FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Anyone Notice on the Next Gen tab theres not a mention of manager Mode as compared to the Current Gen.

And isnt Next gen, current Gen anyway they really need to call current gen Older Gen.

To explain:
Current Gen - Manager Mode Improvements – New features include pre-season friendlies to test your team before a campaign, new training options to hone your squad of players and dynamic board expectations that change depending on your successes … or failures.

Next Gen - Nothing

To explain:
Current Gen - Manager Mode Improvements – New features include pre-season friendlies to test your team before a campaign, new training options to hone your squad of players and dynamic board expectations that change depending on your successes … or failures.

Next Gen - Nothing

I keep saying this. All these companies ned to stp developing on last gen consoles.

Obviously EA being EA they wont anytime soon, but Konami could.

Whats the point of next-gen with no features?

Skills look awesome which is a great for me. :)

Not sure about rest poxy small screen cant see much detail hopefully better videos soon. :)

they're now on gametrailers.com so you can full screen them. i think it's the ps2 version though

One on fifa official site are from current gen and are same as ones on gametrailers. :)

The Jeux video ones posted on previous page are next gen. :)

Bingham, is that right? Desperately trying to view them after all the comments about them (would love to see if Henry is as spot-on as someone said above) but they won't work on my computer for some reason (installed Quicktime etc., won't work).

ARGH.

Why all the love. the tricks LOOK great but if you just can do them randomly without knowing which one your gonna use and with every player on the feel no matter how bad he is it's dumb.

if certain players can do those tricks, and if you can pick which tricks to do, then that looks awesome... some of the game play videos definatley showed me the ball physics have improved

if certain players can do those tricks, and if you can pick which tricks to do, then that looks awesome

But since it's fifa and since seeing those video it doesn't look it's going to be like that. Maybe ronaldinho will have some extra special moves..

if certain players can do those tricks, and if you can pick which tricks to do, then that looks awesome... some of the game play videos definatley showed me the ball physics have improved
Holy fucking shit, if Gomito is saying this, it must look great.

Someone find a way to download them and convert them to a proper format nowwwwww!! :cry:

cant view the vid on the ea site for some reason, the flash payer stops a few secs in.

But did everyone see this fifa 08 next gen vid on gametrailers. pretty poor vid quality but looks promising for animations, skills, tricks, etc. Will be good to see it in full flow in a game.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/93711.html?playlist=featured

Looks like pes will have a fight on its hands this year!! that can only mean a good thing for next years!

Bingham, is that right? Desperately trying to view them after all the comments about them (would love to see if Henry is as spot-on as someone said above) but they won't work on my computer for some reason (installed Quicktime etc., won't work).

ARGH.

The main one on official site which is big one dosnt load for me but when going to Screen/ Videos tab they are current gen and previously shown here.

Ones on Jeux site are the next gen version is that what you cant get working. ?

I was interested in whichever one A) had Henry in and B) Gomito was referring to...

Whoooweeeee!!...i know it might sound dumb, but just seeing that video has me really looking foward to this game more than i've ever been in a very long time. The little gameplay clips looks lush, very lush actually :) (asin smooth, "organic")... plus the ball physics looks, well just stunning from what i can see, and the change/adaptation of animations by players after a stumble, i think it was campo or someone who nearly lost the ball because it was bouncing but he then regained balance and the transmission between animations again from what i've seen looks very very promissing..... cant wait :)........ 2 above average footy games this year, cant ask for more ;)...(well you can but you get what i'm trying to imply..)

Last edited:

Incredibly, FIFA is actually looking better than PES at the moment.

I saw that video already, is that the one they have in the FIFA08 website? When you click on the videos tab?

My brother is totally anti-fifa but after playing pes 2008 and fifa 08 in his job (games tester) he is adamant that Fifa is better this year.

Not all players can do all tricks - there is a way of doing them so you can choose which trick to do.

My brother is totally anti-fifa but after playing pes 2008 and fifa 08 in his job (games tester) he is adamant that Fifa is better this year.

Not all players can do all tricks - there is a way of doing them so you can choose which trick to do.

cool.

but can he tall is the reasons why it is better?

i will probably buy fifa and pes.

Just looking at the videos on the EA website, there's a couple which I hadn't seen before.

There's a nice one introducing the new player-switch control so, when you don't have possession of the ball, you can use the RAS to decide which player you want to control. Looks like a really good idea, something which PES will hopefully copy in due course.

Likewise, the goal-keeper control seems to be a good idea, especially at free-kicks. It says you can control him at set-pieces, so hopefully that means at corners, too.

The goalkeeper control looks great to me as well winston - the only thing that concerns me is that this feature from free kicks wont make any difference anyway - as i founf the keepers to be super-human from free kicks aimed in the far corners anyway

Back
Top Bottom