FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Well visually between PES 2008 next gen and Fifa 08 next gen there is absolutely no competition, PES looks like a PS2 game.

Longevity wise there undoubtedly won't be any contest either, full manager/career mode in Fifa with 30 leagues and numerous competitions, PES has about 6 leagues? And most likely a shallow, shoddy, boring ML yet again.....

Gameplay wise perhaps Fifa isn't as "pure" a footballing simulation as PES, but for me it plays a pretty decent game of football and hopefully it will have progressed even further from UCL (as UCL did from 07 in only 6 months), I'd rather play a decent game of football as Sheffield Wednesday fully licensed in a proper manager mode than play as some crappy generic team in a shallow ML.

Multiplayer is not an area I'm interested in so is not relevant at all to me when comparing the two games.....

Ye Stadiums look fantastic etc and clearly know which game wins hands down in graphics.

But player wise is it just me or do people think if Fifa just stopped some players looking bulky (who are not) it would look so much better. I mean some players are bulky but Beckham not for one faces always look great although there has been some poor likeness in previous games but the ones that are done faces are superb. I just have a gripe with body they just dont look right to me im afraid.

Take C Ronaldo in Uefa for example his body mass appeared to be nothing like he is in real life this is something i dont like about it.

But Kits and attention to details is pure class. :)

Last edited:

Well visually between PES 2008 next gen and Fifa 08 next gen there is absolutely no competition, PES looks like a PS2 game.

Longevity wise there undoubtedly won't be any contest either, full manager/career mode in Fifa with 30 leagues and numerous competitions, PES has about 6 leagues? And most likely a shallow, shoddy, boring ML yet again.....

Gameplay wise perhaps Fifa isn't as "pure" a footballing simulation as PES, but for me it plays a pretty decent game of football and hopefully it will have progressed even further from UCL (as UCL did from 07 in only 6 months), I'd rather play a decent game of football as Sheffield Wednesday fully licensed in a proper manager mode than play as some crappy generic team in a shallow ML.

Multiplayer is not an area I'm interested in so is not relevant at all to me when comparing the two games.....
i cant see how you can say pes looks like a ps2 game, when fifa still cant get the players bodies right.. it evens out for me.. monkeys vs cartoons i guess, the stadium shots look great i must admit

i cant see how you can say pes looks like a ps2 game, when fifa still cant get the players bodies right.. it evens out for me.. monkeys vs cartoons i guess, the stadium shots look great i must admit

How does Fifa's character model being a little thick around the waist affect whether PES looks like a PS2 game or not? The fact PES looks like a PS2 game is what makes it look like a PS2 game.

Fifa looks like a next gen game, fat footballers or not, or perhaps to follow the logic of your argument that fact that PES has weirdly oversized shorts (as per the Drogba pic) makes it look next gen because Fifa also has somewhat oversized shorts? :roll:

Close up still shots are not going to flatter either title - when the game is zoomed out and the players are animated and moving on the pitch, THAT is how the graphics should truly be judged.

PES looks nothing like a PS2 game. You couldn't get those graphics on a PS2. Fifa just looks miles better thats all.

Yeah fed up of ppl going on about zoomed shots for both games you play the game in wide camera angles where you cant see any of this shit ppl get over excited about.

Graphics has always been good in EA-games, now they have to improve gameplay!! thats more important..

the stadium shots are amazing!

but the player shots are not impressive. there is something wrong about them.

hopefully when the view is zoomed out, all the different players are not all the same size like in these zoomed in screens.

Great summary Placebo, with which I agree 100%.

ROBINHO. Yes, caps because unlike before, when it was too small, not it is too big. Balance EA, balance is in between.

unlike in real life where you have one font size for all player names, no matter if it is eto'o r wright-philips, ea tend to use a pretty fucked system for the names in past 2 or 3 games, which fits the name exactly on the shirt, no matter if it looks unbalanced big or unbalanced small. so it just sizes the letters the way they fit on a the shirt. :( totally not realistic at all.

have you seen SWP wear the new chelsea away shirt in the friendly against Suwon blue wings? hell yeah it did look laughable how the name was writen all over his tiny back but that's how it is, so COME ON and give us the real deal.

every year the same, they destroy the pretty good overall picture with fucked up details.

unlike in real life where you have one font size for all player names, no matter if it is eto'o r wright-philips, ea tend to use a pretty fucked system for the names in past 2 or 3 games, which fits the name exactly on the shirt, no matter if it looks unbalanced big or unbalanced small. so it just sizes the letters the way they fit on a the shirt. :( totally not realistic at all.

have you seen SWP wear the new chelsea away shirt in the friendly against Suwon blue wings? hell yeah it did look laughable how the name was writen all over his tiny back but that's how it is, so COME ON and give us the real deal.

every year the same, they destroy the pretty good overall picture with fucked up details.
Erm get a fkin grip of yourself. :roll:

How does Fifa's character model being a little thick around the waist affect whether PES looks like a PS2 game or not? The fact PES looks like a PS2 game is what makes it look like a PS2 game.

Fifa looks like a next gen game, fat footballers or not, or perhaps to follow the logic of your argument that fact that PES has weirdly oversized shorts (as per the Drogba pic) makes it look next gen because Fifa also has somewhat oversized shorts? :roll:

the great graphics on fifa are cancelled out by the monkey shorts and bodies... thats my point... And embrace i dont know if you played fifa on 360 but you could definatley see the monkey bodies on widescreen... the players do not look natural on any camera angle in fifa

the great graphics on fifa are cancelled out by the monkey shorts and bodies... thats my point... And embrace i dont know if you played fifa on 360 but you could definatley see the monkey bodies on widescreen... the players do not look natural on any camera angle in fifa

Maybe EA can't get Darwin's Theory off their heads.

Still it looks tons better than PES...

Well Kenny all the right noises are coming from EA so who knows mate?

Yeah fed up of ppl going on about zoomed shots for both games you play the game in wide camera angles where you cant see any of this shit ppl get over excited about.

Thats abit one minded not everyone plays on wide camera you know. ?

I play on Dynamic V2. :)

And i play close up on Pro Evo also i prefer it as you see more detail but to say "you play game in wide angles" not
everyone does. :)

You cant just hide it under carpet yet still pick faults out on Pro Evo.

Last edited:

Erm get a fkin grip of yourself. :roll:

it really doesn't matter to me if it is like that or not (as i am not going to play it for long anyway), it is just something i wanted to point out.

of course it doesn't make any difference to the gameplay but i am just asking myself why konami get it right and ea obviously can't.

i dnt think fifa08 will change there gmeplay coz fifa 07 n uefa hav the same gameplay and there gameplay is 2 slow and its hard 2 beat a defender and its like they kno were your gonna go so you cnt send them the wrong way and its hard 2 takle with out slide takling on fifa07 n uefa

:x::circle::triangle::square::r1::r2::l1::l2:

Back
Top Bottom