FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

I am really looking forward to FIFA this year it looks excellent, the only potential problem is that the other EA Sports games (Madden 08, NHL 08 et al.) are all running at 30fps on the PS3 and 60fps on the 360, because of this Madden 2008 looks and plays better on the 360:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23508.html

If this is the case with FIFA 08 then I shan't be purchasing it.

That's bad news :( Let's hope it's not be the same with FIFA 08. (For me not a problem, because I have both, but it's bad news anyway)

i dnt think fifa08 will change there gmeplay coz fifa 07 n uefa hav the same gameplay and there gameplay is 2 slow and its hard 2 beat a defender and its like they kno were your gonna go so you cnt send them the wrong way and its hard 2 takle with out slide takling on fifa07 n uefa

After translating your comments into English I deduced you're talking cock, Fifa 07 and UEFA on the 360 do not have the same gameplay and it's not all that hard to beat a defender, I did it all the time when playing UCL 360.

Tackling is another thing that's not particularly difficult, if you use your brain and time the tackles correctly, if you fly around randomly pressing the slide button then yes tackling is difficult, but only people who talk cock tackle that way.

After translating your comments into English I deduced you're talking cock, Fifa 07 and UEFA on the 360 do not have the same gameplay and it's not all that hard to beat a defender, I did it all the time when playing UCL 360.

Tackling is another thing that's not particularly difficult, if you use your brain and time the tackles correctly, if you fly around randomly pressing the slide button then yes tackling is difficult, but only people who talk cock tackle that way.

:lmao:

dkid for one thing your post gave me a headache to read.... all this coz n uefa hav and shit.....! Also FIFA 07 and UEFA CL DONT play the same, there are some subtle differences and they make UEFA CL better than FIFA 07.

This is from the Eurogamer interview on 01/06/07.

Eurogamer: The generic boring interview question about PS3 development versus 360. Any comment to make about it?

Joe Booth
: It's almost like people have been very anti-PS3 in the media. I don't think it's as bad as we've made out as developers. What I think it is, is it's just expensive. We've had a huge investment. I don't think we've added any 360-specific rendering features this cycle. Certainly the visuals have got better through better use of the technology, but it's all been about optimising and making it work for the PS3. So we hit 60 frames-per-second about a month ago, about five months out from launch. Which is actually three months ahead of the engine last year. So we didn't hit it on 360 until two months out from launch. And that's only because we started so early on it and we put in so much investment, and we had a really early milestone; 'we have to get to 60fps on PS3', and they kept missing that so they couldn't do all these fancy rendering things on top. The other side of it was that we always had the PS3 in mind. We understood the architecture from day one as we were rebuilding the gameplay systems. So we always had that distributed processing architecture in mind for these systems.

Last edited:

This is from the Eurogamer interview on 01/06/07.

Eurogamer: The generic boring interview question about PS3 development versus 360. Any comment to make about it?

Joe Booth
: It's almost like people have been very anti-PS3 in the media. I don't think it's as bad as we've made out as developers. What I think it is, is it's just expensive. We've had a huge investment. I don't think we've added any 360-specific rendering features this cycle. Certainly the visuals have got better through better use of the technology, but it's all been about optimising and making it work for the PS3. So we hit 60 frames-per-second about a month ago, about five months out from launch. Which is actually three months ahead of the engine last year. So we didn't hit it on 360 until two months out from launch. And that's only because we started so early on it and we put in so much investment, and we had a really early milestone; 'we have to get to 60fps on PS3', and they kept missing that so they couldn't do all these fancy rendering things on top. The other side of it was that we always had the PS3 in mind. We understood the architecture from day one as we were rebuilding the gameplay systems. So we always had that distributed processing architecture in mind for these systems.

Thank god for that. 5 months out a well so plenty of time for optimizing

Everyone here cheers on FIFA 08 graphics...it pisses me off! EA`s biggest problem is in gameplay and that has to be change! graphics were good in 07..

it won't be 60 on ps3...:( at all

EA's community rep confirmed again 60fps for both systems......

http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=853218&highlight=#853218

FIFA 08 runs at 60fps on both the PS3 and 360. Using what smart said, developers are still getting used to the PS3 (and 360 to an extent) because the architecture is so different - you only have to look at some of the first party titles coming out to see that the PS3 is a capable console (as is the 360).

graphics in currentgen are imo a really nice improvement over the last installements, nice playermodels i think. kinda like it. :)

1114435508_d18bc0dbcf.jpg

1113597877_2a01b1db38.jpg

graphics in currentgen are imo a really nice improvement over the last installements, nice playermodels i think. kinda like it. :)

1114435508_d18bc0dbcf.jpg

1113597877_2a01b1db38.jpg

other than the fact that he has a missing piece of right leg in both images

Back
Top Bottom