FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Enjoyed the press conference video.

Just wondering what Konami will say in their press conference.

They dont have much thats really new that is in the Next Gen version.

i hope the gameplay is good.

i can't wait to play this.

5v5 online! wooo.

FIFA, EA and PS3 get together and hump one another. They're going to be presenting partners for the FIFA Interactive World Cup, which is the thing Microsoft used to do before Sony had a PS3.

Um that video is worth a thousand words. Players look right are more upright etc. Shooting at goal worries me but the trick moves is WAY MORE than i EVER thought it would be it feel almost organic the way they are pulled off. Ronaldhino moving with the tricks is almost surreal.

Looks VERy Football Kingdom ish which is COOL

tbh watching gameplay for both pes2008 and fifa08 on ps3 and 360 imo fifa08 is better and i thought id never say that

As little as you may use them, the skill moves look absolutely insane. Can somebody possibly chop out that segment nd upload to YouTube or something please?

I think the crosses look a lot better than in '07, where they don't spin ridiculously all the time.

The new Tiger Woods has a face mapping feature, does anyone know if this'll be in FIFA?

Last edited:

As little as you may use them, the skill moves look absolutely insane. Can somebody possibly chop out that segment nd upload to YouTube or something please?

I think the crosses look a lot better than in '07, where they don't spin ridiculously all the time.

The new Tiger Woods has a face mapping feature, does anyone know if this'll be in FIFA?

yeh the core gameplay looks well improved as u say the crosses look alot better not so floaty but with bit of pace and wait and the passing looks better tbh im impressed more with fifa08 this year than proevo

Such a big difference in the gameplay view between pes and fifa. Whereas pes looks like a ps2 game with a lick of paint that still has all the old animations fifa looks very realistic. All the movements look spot on, making them stand upright is far better (even ronaldinho looked "long" in the tricks vid). Dont know how recognisable the players will be, or how good the shooting/crossing is, but its given me a positive impression. And with the added leagues and options looks like it could be a really good game. PES on the other hand just seems to be the same and pretty crappy tbh.

The video from rapidshare doesn't work for me, it reads it as an audio file, am I doing something wrong? Someone please help me I would like to see it! :D

I think the largest part of this version for next gen is the 30 leagues and manager mode, takes a lot of time and energy to implement all that I'd guess.....

whoa whoa whoa hey mr hypocrite, i thought you said that was easy and that konami sucks for not doing it because it is so easy, you are a PR guy arent you?

I'm looking forward to FIFA more than PES this year. That's not to say I expect FIFA to play a better football match (although it might), more that I know exactly what to expect from PES. It's clear from all reviews (and videos which look like exactly PES6) that PES2008 plays like PES6 but with added smoothness, which means it's PES6 ported to PS3, and PES6 was the most disappointing PES game to date.

I've not played FIFA07 next-gen with manual passing, but that, along with the other innovations in FIFA08, sound reasonably exciting. That said, there's probably an element of "grasping at straws" trying to find anything new in this years' games and after giving up on PES, which has clearly got lost in a time-warp in 2004, I find my attention switching to FIFA as the game that offers the only hope of a new and interesting football gaming experience.

Last edited:

fifas getting better pes staying stale until konami gets a new engine but thatl never happen

fifa-soccer-08-20070822032925469.jpg

fifa-soccer-08-20070822032926313.jpg

whoa whoa whoa hey mr hypocrite, i thought you said that was easy and that konami sucks for not doing it because it is so easy, you are a PR guy arent you?

What's easy and what's time consuming are sometimes both and the same.

What a sad little man you are if you're really so desperate to try to find something to validate your fanboy love of PES.....

Poor faces? click the resized version. it looks amazing!!!!

Im delighted about the current situation. Im buying both pes2008 and fifa 08 on my ps3.

Well spotted daz so they do. great news.

The player models still dnt look right to me for some reason...ARRRGGHHHH!! this was one of the major reasons why i stopped playing 07 altogether and partly so UCL.. :mad:,... on the flip side tho, it looks alright in that conference vid during gameplay (wide cam), so please God, here's hoping it wont spoil my experience. i just cant imagine myself not playing that "be a pro" mode, i'll never forgive myself. beause its by far the most exciting thing (obviously along with the tricks and intuitive AI tweak they'v implied) that i think this games will offer me personally... looking foward to the new season, oh and heres to being PFA player of the season and ultimately a legend online, jst dnt let me play defence :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom