FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Thanks for posting this dude. ^^^

- nice graphics, good presentation (ok, let's forget about the warm up)
- passing, ball physics seem to be improved
- skill animations (Ronnie in arena) MUCH too fast
- no goal, net/keeper animations are shown in the presentation !!!

Nice summary, with which I agree.

Also noted, no skills were actually used in the in-game footage.....

i think it looks the same and that guy is talking exactly the same "innovative" stuff they told is with fifa 07. not that it isn't good but hell, what is new other than the tricks and the be a pro mode? i knew about the players making decisions, the rewritten engine and everything.

can't see much of a difference in the overall game.

I think the largest part of this version for next gen is the 30 leagues and manager mode, takes a lot of time and energy to implement all that I'd guess.....

To be fair you don't get to see much of the game and don't really get a feel for how it plays, but the inclsuion of tricks alone should open up a lot and is definatly a big step compared to PES.

Comparing video's to eachother has its restrictions but from what i have seen so far the gameplay of Fifa08 is looking better then the PES08 gameplay. With better I mean smarter AI and a more realistic overall feel. (expect for the points i mentioned before(the goals, keepers and player models).

if anyone can load the press conference on youtube that'd be great.
i know the quality dies a little but i can only stream the vid from where i am now

Just saw the video and the gameplay looks great!! I just want to see if the shooting is fixed because it has always been the weak point in the series. I think this year fifa has potential:)

I liked the news the guy gave us, and the tricks looked impressive.

But the Eng vs Ger match looked EXACTLY the same as UEFA CL 06-07!

I think uefa cl gameplay was a step in the right direction for fifa, it was not top notch gameplay but if they fix the malfunctions and give the game some real feeling and proper shooting i will be really happy.

i know they anounced that they were gonna release an update to allow 5vs5 online in the be a pro mode, but have they anounced what the imediate online options are for the normal game mode in next gen? 1vs1 still or 2vs2?

Just watched the video... It looks very similar, which is a bastard.

The way he describes being able to switch style just by playing in the style you want excites me though. And the skills stuff makes me laugh my head off (for the rainbow flick, you have to first flick the ball onto your heel, and THEN flick it over your head - love it :D It's so organic that you can put together whatever moves you want).

Plus the Be A Pro mode beats the shit out of Konami's Fantasista. From the feedback you get to the camera that actually lets you see what you're doing.

Last edited:

The passing seemed kind of slow, the actual speed of the ball. For FIFA07 and UCL players, is always like that, or can you pass slower or faster?

Seems a lot like the previous games except for tricks and game modes.

Edit: I say this with hope that I'll actually enjoy the game...

Last edited:

Maybe both Next Gen Footie games are set to disapoint us this year?

I'm still not sold on the way the players pass the ball, the skills are very impressive though.

At the end of the day both pes and fifa will be the best football games to come out to date on any system.

looks like it plays fairly decently, possibly could do with speeding up general play just a smidgeon. But the decent effect is ruined by the animations, honestly it's just annoying.

Well I'm waiting NBA 2K8 ,what a shame 2K sports aren't interested in doing some football game

Back
Top Bottom