FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

im pretty sure the beginning clip...where he takes the shot is the ps2 version. Looks exactly the same as fifa07 pc/ps2 in EVERYway. I expect the graphics to be the same as ucl or fifa 07 on 360...which were fine. Dont start counting your chickens yet.

As long as FIFA finally gets some decent heading (havent ever got this on FIFA) where they can actually strike it with their head and not look retarded...and if the goalies are better ill be happy.

If fifa changed thier player models to anything different from what it is now, i swear thats it!! its murder she wrote as far as footy games competition are concerned... its soo anoying that they'v got almost everything else jst about brushing shoulders with reality/perfectness, then they go and mess up the one thing you see 90% of the time. (the player models henceforth the players themselves).. i spose i could live with it, as long as there's no cutscenes every 2 mins, but it sorta kills the "real" look of everything else for me personally.:(..

You're right, but I think I can live with those player models, last gen's player models were horrible, these player models are not the best but it could be a lot worse IMO

im pretty sure the beginning clip...where he takes the shot is the ps2 version. Looks exactly the same as fifa07 pc/ps2 in EVERYway. I expect the graphics to be the same as ucl or fifa 07 on 360...which were fine. Dont start counting your chickens yet.

As long as FIFA finally gets some decent heading (havent ever got this on FIFA) where they can actually strike it with their head and not look retarded...and if the goalies are better ill be happy.

Sorry that's not the PS2 version, that is next gen, is clear.

Last edited:

They keep polishing the game year after year and adding really exciting features....

yet forget that once the demo is out, almost every PES/WE player refutes the idea of buying the game.

The core gameplay needs serious remapping. Not just the passing and shooting, but the entire team ensemble movement and play making.

They keep polishing the game year after year and adding really exciting features....

yet forget that once the demo is out, almost every PES/WE player refutes the idea of buying the game.

The core gameplay needs serious remapping. Not just the passing and shooting, but the entire team ensemble movement and play making.

Thats a good point.

We always have hope for the new Fifa then the dreaded demo hits.

tekkan what? FIFA is a ps2 game made for the next gen consoles? perhaps you havent been reading this thread... the next gen version of FIFA 08 is TOTALLY different to the PS2 version... made by different teams and a different game engine! Dont post bullshit like that.

This Be a Pro mode does it have any singleplayer element to it similar to this new Fantasista mode in Winning Eleven. ?

From what i have read so far it appears just to be your able to play as a player already in a team not create your own. ? I was wondering if it would have the same sort of thing like transfer to another club etc.

It has CO OP i have read though so that should be cool something different to bog standard 1 on 1. :)

I don't mind starting as a Pro as long as they include a career within that.

Bingham, it was stated a few months ago that it's not actually a "proper" game mode, and it's just a cam similar to the one that's been in PES for a year or two. It's just a "glimpse into the future" I think they sold it as, and they said that next year is when they're going to build on it.

Right, I now don't care about anything until I play both this and PES, not to compare them, just because I want to play a new football game!

Bingham, it was stated a few months ago that it's not actually a "proper" game mode, and it's just a cam similar to the one that's been in PES for a year or two. It's just a "glimpse into the future" I think they sold it as, and they said that next year is when they're going to build on it.

Ok cheers for clearing that up. :)

Well i look forward on them building on it i think it could become a very unique mode. Taking it further could have your own Agent etc like real life and watch out for the bungs. :D

Seriously some really cool stuff could be made buy your own car and got to drive to training ground every day. With Next Gen it opens up so many things it could be come a true simulation be a Pro Mode. :)

Sorry kinda went off dreaming there but can always hope. :)

Ok cheers for clearing that up. :)

Well i look forward on them building on it i think it could become a very unique mode. Taking it further could have your own Agent etc like real life and watch out for the bungs. :D

Seriously some really cool stuff could be made buy your own car and got to drive to training ground every day. With Next Gen it opens up so many things it could be come a true simulation be a Pro Mode. :)

Sorry kinda went off dreaming there but can always hope. :)

top stuff mate dont apologise. You inspire us all.

textureszb1.jpg

That's a very old screen of FIFA 08, the graphics, kits, boots, faces and ball are still the same as FIFA 07. The graphics are much improved now, the 'zombie-look' doesn't excist anymore...and for example Ronaldinho has a hairband (I don't know if I spelled that correctly :P) now.;)

Basically, FIFA has the better lighting, PES has the better faces, both have faults that blight the overall look of the game.

You look at FIFA on it's own and you think it's great, then you see that Raul face that Beatts has as his avatar and you think woah, what's up with those FIFA faces, they're not next-gen, they look awful.

Then you look at the socks/shinpads on the FIFA screenshot, and you think woah, the socks/shinpads in PES look like they're made of plastic and welded onto the player's legs (which applies to all of the cloth-textures).

But we all know what's most important (somewhere, every five seconds, there is a PES fan that says that in a desperate attempt to stop some non-football fan saying "but it looks like shit" ;)).

Last edited:

Basically, FIFA has the better lighting, PES has the better faces, both have faults that blight the overall look of the game.

You look at FIFA on it's own and you think it's great, then you see that Raul face that Beatts has as his screenshot and you think woah, what's up with those FIFA faces, they're not next-gen, they look awful.

Then you look at the socks/shinpads on the FIFA screenshot, and you think woah, the socks/shinpads in PES look like they're made of plastic and welded onto the player's legs (which applies to all of the cloth-textures).

But we all know what's most important (somewhere, every five seconds, there is a PES fan that says that in a desperate attempt to stop some non-football fan saying "but it looks like shit" ;)).
I totally agree with that, but the faces in FIFA looked like shit. We don't now how they will look now.

Im going to chime in so you can see my avatar lol!

Im going to buy both evo and fifa, so I win either way, the joys of working for a games retailer! :)

Haha, well I'll be playing demos of both first. I want PES for the gameplay and FIFA for the game-modes (organised online play instead of a million friendlies, and Tranmere of course, woohoo).

But if they're both exactly the same gameplay-wise as the previous versions then I'll be playing Football Manager all year again.

Speeding up the gameplay, improving ball contact physics and making the pitch seem less spacious would be a great start for EA.

I think we can make comparisons without needing that thread.

Well after playing Fifa 07 on the 360 i know i will not be picking up 08 on PS3.. They should call the game Rebound and Lob 08 because thats basically the way to score a goal.. The passing is extremely slow and overall the gameplay is just horrible.. Yer it looks gd and all but WE will always win when it comes to gameplay..
I can only hope WE looks and plays like next gen, fingers crossed. Just my 2 cents on Fifa..

Speeding up the gameplay, improving ball contact physics and making the pitch seem less spacious would be a great start for EA.

The pitches really do seem huge, you're right.

Am I alone in thinking the goals are too small as well? At least height wise.

Well after playing Fifa 07 on the 360 i know i will not be picking up 08 on PS3.. They should call the game Rebound and Lob 08 because thats basically the way to score a goal.. The passing is extremely slow and overall the gameplay is just horrible.. Yer it looks gd and all but WE will always win when it comes to gameplay..
I can only hope WE looks and plays like next gen, fingers crossed. Just my 2 cents on Fifa..

On a side note, i love your avatar.

Back
Top Bottom