS WEPT I can't believe some people on here!
Jesus I hit a nerve. Did I once say FIFA was perfect? nope. Infact if you READ my posts I am quite harsh on FIFA as well.

Ah fuck it its only a computer game :)

Lets call an end to these comparisons. If you want to talk about PES do it in the PES/WE thread. If you want to talk about FIFA then do it... if your just going to run either game down with pointless posts then do it on PESGAMING! lol
Jesus I hit a nerve. Did I once say FIFA was perfect? nope. Infact if you READ my posts I am quite harsh on FIFA as well.

Ah fuck it its only a computer game :)
:applause:

As dj says, leave the comparisons now. Discuss each game in its own thread.

Peopl are saying FIFA is better, we're just giving our reasons why we don't THINK it's better.

You just think PES is better because you suck at FIFA :lol:.

Are you even thinking of buying FIFA? If not, stop trolling.

Go play PES \\:o/.

If you ask me your posting bullshit.

I post some arguments but you think this is bullshit? :)

How can i win every game in pes6/wejl2007 when the AI is cheating?

@ajax

stop posting bullshit!

------------------------------------

Its make no sence. Some people wont to discuss here. They only want to bash the other game without arguments and write bullshit like ajax

I post some arguments but you think this is bullshit? :)

How can i win every game in pes6/wejl2007 when the AI is cheating?

@ajax

stop posting bullshit!
well 1 your baiting Ajax and 2 your posting hate posts about FIFA.... not required!

Nick youv'e been around here for a long time like I have and I never really had you associated with the kind of knobish behaviour your displaying in this thread.

Stop all this stupid arguments. Ajax just ignore The Power.

Nick youv'e been around here for a long time like I have and I never really had you associated with the kind of knobish behaviour your displaying in this thread.

Sorry if it's bothered you, you're a decent poster.

I've just never read such stupid comments like this on this forum before. Can we have BecksMania back, he doesn't seem so bad now.

well 1 your baiting Ajax and 2 your posting hate posts about FIFA.... not required!

here are my all arguments why i dont like fifa:

i hated to score a goal cause it allways felt scripted and the same.

Another thing that i hate in fifa is the there are no difference between the player stats. In PES you can run with Martins or Henry and you feel his speed and acceleration in compare to viduka who have more body balance. In fifa i feel no difference between Henry and Trezegeut. I dont feel the better technic(Zidane) of a player or the better (long) pass ability and so on....

and why pes grafics are nexgen. You think is is curengen.

1. The grass is 3D nexgen!
2. The polycount is much better than in pes6.
3. The faces looks much better.
4. It runs with 60 fps
5. The textures are much better

100. Look at the screenshots and compare!

ajax this is bullshit? Cya and stop posting bull..start posts argument for a discussion!

I don't think you understand where people are coming from.

PES2008 doesn't look nex-gen graphically because FIFA 08 has now set such a high standard.

I hope there's an option to play in an empty stadium in PES2008 because the crowd looks disgusting!

The only thing PES2008 manages to do better than FIFA 08 in the area is the shape of the player models (body and face), the rest just looks a mess compared to FIFA 08.

@ The Power

We have gathered you don't like FIFA, then why are you posting in a FIFA thread which is for people who like FIFA? It's better you just post in the PES thread, that way you can avoid these silly arguments.

Stop all this stupid arguments. Ajax just ignore The Power.

Or do as I do and literally add people to your Ignore List on the User CP.

De-stress your life :-)

Looking forward to seeing any new vids coming out so lets keep our eyes peeled.

@ The Power

We have gathered you don't like FIFA, then why are you posting in a FIFA thread which is for people who like FIFA? It's better you just post in the PES thread, that way you can avoid these silly arguments.

why people posting who dont like pes in a PES thread which is for people who like PES? Because the PES/Fifa Thread is not only for people who likes the game.

Last edited:

You only like FIFA cause of the graphics.

Didn't you used to have Road to World Cup on 360 as your avatar saying it's the greatest game ever made, shows how much your opinion's worth.

I played UCL on 360 a lot and for me it's exciting to play, the atmosphere, the presentation, the gameplay, the commentary, all add up to very exciting......

And for me from the PES videos it looks way too fast and arcadey for my liking.

The reason I liked PES previously over FIFA was because it played at a slower, more realistic speed compared to FIFA. Then when FIFA 07, and ESPECIALLY UCL, came out I much preferred EA's offerings over PES. PES just feels like an arcade game now, I much prefer the slower football game more like continental football with time to pick your plays and pass it around as opposed to charging towards the goal everytime you get the ball.

@ the power its graphics by the way. that was really pissing me off.

And EA stated the next gen engine was built from scratch. Not each new game on next gen is built form scratch. ie current gen fifa has no relation whatsoever to next gen.

EDIT- It says a lot for you 'die for konami fanboys' that you are trying hard to make fifa look bad instead of saying how great PES is. It must sting to be made to look like a knob by konami.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom