FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

You only like FIFA cause of the graphics.

Didn't you used to have Road to World Cup on 360 as your avatar saying it's the greatest game ever made, shows how much your opinion's worth.

Well... The adboards are a BIG pain of mine as is the grass...

Those things HAVE TO DONE to make any next gen soccer game better than anything from current gen to warrant purchase. gameplay is an obvious factor but the little thing help and when thay all come togther it's awesome

And thanks for taking a jab at me because i like something

You only like FIFA cause of the graphics.

Didn't you used to have Road to World Cup on 360 as your avatar saying it's the greatest game ever made, shows how much your opinion's worth.
Did you not have a FIFA 07 avatar for six months? Now you're saying it's utter shit.

People in glass houses...

Have you seen the collision detection in FIFA! JESUS WEPT I can't believe some people on here!

Have you seen the clipping in PES 2008? Watching one of the videos (Brazil v France I think) France concede a penalty and the defender's arm goes completely through the chest of the Brazilian attacker and comes out the other side.......

Have you seen the clipping in PES 2008? Watching one of the videos (Brazil v France I think) France concede a penalty and the defender's arm goes completely through the chest of the Brazilian attacker and comes out the other side.......

That sort of thing happened in PES6.

Oh, hang on, PES2008 is PES6 :lol:.

So is there any news on fifa??!?!?!?!

Thats 4/5 pages of complete and utter BS. Can we put it to rest, and if not just ignore each other via the user list?

Back to the video posted ages ago (user video on gametrailers, 40sec eng-ger), found it amusing how the players (people) were only trying to do the tricks and not actually play a game of football. Trying all sorts with terry as he was the first player to get the ball.

So is monday demo day confirmed?

What a big suprise! :)
Couldn't wait could you? I bet you squirted jizz everywhere as you put the smiley on the end of that post. ;)

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that, A) with them being a WE fansite, B) after my contact/friend telling me that PES2008 and FIFA 08 are closer than ever this year, and C) after seeing the FIFA video (Eng v Ger) of the passing movement for myself. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it - and resign myself to Football Manager for another year.

Last edited:

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that, A) with WENB being a WE fansite and B) after seeing the FIFA video of the passing movement. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it (and resign myself to Football Manager for another year).

One of my mates also go to leipzig to play the new pes and fifa. so we will see :)

To be fair to suff, it depends how much of the game he's played, both 07/UCL/08. If he hasnt played fifa much the actual engine/gameplay will probably seem the same. Although if he has said that pes08 was sooo much different then i would really wonder. Tbh, fifa doesnt need to change too much, shooting/crossing/goalies and its well on its way. Passing is already excellent, ai was good in UCL and the stutter in 07 was removed.

Oh and ive added power to the ignore list, so would you guys be so kind not to quote him, tnx!

Did you not have a FIFA 07 avatar for six months? Now you're saying it's utter shit.

People in glass houses...

Yeah, soon got bored of THAT game! I actually took it down not long after buying the game, I loved those Arsenal vs Fulham vids on IGN though, really thought EA had made a PES killer back then.

You must have took six months to buy the game then, because I remember you still having it when even I was getting frustrated with the game.

A friend of mine just sent me an e-mail, he has been Leipzig GC today:

"played FIFA 08 as well, to be honest it is not a huge improvement over Champions League, it looks a little better and is a bit smoother but essentially the gameplay is the same"

This guy is a fan of FIFA and PES games so I am inclined to trust his viewpoints, also both Suff and Adam had been bigging up FIFA 08 so again will trust what they say. I didn't play EA Champions League but from all accounts it was a good game so if this is more of the same and a bit better I will probably buy it.

A friend of mine just sent me an e-mail, he has been Leipzig GC today:

"played FIFA 08 as well, to be honest it is not a huge improvement over Champions League, it looks a little better and is a bit smoother but essentially the gameplay is the same"

This guy is a fan of FIFA and PES games so I am inclined to trust his viewpoints, also both Suff and Adam had been bigging up FIFA 08 so again will trust what they say. I didn't play EA Champions League but from all accounts it was a good game so if this is more of the same and a bit better I will probably buy it.
It was, and I would have played UEFA CL for longer if it had more competitions etc... But still... Damn, that's a bastard...

It was, and I would have played UEFA CL for longer if it had more competitions etc... But still... Damn, that's a bastard...

Thanks, well if you say that CL was a good game and FIFA 08 is slightly improved on that and is smoother then that is deffo a step in the right direction from EA, so I think i'll buy it and also PES this year so i'll have the best of both worlds.

It was (in my opinion) a great game, the movement was great and it was just a breath of fresh air. I played it a lot and PES didn't get a look in (since the moment I played the FIFA 07 demo, seeing how free you were to run around and how organic everything was, I can't play PES for more than a few days without going off it for three months) - the only reason I stopped playing it was because once you'd won the CL, there was nothing else to do except for the card-mode which I didn't really like - more of a schoolboy's addition I think, no offence to anyone who played it.

So more of the same in the case of UEFA is great, BUT there's still lots of things that need fixing. The shooting being the main one - aiming-wise I loved it, but power-wise it was random at the best of times. Just got to hope that's "fixed".

Last edited:

Couldn't wait could you? I bet you squirted jizz everywhere as you put the smiley on the end of that post. ;)

No offence to WENB but I don't trust that, A) with them being a WE fansite, B) after my contact/friend telling me that PES2008 and FIFA 08 are closer than ever this year, and C) after seeing the FIFA video (Eng v Ger) of the passing movement for myself. If Kenny M (who is from this forum but clearly not a fanboy) has a go of it in Leipzig tomorrow and says it's the same then I'll believe it - and resign myself to Football Manager for another year.

Those guys, especially Suff, will tell it "like it is". He's assured me that he will come back with bad news if he has too.
They are fans at the end of the day, and they have credibility to maintain, despite your casting doubts.

Don't forget, there are subjective opinions about this too you know?

They also work for Konami, remember that. How long would their privalages last if they suddenly came back telling a PES board that FIFA is better.

Anyhow I'm not debating any more, the proof is in the pudding for me and until I play either game then I aint saying no more.

They also work for Konami, remember that. How long would their privalages last if they suddenly came back telling a PES board that FIFA is better.

Anyhow I'm not debating any more, the proof is in the pudding for me and until I play either game then I aint saying no more.

This guy is a fan of FIFA and PES games

Its better to believe EA than the truth?! ;) I am not suprised about that. I am more suprised about people who believe in EAs videos and gameplayvids from a developer and think EA have with Fifa 2008 the better gameplay.(in PES Thread there a lot of them) Maybe for some people who like good grafics und want more license...BUT not for a footballfan like me.

Just a short question:

Is there a kind of Peslike "super cancel" in Fifa, or anyway, a way to not taking the ball when you are receiving a pass and moving in other directions instead?

Thank you for your answer

Its better to believe EA than the truth?! ;) I am not suprised about that. I am more suprised about people who believe in EAs videos and gameplayvids from a developer and think EA have with Fifa 2008 the better gameplay.(in PES Thread there a lot of them) Maybe for some people who like good grafics und want more license...BUT not for a footballfan like me.

Like I said I'll decide when I play both for myself. But you have now officially got on my last nerve. SO GET THE FUCK OFF MY CASE YOU RETARDED PUSSY HOLE. Stop quoting me and LEAVE ME TO FUCK ALONE. FUCKING MUG.

Like I said I'll decide when I play both for myself. But you have now officially got on my last nerve. SO GET THE FUCK OFF MY CASE YOU RETARDED PUSSY HOLE. Stop quoting me and LEAVE ME TO FUCK ALONE. FUCKING MUG.

hahhhahaahahha, touchy!

For a normal pes and fifafan you are overreacting. :) Bann please!

Last edited:

It's amazing what cocks like you 2 can do to a normally mild mannered man.

The thing you don't seem to be getting is that we're not just basing our belief on the Fifa08 videos and PR releases, we're basing it on our experience playing UCL on 360, which as Jack said was a damn fine game let down by lack of teams/modes which made it get boring (a la PES' ML and having to play the same teams over and over), yes there was some room for improvement but it was a damn solid base to build from.

riccardomodena there is no super cancel in UCL, but to be honest unlike PES there are very seldom occasions when it's needed, occasionally when a pass is near the touchline and you try to grab it before it goes out, but there's actually an anim in UCL where the player will try to slide to keep the ball in, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, it's football ;)

Back
Top Bottom