FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

i know how shooting feels in fifa. i played all 360 parts so far. while it feels pretty natural and okay in the current gen versions (pc, ps2) which i played aswell i think it feels totally unrealistic in the 360 version.
and from what i am seeing in the movies it looks the same again, which makes me think it feels the same aswell. so why shouldn't i judge?

btw i wouldn't really call myself a pes fanboy, i haven't posted a single word about 2008 so far and i am not too impressed either but still the TARGET of a FOOTBALLGAME is captured 1000x better in pes: scoring a goal. look at the nets, look at the shooting animation etc. it just feels (by the looks of what we've seen so far!) more life-like, unlike fifa.

To be fair I wasn't really directing it at you, you at least try to bring some reasoning behind your points, even though I don't agree on some that is fine. To me in the vids the shooting looks improved, I admit and you can read my previous posts, one of my main gripes with FIFA is the shooting, in too many instances it doesn't feel right, but it looks better to me now and I'm really hoping it is.

...and i am sick of to hear every year that fifa is getting better..more than about 8 years...and every year the same shit.Thats why i writing off Fifa! ..and i am also sick of people who belive in all this new fifa features.

OH shut up idiot. The fact is IT IS getting better, what's wrong with admitting that? Until last year it was light years behind PES but slowly and surely they have caught up. And 08' may and I say MAY be the year it surpasses PES.

if it feels better ingame (maybe i am really not good ad judging from videos) i am perfectly fine with it! would be a great game then. i admitted i really like the look of the "game" itself, the passing, the way the players make their runs, now if they could just focus a BIT more on the last details that are really important (i would even forget about wax faces and inaccurate lettering :p) this could become a real "must buy". :)

OH shut up idiot. The fact is IT IS getting better, what's wrong with admitting that? Until last year it was light years behind PES but slowly and surely they have caught up. And 08' may and I say MAY be the year it surpasses PES.

Wow what i nice argument :)

Yes its getting better but the improvments dont make fifa better than pes/to a good game. Its is easier to improve a bad game like Fifa than a good game like pes.
Furthermore EA took so many features from pes! For examaple the controlling or the manual passing.

and yes the shooting is in Fifa 2008 the same. it is to easy and the shoots looks scripted to me.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/videos/335,fifa-08-sneak-peak-1.aspx

Last edited:

Wow what i nice argument :)

Yes its getting better but the improvments dont make fifa better than pes/to a good game. Its is easier to improve a bad game like Fifa than a good game like pes.
Forthermore EA took so many features from pes! For examaple the controlling or the manual passing.

and yes the shooting is in Fifa 2008 the same. it is to easy and the shoots looks scripted to me.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/videos/335,fifa-08-sneak-peak-1.aspx
thats current gen..how many times do i've to say that...:roll:

Not suprised to see all deluded PES fanboys in here now. Now that Konami has done it again, ' released the same game, with the same engine with the same graphics and a few new animations and oh yes brilliant nets ' you now have to knock something else to make you feel better. If for one minute you suggest this is just teh same old FIFA then there really is no point discussing the issue, and to harp on about about players all being the same without even playing it really reeks of desperation and immaturity.

Yet you're doing the same against PES without playing it!

JayD massive round of applause. Im sick of people writing off FIFA without even playing it...

Yet its ok for him to write PES off without playing it?

Fifa next gen was utter crap and so was pes6 next gen.

Both of them felt really wooden when moving around and the shooting was dire on both games.

PES at least have the reason that the ISS team made the game as it always the case when a new console comes out - and the second football game konami make and onwards is made by the real PES team. In annoyed that Seabass allowed his PES name to be used when they really should have called it ISS but i guess in the world of buisness - if you slapped ISS on it everyone would turn away.

Fifa dont have any excuses - and to say 'were not going to change the on pitch mechanics because the feedback we got on the ea forums tells us the fans think its perfect' is just blind denial.

either that or the people playing the game dont know what a footie game SHOULD play like and enjoy winning 12 - 0 on world class each game.

- Fifa on the PS2/Xbox were great though. I may be alone in that feeling but i enjoyed playing fifa 07 ps2 much more than PES6 ps2.

So all i want on the next gen is that engine updated - if i know for a fact its not that engine but a tweaked next gen one then i feel im 100% within my rights to write the game off.

It's the same because you've played it right? Mate I give up. You enjoy PES, I'll enjoy both as I've done this year. See ya!

NO

its the same engine because the devs have said its the same engine

how hard is that to understand?

-

And i might enjoy pes i dont know - if they dont improve enough on pes 6 next gen then ill stick with fifa 07 PS2

thats current gen..how many times do i've to say that...:roll:

look @ the grass and players...you getting on my nervs! This is nexgen fifa 2008!

formku7.jpg

formnf9.jpg

Last edited:

what does this video show? page blocked for me...

I'm sure they'll fix that until release, if not they must be very stupid

This game looks superb. Guys you can stop trolling and talking shite now. Fifa looks excellent, the only doubt is whether players like Ronaldinho, or I dunno, Deco actually feel different from the generic players around them.

The pace of this game looks right, and everything looks a little sharper than PES. It has to play better though: shooting and goalies will make or break this game imho.

Your saying the shooting is the same, I'm saying it 'looks' improved. One is fact one is opinion.

And after looking carefully I think he may be right the Australian videos are current gen not next gen , look closely at the crowd and player faces.

NO

its the same engine because the devs have said its the same engine

how hard is that to understand?

-

And i might enjoy pes i dont know - if they dont improve enough on pes 6 next gen then ill stick with fifa 07 PS2

What are you harping on about? The devs have said they over hauled the shooting engine. That's what i'm talking about. What are you talking about?

...and i am sick of to hear every year that fifa is getting better..more than about 8 years...and every year the same shit.Thats why i writing off Fifa! ..and i am also sick of people who belive in all this new fifa features.

Simple truth is Fifa is getting better and they're progressing in the right way with each version unlike Konami who are stagnating and have been since the last couple of PES'

I like most people here discovered ISS/PES/WE after getting fed up with Fifa, I think the last Fifa I played was 01 or 02, I suddenly discovered ISS for the PS1 and was hooked, loved it through PES, PES to around PES 3/4 or the WE that came with it but slowly found myself getting tired and tired and bored and bored with the ML and the fact it was making no progression at all and the fact they weren't adding any teams at all. One day I decide to try Fifa again, Fifa 07 for PS2, and I was surprised at how playable it was, sure it wasn't perfect and wasn't as smooth as PES but the fact it had a proper career mode where I could manage my own team Sheffield Wednesday made a huge difference to me.

Then when I got a 360 I tried Fifa 07 on the 360 and despite the fact it was watered down in terms of leagues and content it played a really good game of football that I enjoyed, again yes it had some flaws but it showed that the new Fifa engine really was a new engine and it was a new engine with the right foundation and potential for improving in the right way, unlike PES' engine which had been showing its' age for a long time, and Konami had been showing their lack of interest in moving the series forward either by content or ML.

UCL 360 gameplay wise is again another good step forward over Fifa on the 360, and that was with only about 6 months development after Fifa 07. So yes it is getting better and moving forward and that's why people like me are excited about Fifa 08, it's not just because we're here to attack your precious PES that you love so much, we're football fans, gamers, we want to play the best, fullest football game and it's quite clear to me that this year that will be Fifa 08 next gen, and it seems from this and other forums that the general consensus is displeasure with PES 2008, even from many die-hard fans.

If you allow yourself to try Fifa 08 next gen with an open mind and open eyes you'll see the progression it's making, if not, well then you're just the same old blind fan boy we were all trying to convince years ago when PES was showing up Fifa.......

And I really believe they are current gen vids now. If you compare the angle on the England v Germany next gen vid it's different to this one which is the same angle as current gen FIFA 07' and also the players move a lot better in the England Germany vid as well.

Fifa 08, it's not just because we're here to attack your precious PES that you love so much, we're football fans, gamers, we want to play the best, fullest football game and it's quite clear to me that this year that will be Fifa 08 next gen,

1. look @ your signature
2. Yes its getting better but the improvments dont make fifa better than pes/to a good game. Its is easier to improve a bad game like Fifa than a good game like pes.
Furthermore EA took so many features from pes! For examaple the controlling or the manual passing.

And I really believe they are current gen vids now. If you compare the angle on the England v Germany next gen vid it's different to this one which is the same angle as current gen FIFA 07' and also the players move a lot better in the England Germany vid as well.

i am talking about the curentgen and nexgen engine not about fifa 2007!

Really can't understand what half of this argument is about, but:

1. I'm 99% certain that the Aussie footage is next gen, look at the players as they come out of the tunnel and such, far too high quality for current gen.

2. Fifa 08 next gen is using an updated version of the same engine as UCL which first saw light in Fifa 07 next gen. For Fifa 07 next gen it was a brand new engine

3. I can't remember when PES started using the engine it uses now, PES 3? Wasn't that the first one to stop using renderware? And unless someone has a link otherwise PES 6 360 and PES 2008 are using updated versions of the current gen engine rather than a built from scratch next gen engine?

1. look @ your signature
2. Yes its getting better but the improvments dont make fifa better than pes/to a good game. Its is easier to improve a bad game like Fifa than a good game like pes.
1. His signature is only a piss-take of the people who have their "PES IS FOR MEN (WITH BIG WILLYS)" signature. The day that gaming is for "real men" is the day that puppies and pink sunglasses are for "real men". There are people in some parts of the world who still have to risk their lives in a mine every day for a living, that's for "real men". A game isn't.

2. So the PESfan list of 100s of improvements, voted for by the users and never implemented (with 1000s more suggestions made over the year), aren't worth adding to the game? And we deserve the same game over and over with tiny little tweaks, the thousands of good ideas totally ignored, the ML kept the same but a more natural dribble animation included? Come on.

3. The manual passing in FIFA is natural, you can use the left-stick. In PES you have to hold down a button (or click down a button) and aim with a stick you don't otherwise use, and even then it's only 8-directional even with the analog stick, whereas on FIFA it's 360-degree. So even if they do steal from PES, they do a proper job of it.

Power, seriously, you can love PES and that's great. But you're not going to win an anti-FIFA argument in a FIFA thread. (Incidentally, I agree with you, that footage that's being called current-gen I think is next-gen - but it does say somewhere in one of the videos that it's a 50% complete version from a while ago)

Last edited:

1. look @ your signature
lifeless...

1. look @ your signature
2. Yes its getting better but the improvments dont make fifa better than pes/to a good game. Its is easier to improve a bad game like Fifa than a good game like pes. Furthermore EA took so many features from pes! For examaple the controlling or the manual passing.
As far as this year is concerned ,no one can say that FIFA 08 is better than PES2008 (or the opposite) yet because we have to fully played them both .All we can make are hypothesis for now.

There is nothing wrong with copying features from other game as long as they're good (i mean the features) and PES' manual passing is really crap (Football Kingdom rules!!!) .

There is absolutely nothing with wanting to have the best games as possible.

... 3. The manual passing in FIFA is natural, you can use the left-stick. In PES you have to hold down a button (or click down a button) and aim, and it's still only 8-directional even with the analog stick, whereas on FIFA it's 360-degree. So even if they do steal from PES, they do a proper job of it.

Power, seriously, you can love PES and that's great. But you're not going to win an anti-FIFA argument in a FIFA thread. (Incidentally, I agree with you, that footage that's being called current-gen I think is next-gen - but it does say somewhere in one of the videos that it's a 50% complete version from a while ago)

not quite right:
you can customize the control scheme in PES (highly recommended -> crossing mode 5, manual passing, chipping)
I can do manual passing with just moving the right analogue stick -> low, and with L2 -> high

i am talking about the curentgen and nexgen engine not about fifa 2007!

Maybe the language barrier is too much I give up.

The videos are of the current gen FIFA 08'

NOT Next gen FIFA 08'.

I gave the reasons for this in my last post.

1. look @ your signature

My signature that's a tongue in cheek play on the signature the other guy has saying "Men play PES, boys play Fifa", are you really that obsessed with your PES love you can't read a joke when it's in front of you? ;)

In your opinion, in mine Fifa next gen is better than PES next gen, Fifa has a better looking game engine, it has more modes, more leagues, more licenses, better presentation, it has very good gameplay that I personally really like, has Sheffield Wednesday and manager mode (which is the team I want to use and the mode I would play most).

PES 2008 next gen from what I can see looks current gen, plays too fast and arcadey, pitch is too big, lacks licenses, modes, has extremely shallow Master League (which is the mode I would play most). As I said, all my opinion, but you have to attack people for having a different opinion, why?

PES was the first game to have manual passing?

Games take/borrow/steal/pay homage to other games feature wise all the time, PES simulates football, didn't it take it's features from football? Fifa is doing the same, if it took something from Fifa then that is the business, perhaps if PES had taken some stuff from Fifa such as the impressive presentation or fantastic commentary the PES series wouldn't have stagnated as much as it has done (in my opinion*)

*Before you get upset again and call me names and such ;)

Last edited:

Maybe the language barrier is too much I give up.

The videos are of the current gen FIFA 08'

NOT Next gen FIFA 08'.

I gave the reasons for this in my last post.

But currentgen fifa does not have 3D Grass!

1. I'm 99% certain that the Aussie footage is next gen, look at the players as they come out of the tunnel and such, far too high quality for current gen.
http://au.fourfourtwo.com/videos/334,fifa-08--aleague--melb-v-sydney.aspx

formku7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom