FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Think I prefer this cover
116210-packshot_small.jpg

Rooney's new injury is a major blow for EA, can Ronaldo now take his place for Man U and shine for Konami?

Sad aren't I

;)

What do you mean by that ?

Back on topic.... :) I like the sound of that list. It makes me a bit more excited about FIFA this year than I am about PES (please dont flame me PES Lovers!) All sounds quite promising.

hopefully one of the 'surprise' leagues will be the a-league!
I know it really is a crappy league but would be a great selling point for a lot of people down under who are foolishly ignorant of anything but the EPL.

They really should have the Argentinian League, it's easily one of the top 10 in the World. It's not like it would cost EA Sports that much to get it either, the Argentine Peso is very low against the Dollar, they could probably get it very cheaply.

i think fifa 08 will be like uefa on xbox360 because uefa is a good game n i dnt think ea sports will have any tink else 2 add

They have to improve gameplay very much to 360-version. 07 is very ugly to play comparing to 360-PES6.

pes 360 is shite, ive always played pes over fifa until this year

The grass on the second pic looks really good. Actually it does on the first aswell, but in the second you can see the detail with the defenders hand going into the grass.

Hope they can sort out the problems with the gameplay (goalies, shooting, getting into 1-on-1 difficulty, responsetime) as the rest seems to be spot on. Hopefully youll be able to whip a cross in and have some decent pace on the ball, as the video cross still shows the same rubbish lob style cross. And thats been in fifa for quite a while now, its time they sort it out!

Has this been posted yet?

Sorry if it has but, it pretty much confirms the manager mode:

Its from those offical forums in a faq session with the producers (something that konami need to start doing)

Wow this interview sounds great. I wish Konami had many of these features. Too bad Fifa is unplayable compared to PES.

I'm gonna give FIFA the usual chance and play the demo once it's out. But by the looks of the ingame videos, I don't think it's gonna win me over.

Wow this interview sounds great. I wish Konami had many of these features. Too bad Fifa is unplayable compared to PES.

I'm gonna give FIFA the usual chance and play the demo once it's out. But by the looks of the ingame videos, I don't think it's gonna win me over.

What ingame videos are they? Surely you can't have gained much of an impression from the little bits here and there? Especially as most are the close-up camera.

Also, hasn't it been a well established fact of Pro Evo/ISS over the years that the brilliance of the game could not be fully appreciated until you actually play it? Shouldn't the same apply for both games?

Based on the last efforts of both games (on the 360) Nokami has the more to improve on as PES6 was a joke.

However, I will give both games a good go (not just the demos) before making a final judgement. In the meantime information such as that interview whets my appetite more than the usual lack of information from the other side.

PS - I am no FIFA fanboy - just after value for my money without feeling ripped off.

Last edited:

mjp that would suggest to me 100% that its a FIFA 07 video I have seen before... and at Messi82 I am going to stick my neck out and say I think EA will make a decent fist of it this year. I am expecting a decent FIFA game.

The stadiums and crowd really are spot on

I really hope they improve lot...EA have big resources so it is big miracle that FIFA-series has been sometimes so poor.

Back
Top Bottom