FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

It also begs the question to Konami.. why do you use Robots to simulate the movement for PES.... well in particular for Our Players... CPU Players are brilliantly quick.

another thread that has turned into a handbags thread.

boring.

the lack of news in the PES part of the forums leads to a lot of bitching, it happens every year (Now it appears to have spread down here)

All the stuff that's coming out about PES makes me think "what's new", all the stuff coming out about FIFA fills me with positivity. But I think that's down to the fact I've been disappointed with PES for years, rather than the fact that it's actually disappointing news (everything being said about the gameplay is great).

As soon as I saw that Malouda trick in the last FIFA video though... Man oh man, I can't wait to do that.

All the stuff that's coming out about PES makes me think "what's new", all the stuff coming out about FIFA fills me with positivity. But I think that's down to the fact I've been disappointed with PES for years, rather than the fact that it's actually disappointing news (everything being said about the gameplay is great).

As soon as I saw that Malouda trick in the last FIFA video though... Man oh man, I can't wait to do that.

i hope you don't get too optimistic and come crashing down to earth if they can't make their promises come true.

i seriously can't wait until next week when i get my hands on experience with both footy games.

i hope you don't get too optimistic and come crashing down to earth if they can't make their promises come true.
Unfortunately, you're right, I should be more realistic. But my "contact" (i.e. friend) has had time with both and says it's really hard to seperate them. What one gets wrong the other gets right (the gameplay is apparently fantastic in both but each with its own little failures). All of the guys in his department are apparently going to buy both this year - and 80% of those guys are PES fanboys with a capital F. So it's sounding good, but then it's how they compare after a month of play that will decide the ultimate victor, I suppose.

i seriously can't wait until next week when i get my hands on experience with both footy games.
I'm gutted really, I should have got tickets for Leipzig. But oh well, it's only a month or so until FIFA and then PES. It's my sister's wedding first though... *Shudder*

When do PES and FIFA come out?
PES is 5th October, FIFA is 28th September.

Last edited:

So PES is already going to lose out on sales due to everyone buying FIFA (sorta like 360 and PS3 where when the PS3 came out, everyone already had a 360 so passed on the PS3). Bad move by Konami there. I think already FIFA sells a bucketload, and it will pull a huge amount of people from PES after it's strong performance in 07 with FIFA and UEFA CL. Konami are onto more of a losing battle here than they might realise.

It will be ridiculous if you will be able to do tricks with people like Gary Neville but I can just see people online start doing it with everyone.

So PES is already going to lose out on sales due to everyone buying FIFA (sorta like 360 and PS3 where when the PS3 came out, everyone already had a 360 so passed on the PS3). Bad move by Konami there. I think already FIFA sells a bucketload, and it will pull a huge amount of people from PES after it's strong performance in 07 with FIFA and UEFA CL. Konami are onto more of a losing battle here than they might realise.
A few people have said that. I hope it opens a few peoples' eyes to be honest - I can understand people who have played FIFA 07 and didn't like it, but every person I know who hasn't played it sees it as "gay", and thinks that if they touch it they will turn into a raving homo and start wearing pink cowboy boots. People think it's the same as it's always been and the truth is that it's not. The team that they had working on FIFA 07 loved football and they did some incredible things with it. It still had too many bugs to be considered a number one game, but it was a massive, massive step in the right direction (especially for a company like EA).

I hope more people start to realise that the battle between FIFA and PES is getting closer and closer.

It will be ridiculous if you will be able to do tricks with people like Gary Neville but I can just see people online start doing it with everyone.
Noted, there was an article months ago in Official PlayStation Magazine where they said it's practically impossible to do a trick with Gary Neville. So you don't have to worry about that.

It's things like the through-ball "cheat" that worry me...

Last edited:

you mean people like senderos right? ;)

Lool, when they are warmup , they are not so many people on the stadium , thats cool BUT, warming up in there match shirts :(

i dont understand when people moan about things like this

they have no effects on the gameplay so who cares?

I have just looked at the current gen fifa and saw this

"Be A Pro: Co-op Season — Take on the role of a professional footballer, create your own player and test yourself in one position for an entire season. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team, but compete with those same friends on individual challenges. All performances are tracked through detailed statistics to determine who really is a pro."

so that is what konami were trying to do with fantasisa but why have EA and konami took it out of of the next gen versions?

thats easily the best mode konami have made, havnt tried fifas but i can guess it would be better (ie more in depth). i guess ill be playing current gen fifa for a bit then

Didn't someone in the thread earlier confirm it would be in next-gen also?

i dont understand when people moan about things like this

they have no effects on the gameplay so who cares?

Except that for most of the people who are fan of FIFA it's always been more about presentation than gameplay (this isn't a criticisim ;) ).
I agree JB ,too many people think that FIFA stinks without even playing it and that is so wrong.If PES2008 and FIFA08 can improve on respective previous games then everyone should be happy

I have just looked at the current gen fifa and saw this

"Be A Pro: Co-op Season — Take on the role of a professional footballer, create your own player and test yourself in one position for an entire season. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team, but compete with those same friends on individual challenges. All performances are tracked through detailed statistics to determine who really is a pro."

so that is what konami were trying to do with fantasisa but why have EA and konami took it out of of the next gen versions?

thats easily the best mode konami have made, havnt tried fifas but i can guess it would be better (ie more in depth). i guess ill be playing current gen fifa for a bit then

Didn't someone in the thread earlier confirm it would be in next-gen also?
It is in next-gen.

...There's limitations though.

Current-Gen Be A Pro: Four seasons with an analysis at the end.
Next-Gen Be A Pro: Friendlies only with an analysis after each match.

They want the AI to be perfect on next-gen and not rushed - they've reached the limitations on the PS2 so all they do is create a player-cam and boom, it's a "new game mode" - but the next-gen version is going to be more in-depth, when they have the time to work on it (they've concentrated on the core game elements this year, which is what they should be doing). They've said that this year's Be A Pro on next-gen is just a "look into the future" and not a proper gamemode, but next year's version will have a full and proper version, and probably even a multiplayer version (they say they want to get 11 v 11 online within the next few years). Friendlies is better than nothing when you've got ten minutes to kill.

Besides, Coopz, you say all that matters is the gameplay and then you say you're going to play a worse game for Be A Pro... :eh:

Admittedly it's a great feature but I wouldn't play a worse game for it. There's some good stuff in LMA Manager but I can't stand more than half a season before I'm back on Football Manager.

Last edited:

PES is 5th October, FIFA is 28th September.

Mr Jack Bauer, is that a typo or is PES2008 coming out on my birthday October 5th, and not Oct 26th as previously thought?

-btw, I'm looking forward to Fifa this year too. In high def, unlicensed clubs and kits will look abominable on PES, so until a decent option file is available, Fifa has a USP. That's providing the basic game engine plays well! I'm a massive pes fan but would reluctantlay admit Manager mode on Fifa is better than the masterleague, and pictures of old men on benches, and guys in Pubs aint gonna change that. However, I still think Seabass and his team have some tricks up there sleeve, and a deeper understanding of actual football than EA. Prediction is a score draw for this round, with the result going to penalties!

Besides, Coopz, you say all that matters is the gameplay and then you say you're going to play a worse game for Be A Pro... :eh:

Who said its a worse game?

Current gen fifa is far better than the shitty next gen one, so in my opinion im not playing a game that is worse

Mr Jack Bauer, is that a typo or is PES2008 coming out on my birthday October 5th, and not Oct 26th as previously thought?

-btw, I'm looking forward to Fifa this year too. In high def, unlicensed clubs and kits will look abominable on PES, so until a decent option file is available, Fifa has a USP. That's providing the basic game engine plays well! I'm a massive pes fan but would reluctantlay admit Manager mode on Fifa is better than the masterleague, and pictures of old men on benches, and guys in Pubs aint gonna change that. However, I still think Seabass and his team have some tricks up there sleeve, and a deeper understanding of actual football than EA. Prediction is a score draw for this round, with the result going to penalties!

the october 5th date was only at www.gameplay.com

other sites say october 26th.

i still believe that FIFA 08 will be disappointing. Too clumsy gameplay and bad dribbling.

Current gen fifa is far better than the shitty next gen one, so in my opinion im not playing a game that is worse
Totally completely and utterly disagree but fair enough.

the october 5th date was only at www.gameplay.com

other sites say october 26th.
Yeah, sorry Lionel. I always use Gameplay for release dates, they're usually quite reliable, and they say 5th October - so who knows, they may be right. But I notice they also say Tiger Woods 08 is out on 31st August whereas other sites say the middle of September...

i feel the same, the gameplay will never be good on fifa, it wont even get close to pro evo gameplay
Im sure PES will be the same Robotic Stiff Fully AI Assisted Gameplay.... The CPU will decide where everything goes, including bullshit deflections.. I am sure ill get flamed for this but people always slag off FIFA ONLY down to past versions of the game.

Im sure PES will be the same Robotic Stiff Fully AI Assisted Gameplay.... The CPU will decide where everything goes, including bullshit deflections.. I am sure ill get flamed for this but people always slag off FIFA ONLY down to past versions of the game.

but you are slagging off PES down to the past versions of the game as well. ??

btw not starting an arguement, just making a point.

I think the main thing for online gamers, is that they really need to sort out this quitting before the first 25 mins crap.

Seriously.

And ban all mexicans.

but you are slagging off PES down to the past versions of the game as well. ??

btw not starting an arguement, just making a point.
Yes mate, point taken and no worries mate. I know you dont just post to start arguments and yes im doing the same as others based on PES6... :)

Yes mate, point taken and no worries mate. I know you dont just post to start arguments and yes im doing the same as others based on PES6... :)

i think we can discuss all we want after we play both games.

then we can have a slagfest. :)

Back
Top Bottom