FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (360 & PS3)

Cheers Thomas.

Looks very good.

Great to see the line-ups are totally up to date - Toni and Klose starting for Bayern.

That looks ridiculous indeed:lol:
They warm-up after they came on the field already in their match clothes.
But I love the stadiums, and the public looks great......oh well...I hope the gameplay is great this time, that's all that matters to me.

They copied that warm up sequence from the seriously shitty game... Club Football! What are EA thinking?

Shit by the look of things ,commentary will take another dimension (much more details said )

^ Wouldnt go that far! you havent even played it yet!

^ Wouldnt go that far! you havent even played it yet!

I'm talking about the french version of FIFA08 (check www.jeuxvideo.com if you understand french ).The way they describe each action is much more enhanced than FIFA07 with the same commentators.I don't know what it'd mean for Gray/Tyler tough

Kouroux, care to elaborate for those of us who don't speak French? What kinds of things are they saying?

Kouroux, care to elaborate for those of us who don't speak French? What kinds of things are they saying?

I don't know if it'd reveal anything concerning the english commentary of the game.For the french part ,as far as I understood they would describe players a lot more (meaning not only the "stars" anymore) ,they'd add a few comments concerning even average players of the french league.It just shows that commentators will take time to describe the player when he's sent off,scores a goal or stuff like that,I meanit was already included in FIFA07 but this time it's like they can add those comments for a lot more players.
One interesting part is that the commentators whenever they didn't like what was written down by EA ,they'd mention and it'd be changed for the sake of realism.It's not just some script sent by EA that the commentators have to read ,they also have something to say about it (I guess there are some limits).
Commenatary whether in french/english in FIFA07 is far better than PES6 ,so it could even improve then it's all good.

Last edited:

It sounds great that the commentators will sometimes alter their lines now. I know that Andy Gray said a few things in FIFA 07 that he wouldn't say in real life (in the game he's quite aggressive at times, says the word "stupid" a fair bit and I can't remember the last time he said that on Sky), so hopefully they've got it a bit more accurate now.

Sounds great that they talk about the average players as well, I can't wait to hear it in English. I imagine the lower-leagues will be quite quiet though, which is a shame (but you can't blame them, they must get fed up of it).

The commentators should be able to give most of the suggestions really. EA should say "We have this situation where X player has just done Y" (obviously with a bit more detail) and ask how the commentary team would react to it, certainly makes the commentary less robotic (PES). A step in the right direction though :)

Should be a good year for football games, I'm eagerly anticipating both FIFA and PES :)

To be honest with you, I always thought that's how they did it, up until a few years ago.

I always thought it would be a good idea to show the commentators either a couple of full matches or a few hundred clips, so that you would get their full (and real) reactions to the things you need reactions to in the game (i.e. the program is written to say "play this commentary clip when a player does a bad tackle for the second time", so they show a clip to the guys of a player doing that). Without saying any names, obviously. And then once you've got all the real reactions that you possibly can, you fill in whatever else is needed by using a script.

Would make more work for EA, getting all the required clips, and so I realise they won't ever do that. But it would be good.

It would be cool if EA just left the commentators in a room by themselves to record all the lines they felt necessary. Then, when EA finally pull everything together and play a match in the final version, the commentators will be describing exactly what they saw, saying things like "wtf are they doing in that warm up, that looks totally gay" and "judging by the ball physics, today's match comes to you from Mars" and "the nets appear to be made of cast iron".

It also looks as if that ridiculous warm-up routine happens every single match. Did they not think to ask a normal person what they thought of it? Surely someone at EA must have thought to themselves "That looks like crap. If they leave that in at the start of every match, people will laugh at us".

if they did it in tracksuit bottoms, it would make more sense. and they should do it as the commentatrs are talking about the league and such. would be very cool.

It would be cool if EA just left the commentators in a room by themselves to record all the lines they felt necessary. Then, when EA finally pull everything together and play a match in the final version, the commentators will be describing exactly what they saw, saying things like "wtf are they doing in that warm up, that looks totally gay" and "judging by the ball physics, today's match comes to you from Mars" and "the nets appear to be made of cast iron".

It also looks as if that ridiculous warm-up routine happens every single match. Did they not think to ask a normal person what they thought of it? Surely someone at EA must have thought to themselves "That looks like crap. If they leave that in at the start of every match, people will laugh at us".

Thats one of the funniest posts I have read - Very funny mate.

Cheers Kevano :)

The crowd looked great when Malouda was coming off, the trick by Malouda down the wing was pretty sweet too.

no it's much more silly as the old man on a benche they were like doing the riverdance :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom