FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Am I correct in thinking that in the EA offices they have a dartboard with seabass's face on it?

No... :|

nokz8.jpg

Last edited:

If his name was spelt right as opposed to the Konami-style spelling it would have been more authentic :D

EDIT: Fixed now, another spelling saved thanks to Jack Bauer. :salute:

Last edited:

making the pitch seem less spacious would be a great start for EA.

Thats the worst fucking comment in the thread almost, seriously, football is about moving the ball and players into space........

Something about FIFA just feels like you have too much time on the ball, no matter who you're playing or what difficutly, it's always too slow and gives you too much time to place the perfect pass.

It needs to be sped up to give that feeling of urgency that you get in PES.

PES is too far the opposite way, you can't move without having a marker. Not realistic, at least not for English games. If you pass to the back you could sit with it in-front of the goalkeeper for 30 seconds at LEAST without being bothered by an opposition player, because they know it would be a waste of time, whereas in PES you're cramped together and you've always got someone following you like an annoying little dog.

But Professional football isnt all about madd one million hour pace that you play yourself. FIFA lets runs and moves unfold, it gives the time for the players to hold the run then move.

I just think on PES, too many times you get pressed far quicker than you do than in real football, you up the difficultly in PES, all it does is make the CPU press faster.

EDIT: Horses for courses I guess, just think PES is flared with its AI alot, and well in MP you can close down rapidly which aint that true. PES WAS a breath of fresh air and I have really enjoyed the series, each year they tweaked something, but they need a new tack now, they need to push it on, tis not about tweaking or shit ports (360 PES), its the start of a new franchise.........

Last edited:

PES is too far the opposite way, you can't move without having a marker. Not realistic, at least not for English games. If you pass to the back you could sit with it in-front of the goalkeeper for 30 seconds at LEAST without being bothered by an opposition player, because they know it would be a waste of time, whereas in PES you're cramped together and you've always got someone following you like an annoying little dog.

This is spot on - not everyone wants to play at a pace of a million miles an hour and be pressured constantly. Watch any real life football game (specially leagues other than the Premiereship) and there are at least 10-20 instances where backs simply exchange lazy uncontested passes or just slowly walk the ball up with no opponent near whilst surveying the pitch to make a long pass. PES simply does not give you that option at any challenging level.

No weather? AGAIN:shock:

Arghhh at least the pitch might reflect the wear which is nice but still...

lazy lazy EA they are getting as bad as with madden

Everyone else can be sent off but not the goalkeeper.

First thing I do in Fifa career mode is sell all backup goalkeepers, what's the point of having them? :(

Guessing they can still get fatigued though.

Not in UEFA or Fifa07 next gen to any degree that needed them resting.

Hell even in Fifa07 PS2 which had that crappy 2 matches on same day bug they didn't get tired enough to need resting.....

I like the way Old Trafford looks! good job EA!

Ive just noticed the Beckham for LA Galaxy shot! Woah! other than his retarded looking hands it looks ace!it looks just like our Former England Captain!

YES!!!

I've always wanted online leagues. I am setting up the official Evo-Web FIFA League as SOON as this comes out, no hassle, play when you want, ACE!!!

After reading that, I'm more excited about FIFA again now. Should be an amazing year...

Ive just noticed the Beckham for LA Galaxy shot! Woah! other than his retarded looking hands it looks ace!it looks just like our Former England Captain!
Actually, I disagree...

THIS free-kick shot looks exactly like him.

THIS other shot looks nothing like him.

Are they two different players? Because they look like it...

Last edited:

Notice how EA have jumped on the MLS hype and are posting screens of tomorrow's LA Galaxy vs FC Dallas match?

Konami don't have a fucking clue do they.

FIFA looks to be a safer bet again this year as they have a head start in the new franchise on next gen.

PES6 was a port (and a shit one at that) of the PS2 version, whereas FIFA07 was a new game in the series, written with different code.

FIFA is graphically miles ahead, and it sounds like they are doing all they can to improve on last years decent effort.

PES looks OK but defo not next gen and I like the fact EA have added a 3D crowd(like NBA et al)with the intrinsic gameplay enhancements, this could be my choive again this year.

The FIFA website states that collision physics have been re-worked adding loads of different animations, Goalkeeping animations have 100's of different applications and the AI is much better.

Harder to score, heading re-worked, free kicks re-worked, save replay function and upload to a designated site for community veiwing,more crowd chants,improved net physics.

I think they are really giving it a go this term and although it will still miss some obvious features (like weather) I beleive it will reign supreme given Konami's time scale to have produced a so called next gen game.

Afterall FIFA have now worked on thier code for 3 years.

After reading that, I'm more excited about FIFA again now. Should be an amazing year...

You change your mind as often as your pants. I expect you to flip backwards and forwards between PES and FIFA another 452 times before either game is released

FIFA looks to be a safer bet again this year as they have a head start in the new franchise on next gen.

PES6 was a port (and a shit one at that) of the PS2 version, whereas FIFA07 was a new game in the series, written with different code.

FIFA is graphically miles ahead, and it sounds like they are doing all they can to improve on last years decent effort.

PES looks OK but defo not next gen and I like the fact EA have added a 3D crowd(like NBA et al)with the intrinsic gameplay enhancements, this could be my choive again this year.

The FIFA website states that collision physics have been re-worked adding loads of different animations, Goalkeeping animations have 100's of different applications and the AI is much better.

Harder to score, heading re-worked, free kicks re-worked, save replay function and upload to a designated site for community veiwing,more crowd chants,improved net physics.

I think they are really giving it a go this term and although it will still miss some obvious features (like weather) I beleive it will reign supreme given Konami's time scale to have produced a so called next gen game.

Afterall FIFA have now worked on thier code for 3 years.

haha you sure u dont work for fifa??
To say "FIFA is graphically miles ahead, and it sounds like they are doing all they can to improve on last years decent effort" depends on what you mean by graphics. Extra Detailed skin tone and shirts mean shit if you cant get the player models spot on. I think graphically speaking, the players in pes2008 screens n movie, look more realistic than fifa's.
Id like to go on, but the post you just sent is just so rediculous, im kinda wondering why i even bothered touching it....

about the save replay feature, do you think you can save the replay to your hdd to view whenever you want or does it literally get uploaded to the ea servers imediately and you have to view it via the internet? obviously it should be the prior but the way it's worded on the ea forums is confusing

about not having weather, wtf! that's odd, every next gen sports game that's played outside should have weather. no excuse.

not too bothered about the keepers not getting sent off, does it mean they can't get penalised for a foul though?

You change your mind as often as your pants. I expect you to flip backwards and forwards between PES and FIFA another 452 times before either game is released
I'll have you know that I've been wearing these pants for 562 days as part of a world record attempt.

It's a close call though, very close. If PES doesn't have this improved ML I'm being told about then I won't be interested, if it does then you can have a full club customisation career, which you can't do in FIFA. We just have to hope FIFA fix the bugs and if they do then... It's going to be so close. Your own custom team career on PES, an online league (and Tranmere career) on FIFA, I don't know which is better.

not too bothered about the keepers not getting sent off, does it mean they can't get penalised for a foul though?
No. They can still foul.

Back
Top Bottom