FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Having looked at the video the nets hardly move whivch is so unrealistic and certainly not difficult to get right on a next gen console.

i cannot beleive over on the EA website the fIFA next gen dev team claimed to have "made the net physics more realistic this term"

Looking at the various vids it appears we are only geting an update of 07, better graphics,more teams but very similar gameplay.

Oh dear, is PES going to be so much better? I hope so.

Having looked at the video the nets hardly move whivch is so unrealistic and certainly not difficult to get right on a next gen console.

i cannot beleive over on the EA website the fIFA next gen dev team claimed to have "made the net physics more realistic this term"

Looking at the various vids it appears we are only geting an update of 07, better graphics,more teams but very similar gameplay.

Oh dear, is PES going to be so much better? I hope so.

Really? those heretics are the father of lies if you ask me. They would sell their own mothers for profit.

They really have no clue how to make true futbol sim.

What is strange though, is the nets in the arena of the FIFA 06 RTTFWC game on 360 did move very well.

Have to say, that video does look so very similar to FIFA 07, and while it was a solid game, UCL played much better for me. Wait and see time, the demo will give me enough of a try out I reckon.

I don't yet i need to try the demo ;)

i downloaded the demo of fifa o7 (xbox360) last year, played a few games and was impressed enough to go and buy the full version when it was released. i only played the demo a few times as i didn't want to ruin the full game for myself.

i regret that decision though as in the full game i noticed a lot of flaws (heading, keepers etc) that basically ruined the game for me. had i played the demo more i would've noticed these things and probably wouldn't have bought the full version.

this year i'm gonna play the shit out of the demo just to be sure!

Wow, and people complain about PES, seeing that video realy put me off.

Nets are awefull as are the run animations, the ball looks to have as much weight as a beach ball. And the crosses are simply way to lofted.

The tricks looks good but should have been in last year.

And graphicaly in game isnt a giant step forward from pes 2008

Im confused :|

The video was basically to show off aspects such as tricks and headers the camera angle was not one used for playing. There is a demo on the way play that if you don't like it then I'll agree with your moaning but otherwise it's just futile and pathetic. No one is forcing anyone to buy the game and no one will be forced to buy it blind without trying it first.

lazavs... and you have played FIFA 08 then have you? NOPE so how do you know its shit? before we know EA could have really nailed the gameplay this year, so what if little elements dont quite look right? Ok the Nets dont move how you want them to is that really going to detract from the gameplay? Not unless your a complete net freak it wont. Ok the players look out of proportion and so do their kits but once again if the gameplay is awesome then why worry about it?

Im sick of all these people who slate a game before even playing it. Ok on Past History FIFA's were just database updates and kit changes but this year I think EA will nail it. Having seen that PES2008 is basically PES6 360 (possibly with gameplay changes I hope) I would say its PES that is stalling and taking our money and not giving us much of what it calls "Evolution"

There are some things i was impresed with and some not. But the positivity wins it for me.

lazavs... and you have played FIFA 08 then have you? NOPE so how do you know its shit? before we know EA could have really nailed the gameplay this year, so what if little elements dont quite look right? Ok the Nets dont move how you want them to is that really going to detract from the gameplay? Not unless your a complete net freak it wont. Ok the players look out of proportion and so do their kits but once again if the gameplay is awesome then why worry about it?

Im sick of all these people who slate a game before even playing it. Ok on Past History FIFA's were just database updates and kit changes but this year I think EA will nail it. Having seen that PES2008 is basically PES6 360 (possibly with gameplay changes I hope) I would say its PES that is stalling and taking our money and not giving us much of what it calls "Evolution"

there would be nothing more i would like than for u to be right, since we are talking about this, let me ask u, do u think fifa will always be fifa ish? or do u think they will be getting close to become a sim like pro evo? what i mean is, i feel that fifa aims for a different market and thats why the gameplay is so weak, do u think they are aiming to make it more realistic?

So why is Pro Evo a Sim? because the CPU cheats and jacks up his teams stats and makes sure it wins or draws against you in the 90th min? is that what you call realism? do real life teams all become god and suddenly play that way? Nope Pro Evo might seem more of a Sim but its CPU orientated nature means its no where near that. At present FIFA is a bit of a run up to the oppositions goal and shoot. Thats how it always was but im hoping this time around it wont be that way.

Players out of proportion,running animation weird,Net physics none existant and ball seems lightweight all detracts from the gameplay IMO.

If it is just about gameplay then forget graphics and realistic kits etc lets just have a great gameplay engine.

Take Sensi for example, graphics were bog standard, little diddy men and not much like proper football but the gameplay was superb.

Where do you draw the line? Sensi was not trying to be realistic and won on that basis, however FIFA is trying to be realistic but is struggling to get the very basics that make a game realistic right!

You have to get the whole package working together, the gameplay-The graphics-The atmosphere-the reward.

Fifa seems to get the graphics done well and the atmosphere is good but leaves behind gapping holes in the gameplay engine by spending dev money on gimmicks.They do this for every edition to push sales and it works, but unfortunately while they do this then its always gonna be playing second fiddle.

Football is all about scoring goals, it is the single most important thing in the game.If the physics, animation and general feel of scoring a goal does not produce the euphoria then it fails.

For example.

Take a ball and smash it in at old trafford, watch the net explode and the crowd go wild.

Take the same ball and smash it into a goal marked out on a brick wall and tell me it gives the same feeling.

Thus the nets do make a difference as it compliments all the other things trying to make the simulation realistic.

PES does this well, FIFA does not and never has and judging by the latest vids it seems to have done the same.

Players out of proportion,running animation weird,Net physics none existant and ball seems lightweight all detracts from the gameplay IMO.

If it is just about gameplay then forget graphics and realistic kits etc lets just have a great gameplay engine.

Take Sensi for example, graphics were bog standard, little diddy men and not much like proper football but the gameplay was superb.

Where do you draw the line? Sensi was not trying to be realistic and won on that basis, however FIFA is trying to be realistic but is struggling to get the very basics that make a game realistic right!

You have to get the whole package working together, the gameplay-The graphics-The atmosphere-the reward.

Fifa seems to get the graphics done well and the atmosphere is good but leaves behind gapping holes in the gameplay engine by spending dev money on gimmicks.They do this for every edition to push sales and it works, but unfortunately while they do this then its always gonna be playing second fiddle.

Football is all about scoring goals, it is the single most important thing in the game.If the physics, animation and general feel of scoring a goal does not produce the euphoria then it fails.

For example.

Take a ball and smash it in at old trafford, watch the net explode and the crowd go wild.

Take the same ball and smash it into a goal marked out on a brick wall and tell me it gives the same feeling.

Thus the nets do make a difference as it compliments all the other things trying to make the simulation realistic.

PES does this well, FIFA does not and never has and judging by the latest vids it seems to have done the same.

i agree!!!!!!!!!!

Fifa has always been crap and will continue to be crap, give me pro evo anyday, djdoc u say how can i say a game i havent played is crap? i will bet u anything u want that fifa08 will be the same gameplay as 07 and that is SHIT! u defend FIFA like its your familys bussiness or something, why is that?

I will be getting both, Last years Pro Evo was a bag of wank and FIFA 07 was far better, Ive never bought a FIFA game before last years effort, Ive always been a Pro Evo fan, I just hope they both improve and Xleague do a Pro Evo league too so i can win that aswell lol

I will be getting both, Last years Pro Evo was a bag of wank and FIFA 07 was far better, Ive never bought a FIFA game before last years effort, Ive always been a Pro Evo fan, I just hope they both improve and Xleague do a Pro Evo league too so i can win that aswell lol

Hey Dazfeeder - I saw you on the tv last night! I thought I recognised your name! Nice one.

*EDIT* - I took some tips from your style of play too - more longer passes which worked well for you in the final!

Anyway, I agree with what you have said above as it relates totally to my own story.

The efforts by both camps in the past year has taken away my bias for Pro Evo and allowed me to enjoy FIFA07 and UEFA CL, this year I will buy both and the best game will be what I stick with. Either way, the real winner will be us with the competition being so close now.

yeah thanks mate, Cant wait for both games, just hope Konami have added a edit section lol

i agree!!!!!!!!!!

Fifa has always been crap and will continue to be crap, give me pro evo anyday, djdoc u say how can i say a game i havent played is crap? i will bet u anything u want that fifa08 will be the same gameplay as 07 and that is SHIT! u defend FIFA like its your familys bussiness or something, why is that?

not really a strong argument though is it. your just making a prediction which anyone can do. I thought Doc was asking you to justify your reasons after seeing the video.

not really a strong argument though is it. your just making a prediction which anyone can do. I thought Doc was asking you to justify your reasons after seeing the video.

after hoping that fifa will at least be playable for the last 5 years i think im pretty safe in saying it will be shit, other than that, i dont think ur boyfriend needs u to come to his rescue:D

Dont be a Richard now.

if the game is great i will come back here and admit it, dont get me wrong, i have been waiting a long time for a great fifa, it just hasnt happened, would love to see an awesome fifa, i will get the best game, actually i will get both, but i will play the best one, wether its fifa or pes

For example.

totaly agree;)
from what i seen from that vid, the game looks the same as most of the people had said that already, but i did like the tricks skills.
last year i did not buy the game coz the game feelt unrealistic with out skillz + i was not happy with few things while i was trying the demo.
fifa always had faild when it comes to the player close control, i hope fifa08 will manage to nail that with this new trick skillz, if they give as that freedom control we never had on fifa games, it will be a good start + fixing other few things, especialy the heading, i want the defenders to fight in the air for the ball, (deppending on the player jumping & heading states) & not leting u score or win the ball in the air 8 out of 10 in the box, sadly it looks that they didn't fix that (headers), judging it from that vid. for sure we want know how much the game has change till we try the demo for our self:roll:

after hoping that fifa will at least be playable for the last 5 years i think im pretty safe in saying it will be shit, other than that, i dont think ur boyfriend needs u to come to his rescue:D
Well thats a mature reply is it not?

I am pretty sure your the one who has a boyfriend, in fact probably more than one :) you make love to your PS3's all night long and think PES is a flawless game with no CPU bullshit at all.

I love this site with everyone trying to act so mature and then ending up in the gutter, name calling and sexual orientation bashing each other, and to think all this over consoles and games...I wonder if it's the same when the US is having a go at North Korea for instance,
ooohhh.. you wanna look for weapons in my palace Mr Bush, you must be a Homo??
I'm no Homo Mr Kim Jong-il, is that not a girls name .... 'Kim', your the Homo.. whats your boyfriends name!!

I am pretty sure your the one who has a boyfriend, in fact probably more than one :) you make love to your PS3's all night long and think PES is a flawless game with no CPU bullshit at all.

Don't you get tired of doing Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V all the time. You've posted that shit about making love to PS3's hundreds of times now.

Every game in the world has CPU bullshit. If you can't handle it, don't play it.

What makes you so sure it's a PS3 he'd make love to and not a 360?

PES also has some major flaws and those are also numerous to mention, but it differs from FIFA in that the applications, animations, game engine and reward are far more seamless than FIFA.

FIFA tends to have a set pattern of doing things which you can work out very quickly and this makes it a bit dull after a couple of months.

PES takes a couple of months to really start to draw you in and let you notice the finer points of the game because the engine is far more refined.

If PES2008 has not vastly improved from 6 then FIFA will have caught up, not because its better but because PES has gone backwards.The chances of that happening are slim and I beleive it will be the presentation that Konami get wrong but that will not be as bad as FIFA's gameplay.

The Video's are pretty shocking, even though its a poor quality, it just looked all wrong and I am sad to say that FIFA may well have taken a step backwards paving the way to make PES look magnificent even though its still suffering from flaws.

just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom