FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

really can't wait for this game to come out, up until uefa champs league on the 360 i was never really a fifa fan....but they have made massive strides and the game plays like i always hoped it would

As I hoped all along it looks decent. The ball physics look much more refined and real, it seems to flow very nicely and the graphics in the wide screen cam look pretty good. I think this will challenge PES this time around and may well turn a few heads.

Just looking at the videos on the EA website, there's a couple which I hadn't seen before.

There's a nice one introducing the new player-switch control so, when you don't have possession of the ball, you can use the RAS to decide which player you want to control. Looks like a really good idea, something which PES will hopefully copy in due course.

Likewise, the goal-keeper control seems to be a good idea, especially at free-kicks. It says you can control him at set-pieces, so hopefully that means at corners, too.

It looks good (the features)but you do know it from current gen right. ?

Its night and day comparison i dont see how people are getting confused. :)

As I hoped all along it looks decent. The ball physics look much more refined and real, it seems to flow very nicely and the graphics in the wide screen cam look pretty good. I think this will challenge PES this time around and may well turn a few heads.

I agree Doc

I had been getting quite cynical about this season but from the better quality video's you can see a large improvement on FIFA 07 in almost every area.

The PES preview on winning eleven blog has not filled me with the excitement that FIFA has over the past week or so.

Likewise, the goal-keeper control seems to be a good idea, especially at free-kicks. It says you can control him at set-pieces, so hopefully that means at corners, too.

What's seriously pissing me off is that such features are not on next gen, I don't understand what their excuse can be, other than "we're greedy lazy cunts and we know you'll buy our game so just fuck off and buy it all ready".

I honestly don't know these days who are the more cynical, greedy, arrogant, fucks, EA or Konami. Both seem content to put in minimum effort for maximum return.

Edit:

List of stuff that current gen has that next gen doesn't have:

Goalkeepers sent off and injured
Goalkeepers under full manual control
"be a pro" mode through a full coop season
Variable weather
Enhanced manager mode (unless EA are just being coy on that one for now).

Last edited:

What's seriously pissing me off is that such features are not on next gen, I don't understand what their excuse can be, other than "we're greedy lazy cunts and we know you'll buy our game so just fuck off and buy it all ready".

I honestly don't know these days who are the more cynical, greedy, arrogant, fucks, EA or Konami. Both seem content to put in minimum effort for maximum return.

Edit:

List of stuff that current gen has that next gen doesn't have:

Goalkeepers sent off and injured
Goalkeepers under full manual control
"be a pro" mode through a full coop season
Variable weather
Enhanced manager mode (unless EA are just being coy on that one for now).

I thought Next gen version had Be a Pro mode Co Op ? if not that gutting. :(

I thought Next gen version had Be a Pro mode Co Op ? if not that gutting. :(

Next gen "be a pro" mode consists solely of one off friendly matches in single player.......

Be a Pro: Offline Training — Think and react like a real professional soccer player. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis on the fly. A unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you’re on attack.

From http://fifa08.ea.com/uk/DynPage.aspx?id=6446&mn1=4007&mn2=4116

Did you not read my post five days ago?!

Bingham, it was stated a few months ago that it's not actually a "proper" game mode, and it's just a cam similar to the one that's been in PES for a year or two. It's just a "glimpse into the future" I think they sold it as, and they said that next year is when they're going to build on it.

Yes i did but i asked about if it was like Fantasista not about Co Op. :)

You didnt directly say about that to be fair. :)

It's a shame but at least it will give us a taste of what it's like. I like the sound of the system that tells you how well you're doing at sticking to your position, playing in team-mates etc...

Sounds good just the wait that annoys me now got to wait until Fifa 09 to have it implemented in next gen version. :(

Well unfortunately EA aren't the only ones, I'm loving Fantasista mode in J-League but it's not going to be in PES until PES2009...

I'm pretty gutted Fifa 08 next gen won't include Manager mode. Only current gen will.

3 short clips on through ball & passing, switching players & goalkeeper control:

http://www.fifa08.ea.com/uk/Screens.aspx?mn1=4009 (click the VIDEO tab)

How many times do i have to say it is current gen videos. :)

Its 360 and PS3 thread i apologise if we are treating this thread as PS2 version also. :)

Sorry it just makes people confused if you dont state it and people think its Next Gen version. :)

I'm pretty gutted Fifa 08 next gen won't include Manager mode. Only current gen will.
Please tell me that's not confirmed.

What the hell is the point in buying the game if that's true (and you don't play online)...

My apologies if it caused any confusion. Was just trying to show how these features work as they're also featured in the next-gen version. My bad.

I don't quite get this game mode:

The award-winning Interactive Leagues debuts on the XBOX 360™ and the PLAYSTATION®3 as part of the deepest online feature set to date. Represent your club online* against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play.

I don't quite get this game mode:

Goes something like this. e.g. tomorrow Man U plays Reading in the EPL. All online games played on FIFA08 between Man U vs Reading until then will be recorded and updated on some "virtual" league maintained by EA (called the "Interactive League"). So if you're a supporter of either clubs, go online and play your opponents to chalk up the most wins for your club to make them go top. This feature was on the current-gen versions of FIFA07.

Last edited:

07 had manager mode on 360 so I expect 08 will, I think the lack of detail on the website will mean it'll be quite basic, just play the matches, get promoted/relegated, win cups, nothing much more than that like board interaction, press interaction etc. etc.

Anyways I posted a "newspaper headline" type thread, maybe it'll force EA to reveal some details if they think the 12 year olds are panicking ;)

http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=848551#848551

Anyone who has an account there should spam the thread so EA give some info :)

Back
Top Bottom