FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

:) just reporting what I read on another site Placebo.... bellend :)

I am not flaming you I am just saying lets not make a stupid argument in an otherwise ok thread thus far!. I seriously hope EA dont let us down. I wont be happy if it turns out to be FIFA 07 with slight tweaks, still the same Dodgy Goalies or Super Goalies and substitutes coming on with Dirty Shorts!!!

If EA sports have any sense they will release tons of pics of Fifa 08 showing big teams with officially licensed kits on them
as a pre-emptive strike against Konami.

I would even go further and attack the rivals by showing their game with the tagline:

Liverpool fans: does your team look like this?

I am not flaming you I am just saying lets not make a stupid argument in an otherwise ok thread thus far!. I seriously hope EA dont let us down. I wont be happy if it turns out to be FIFA 07 with slight tweaks, still the same Dodgy Goalies or Super Goalies and substitutes coming on with Dirty Shorts!!!

The dirty shorts annoy me too - and how about the throw in's where if you keep following where the CPU is planning to throw then it just keeps going back and forth indefinatley until you let them off and allow them to take the thrown in un-marked?!!!

If EA sports have any sense they will release tons of pics of Fifa 08 showing big teams with officially licensed kits on them
as a pre-emptive strike against Konami.

I would even go further and attack the rivals by showing their game with the tagline:

Liverpool fans: does your team look like this?

Lol - yeah great idea.

They could even go further to the point of saying something like:

"What do you want this year? : Merseyside Red versus North London OR do you want a proper game of "Liverpool versus Arsenal"?"

Last edited:

They did this in France for Fifa 2003..There was an ad in newspapers saying....play with Roberto Carlos and not Roberto Larcos....

guys got to check the fifa08 xox360 video tricks on gametrails, i must say it looks amazing
soory for not giving a direct link as i don't know how to
i hope u ll like it as much as i did

Copy and paste from your address bar and use a code like this...

(URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23802.html?type=flv")Direct Link(/URL)

Just replace ( and ) with [ and ].

Is that what you mean?

Looks good! The moves that is, the amount you can do...

Looks like the ball is stuck to players foot, not seperate from the foot at all, looks like ball is like part of animation with the player, looks like it just goes where it has to go, rather than move realistic, and again same old same old, looks like the tricks can be performed by EVERYONE, be great seeing the likes of Ribery doing the skills Ronaldinho can do, especially in match, maybe alone in the backgarden not onfield...

But still liking the moves :)

Also noticed, some of the shots passes the feet look positioned wrong and I woulnt think the ball would travel in the direction their foot is positioned mainly when Ronaldinho does the cross near end for the guy to shoot and score, and also the chest looks dodgy, he recieves it from that angle and controls it the way he did, and it just bumps up in the air a little and down perfectly, no way! well I dont think it would anyway, the animation when he is running at the player looks amazing though, and lastly the start with Ronaldinho showing off the skill, when he does the drag ball round thing, look middle pic at foot, doesnt even touch the ball... the ball moves akwardly, when the first guy stops it, it stops weird doesnt look right, personally the ball needs sorting out! Doesnt flow properly, thats my opinion anyway, gonna try this game out though, if only for the skills :P

Last edited:

Looks good! The moves that is, the amount you can do...

Looks like the ball is stuck to players foot, not seperate from the foot at all, looks like ball is like part of animation with the player, looks like it just goes where it has to go, rather than move realistic, and again same old same old, looks like the tricks can be performed by EVERYONE, be great seeing the likes of Ribery doing the skills Ronaldinho can do, especially in match, maybe alone in the backgarden not onfield...

But still liking the moves :)

Also noticed, some of the shots passes the feet look positioned wrong and I woulnt think the ball would travel in the direction their foot is positioned mainly when Ronaldinho does the cross near end for the guy to shoot and score, and also the chest looks dodgy, he recieves it from that angle and controls it the way he did, and it just bumps up in the air a little and down perfectly, no way! well I dont think it would anyway, the animation when he is running at the player looks amazing though, and lastly the start with Ronaldinho showing off the skill, when he does the drag ball round thing, look middle pic at foot, doesnt even touch the ball... the ball moves akwardly, when the first guy stops it, it stops weird doesnt look right, personally the ball needs sorting out! Doesnt flow properly, thats my opinion anyway, gonna try this game out though, if only for the skills :P

That's what worries me a lot ,tricks being made by a lot of players .I just hope it doesn't turn out to be 100% efficiency on these dribbles.Like they would work all the time even for Ronaldinho,I mean some of the dribbles are crazy and I've never seen him performing them :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Let's hope it doesn't return FIFA to its arcardey dribbling system which is bloody awful

I have to say, the tricks look freakin cool, and looks fun to be able to do them while playing, but something I never liked about FIFA, that I still see it, their animations seem "exaggerated".

EA confirmed that only appropriate players can pull off the tricks which if true is of course great news, hopefully when you try to do a trick with Gary Neville or Lee Carsley et al he should fall on his arse and the crowd laughs at him, kinda like David Dunne at Birmingham when he tried to do the drag back or whatever it was, funny as fuck that, even his manager laughed at him :)

could someone do me a favour and upload this latest video elsewhere?

I'm at work at the moment (and for the whole day) and can't access gametrailers :(
Would be very nice :)

And we've seen a number of those and similar tricks in the EPL which out of the top 3 world leagues (top 3 IMO being EPL, Serie A & La Liga) EPL is the least technically skilful, so I don't think having them in the game is in any way unrealistic.......

And we've seen a number of those and similar tricks in the EPL which out of the top 3 world leagues (top 3 IMO being EPL, Serie A & La Liga) EPL is the least technically skilful, so I don't think having them in the game is in any way unrealistic.......

I think so... but as already said, players with average technic should not be able to pull of spectacular tricks, only simple things like stepovers for example

but I think with the skill in my right thumb it will be a bit random which trick I will pull of, the controls for the different tricks look pretty similiar to me.

can't wait to knock down my friends when they try to fool me :D

I was expecting allot from 08. But it seems I have to tone down my expectations a bit. The ball is not completely free, as you can tell when Ronaldhino is chesting it down. And something still seems off, but I cant tell if its the fat players with the big pants, the strange keeper reactions or the ugly goal posts and net reactions. These have been issues for years I thought they really understood them this time. Its unbelievable how they can fool me every year again.

The tricks look cool and will probably feel very natural pulling them off.
And the passing game seems to be improved allot to. I love it when some Real Madrid players are passing it around in the clip. The animations look very good.

Back
Top Bottom