FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

yes the angle that picture was taken makes it look photo- realistic! but then the other pictures aren't. Love the crowd. they understand how the proportions should be e.g: 30% casual people, and then the home and away team colors depending on the match and then blur it out a little. In pro evo it are just the home and away team colors with ugly weird funky albino's with sunglasses etc. who are looking in the wrong way and the worst part is they show them fully detailed like they're proud of it.

there is no video fifa 08 yet... so dont judge the gameplay about fifa 2008, no one know it

release on 15 september! i will buy it with pes 2008 15 october-november

The one on the bottom left corner, when I saw it on little picture of the scan, I thought it was a real picture, looks cool.

Matherto, the FIFAs on next-gen and last-gen are literally two different games developed by two different teams, using two different gameplay engines. It's like comparing, well, PES to FIFA. And the same with UEFA CL (which was tweaked on the 360 to erase a lot of the problems). There's still some issues there though, don't get me wrong (the shooting being the main one).

well, looking at that vid again, the shooting and passing look better than 07 on the 360, so hopefully the 360 08 will be better again. The animations and player models are the only main concern after that.

More responisve controls and a ball that doesn't feel like it floats off your foot and EA are onto a winner. Presentation-wise FIFA 08 looks like a 10/10!

arghhh, i want some news on this :D

can't wait to play the demo.
Is August 27 confirmed?

I'm a bit hyped by FIFA atm, if they get the shooting right it will be great

PES is a bit 50/50 for me, some things look good but there are the typical Konami things that I'm bored of!

thats funny, 2 years ago I thought I'd never touch a FIFA game again :)

Elber, its funny you should say that but I also thought after the rubbish of FIFA 2005 that id never touch a FIFA game again. Then 06 started heading in the right direction and I played the PC Demo of it time and time again. Then 07 Current Gen demo comes out and im amazed! Then the 360 version comes out and I think "Wow this is good!" My whole outlook on FIFA has totally changed over the last year or so. I can remember dismissing FIFA 07 early on in the old FIFA 07 thread that we had here :) ive gone from that to looking forward to 08 Next Gen.. :)

At Elber and djdoc - same here.

Just yesterday I traded in Pro Evo 6 (360) as I haven't played it since I got UEFA CL, and I traded that in too as I haven't played *that* since I bought FIFA07.

I found it difficult to look myself in the face for the first few weeks but I've realised now, and as Elber says, even the next Pro Evo still has all those old things that we've put up with for so many years. I'm just tired of all that sh*t now, I'm older now, I want a product that shows care has gone into it, not something that makes me feel ripped off every year.

And funny, the above could have applied to FIFA up until this past 18 months so for that we have Nokami to thank.

Can't wait for FIFA 08.

I want more screens...I want movies!!:D
When are they releasing some stuff? Do you guys think we have to wait for GC in Leipzig?

Thanks Thomas, I think it looks great, especially the way you can win back the ball when you lose it!

Graphically I think it's quite close this year, PES has the better animation but the textures look a bit cartoony, whereas FIFA has worse animation but photo-realistic textures.

Does look very similar to 07.

The way the ball leaves the foot when only the toes strike the ball rather than the actual main part of the foot itself.

So I can see why Thomas says what he does but I can put up with that if it plays well and it gives me the chances to play as "Liverpool" not "Merseyside Red" and I can update the squad as and when it changes. Two fundamental things that Pro Evo 6 (360) couldn't do.

Is it just me or did the defending madrid player not react to any of ronaldinho's tricks?

And he didn't move like ronaldinho even though they've motion capped him to death.

No PES/FIFA allegiance so just general observations.....

I don't think FIFA's textures are better, but the lightening...
...also there is some kind of "dust" in the air, what makes it look more natural.

__

I'm looking forward to a patched PES2008/PC, it will show good the engine is...
I will play it on 360/PS3 though, not on PC

___

I hope EA will improve the keepers. I couldn't play UCL/FIFA07 because of them - they catch almost every ball in a super hero way; so it ain't a simulation, but an arcade game...

I have no faith in this

NCAA 08 is amazing
NASCAr 08 is great

madden 08 looks to be really improved

NBA Live 08 looks to be VERY MUCH improved

Tiger woods 08? Meh still doesn't have cloth movement which kills it for me THIS IS NEXT GEN EA!

...and Fifa 08 doesn't look good same as last years and quite frankly If I didn't edit the game regarding player speeds individually to death like I did it would have been completely unplayble

I'm just being honest don't shoot me in the foot with this opinion but Fifa 08 better fix the shooting and have its ball physics in order which did not feel as free as they hyped

I have no faith in this

NCAA 08 is amazing
NASCAr 08 is great

madden 08 looks to be really improved

NBA Live 08 looks to be VERY MUCH improved

Tiger woods 08? Meh still doesn't have cloth movement which kills it for me THIS IS NEXT GEN EA!

...and Fifa 08 doesn't look good same as last years and quite frankly If I didn't edit the game regarding player speeds individually to death like I did it would have been completely unplayble

I'm just being honest don't shoot me in the foot with this opinion but Fifa 08 better fix the shooting and have its ball physics in order which did not feel as free as they hyped
NBA Live 08 is still crap, their legs are as thin as grass and the gameplay looks to me still the same. If they run their whole body leans forward and they don't take the ball realistic with them.

Back
Top Bottom