FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

glad i am not the only one who thinks that way.

and now don't tell me "that's an early beta". early beta for the past 12 years my ass!

I'm still hoping that they are working on the ULTIMATIVE nets which even shit on the new PES2008 nets and put them into the game last minute ;) :D

not really though :(

despite that, the game could be very good. shooting looks improved

i really don't want to say everything is bad, but i thin especially what i mengioned is missing to the "complete" feeling of a good football simulation.

oh btw that new video posted

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/98114.html

it's clearly sunshine. why do the players have 4 shadows like it is a night match? also the shadow doesn't change when going from the sunny parts of the pitch to the shadowed area. pretty strange.

i really don't want to say everything is bad, but i thin especially what i mengioned is missing to the "complete" feeling of a good football simulation.

it's clearly sunshine. why do the players have 4 shadows like it is a night match? also the shadow doesn't change when going from the sunny parts of the pitch to the shadowed area. pretty strange.

what does this video show? page blocked for me...

I'm sure they'll fix that until release, if not they must be very stupid

that can be easily corrected until the final build

Maybe a really stupid question .In their quest to have 11v11 online games ,do they realise that nobody would wanna be keeper ?
If they fix controls response,shooting (it looks improved ),defending then FIFA might win it this year.
On UCL and FIFA07 defending was really akward so hopefully this time it'll be better

we can't tell if it is true, demo coming september and also a lot more videos from GC following i am sure.

we'll see about the nets at least ;)

thanks m8

i still think the ball hitting the post and also the player stumbling looks too "light" not enough energy or weight behind both. just not really as correct in a physical way as it does in pes, in my opinion.

The latest vid from OPM (thanks!) encourages me even more:

The skills don't always come off as we hoped they wouldn't.
The gameplay looks very fluid.
The AI of the players off the ball is excellent - they're making exactly the type of runs you would expect.
When the skills do come off (Beckham on the right wing just over half way through) they look good - not too "Harlem Globe Trotters" (as someone said yesterday).

Oh bring it on!

Last edited:

yes the gameplay looks fluid and pretty good (love how the not involved players just walk there way in a slow pace, very realistic), but without a solid "i just scored that cracker"-feeling the whole game will be shit again. i enjoyed the gameplay mechanics in 07 but i hated to score a goal cause it allways felt scripted and the same.
just saw the new movies. still a black screen after scoring the goal. still heavy-metal nets. stll that same old feeling. i allready hate it. :(

100% agree! The passes,shoots,crosses....are all scripted.

Another thing that i hate in fifa is the there are no difference between the player stats. In PES you can run with Martins or Henry and you feel his speed and acceleration in compare to viduka who have more body balance. In fifa i feel no difference between Henry and Trezegeut. I dont feel the better technic(Zidane) of a player or the better (long) pass ability and so on....

...and the videos shows the same game like fifa 2005-2007. It looks great but dont have a realistic gameplayfeeling.

yeah very impresive by looking at the last vid (nice spot about the playrs shadows OPM i hope they ll fix that) what i liked the most, is how the players move off the ball, trying to find space in very realisticly way, it was like if u where watching a real match judging it from the players movments, only the demo will give as the full idea how this game ll be like.
me personaly i can't wait to try it

Another thing that i hate in fifa is the there are no difference between the player stats. In PES you can run with Martins or Henry and you feel his speed and acceleration in compare to viduka who have more body balance. In fifa i feel no difference between Henry and Trezegeut. I dont feel the better technic(Zidane) of a player or the better (long) pass ability and so on....

...and the videos shows the same game like fifa 2005-2007. It looks great but dont have a realistic gameplayfeeling.

i absolutly agree with u there, the players states where never good in fifa games, that is one of the many reasens why i prefer pes over fifa, players states are very iportant, thats what seperate the game from football to football sim;)
but in we ll have to wait & see, if ea tock the time, and finally worked on the players states, the chances are 75% the didn't, but i hope i am wrong

you're absolutely right about the stats but I can't agree about the scripting. If you turn off passing assistance you have full manual control.

Not suprised to see all deluded PES fanboys in here now. Now that Konami has done it again, ' released the same game, with the same engine with the same graphics and a few new animations and oh yes brilliant nets ' you now have to knock something else to make you feel better. If for one minute you suggest this is just teh same old FIFA then there really is no point discussing the issue, and to harp on about about players all being the same without even playing it really reeks of desperation and immaturity.

JayD massive round of applause. Im sick of people writing off FIFA without even playing it...

Yeah, my limited experience with FIFA in recent years led me to realise that stats differences were not particularly apparent when in action.

However, the problem with stats in PES is the way that they get completely over-ridden when the gameplay engine starts trying to simulate intangibles like urgency, probability, mentality, luck. One minute you're playing fine, everythings "normal", then the cpu cheats kick in, the stats become meaningless and you're playing a different game altogether. It's so inconsistent and I'm frankly sick of the smothering effect of the cpu cheats. Worse still when the cpu then starts to control you guys. It's horrible. Give me bland consistency over horrible any day.

I look at the number of people moaning about cpu cheats in PES thesedays, the rage they feel, the lack of enjoyment from the game. I can live without these negative feelings. They're completely the wrong feelings for a game to engender. One positive thing I've felt with FIFA was no cpu cheats.

I'll be giving FIFA a thorough play this year so it will be interesting what annoyances emerge.

Although it isn't that clear but it does look sweet somehow :8): Thanks TG

Looks bloody sweet and the shooting looks improved, that looked like a real goal. \\:o/\\:o/:applause::applause:

Arghhh, my hopes are getting raised way too high now. I have to delete Evo-Web from my favourites and play Bioshock until September 28th...

To the people worried about the nets:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/videos/335,fifa-08-sneak-peak-1.aspx

They seem to move quite acceptably for the rocket unleashed in the vid....?

EDIT - crunching but fair tackles seem to be accepted by the refs too :-)

Personally think the nets look crap in that video - FIFA never has good nets - but there are so many more important things to concentrate on.

Like untucked shirts.

Looking at them videos!! I love the look of it. Yes they aint clear but from what I can see it looks great! Cant wait to play the DEMO... yes EA thats the DEMO....Can we have the DEMO yet?

i know how shooting feels in fifa. i played all 360 parts so far. while it feels pretty natural and okay in the current gen versions (pc, ps2) which i played aswell i think it feels totally unrealistic in the 360 version.
and from what i am seeing in the movies it looks the same again, which makes me think it feels the same aswell. so why shouldn't i judge?

btw i wouldn't really call myself a pes fanboy, i haven't posted a single word about 2008 so far and i am not too impressed either but still the TARGET of a FOOTBALLGAME is captured 1000x better in pes: scoring a goal. look at the nets, look at the shooting animation etc. it just feels (by the looks of what we've seen so far!) more life-like, unlike fifa.

I'm not one who is dissapointed with PES tbh. I still think it is good, not perfect obviously. Fifa on the other hand are looking good this year (looking at them videos) but i'm still skeptic about the gameplay; how it would 'feel' when i'm playing it. Like i said before, i hope the shooting and heading are fixed this time around plus a better AI then surely i'll be playing enjoying Fifa.

PES 2008, tbh, to me looks like it is the 'complete' version of PES6. Some things were improved and some others still the same. In other words, it is like PES6 was the beta version of PES 2008. That's the impression i got.

JayD massive round of applause. Im sick of people writing off FIFA without even playing it...

...and i am sick of to hear every year that fifa is getting better..more than about 8 years...and every year the same shit.Thats why i writing off Fifa! ..and i am also sick of people who belive in all this new fifa features.

Back
Top Bottom