FIFA 08

Well passes shouldn't be 100% perfect if you're playing with players who don't have 99 for short passing, as I use Sheffield Wednesday I'm playing with players who have passing stats from between 50 and 70 or such :)

They always seem to go slightly behind my player or theres to much power being used, i think i understand why its annoying since im playing Manuel passing against the CPU which many dont play cause they think its unplayable maybe that why it is, i need to find some fifa online gamers :(

I played the biggest twat on FIFA earlier, 2 kick off goals for him in a 2-1 loss but then I made up for it by winning the next game 1-0, it was a very good fast paced match and I managed to score a well worked goal with 10 minutes to go.
I have been using Croatia quite a bit recently, very good team.

Manual is the only way to go for me. And I've beaten many a mug online who's using assissted settings, just makes it even sweeter when you win :)).

That online kick-off goal attempt really is fucking shocking isn't it. It's the official Cunt Choice ©

The Cunt Choice ©, is when you know someone online is a twat, because of their main tactic which is always the most fucking annoying and sadly often a very effective and winning tactic too, and you know they are sat there smug as fuck when it works, and I always know I'd be bored shitless if I was going round doing that to people. These people are cunts. Hence the name, obviously.

Two more example of the Cunt Choice ©
- On Call Of Duty 4, when people on prestige level 1 or more use the Juggernaut perk. You just fucking know they'll magically absorb a million bullets but pick you off with a headshot with one bullet whilst riding a bastard bucking bronco or something. Always.
- On Mario Kart Wii, it's those nobheads who use Funky Kong and his amazing selection of bikes and cars that have acceleration close to fighter jets, not to mention his gigantic arse and monkey muscles flattening you every time you're in the same country as the cunt.

I've played around 750 games, and only 3 times have they scored that way (twice on the same day). They do get corners every now and then though. It pissed me off once because I lost 2-1 conceiding a kick-off goal.

In the end, it's not so bad because most of the time you'll end up getting the ball. I say keep on doing it.

How do I defend corners properly?
I can normally get on the end of them and head them out but it only gets to the edge of the box where an opposition player usually is who can just chest it and have a shot...

How do I defend corners properly?
I can normally get on the end of them and head them out but it only gets to the edge of the box where an opposition player usually is who can just chest it and have a shot...

press shoot and pass at the same time..should head it further

or i might be making that up, but thats what i do

^ for me...

:r2: + :x:(multi-tap) + analog (direction that you want to head the ball) .

throughout the whole sequence until clearance, on PS3.

the :r2: is to try and run to the ball faster :LOL: , but it works for me offline.

I use the shoot button to clear headers, I press it once as the ball is in the air, then press again and hold whilst also holding the direction towards my own goal, for some reason I found it clears the ball much better as my defenders seem to time their leap better :)

Thanks :) I was using the short pass and lob pass buttons, a habit from playing PES for so long.

PES gave me a lot of bad habits for FIFA! I have got rid of most of them though :).

Oh my days, been playing online with Bayern Munich, in 10 games i must have won at least 4 win last minute winners :D
i once won 15 games in a row. i have won around 60% of my ranked games online overal which is pretty cool and alot better then my overal ranking in pro evo too

Well, have been a die hard PES-fan for many years. But reading this thread made me try Fifa 08 out and it's a really satisfying football game. Played Fifa games 14 years ago (me thinks) and went to ISS in 1997. So 11 years of PES and now back to Fifa is a big step for me... Just wanted to share this...

Well, have been a die hard PES-fan for many years. But reading this thread made me try Fifa 08 out and it's a really satisfying football game. Played Fifa games 14 years ago (me thinks) and went to ISS in 1997. So 11 years of PES and now back to Fifa is a big step for me... Just wanted to share this...
I've always bought PES and FIFA, no matter how bad they were, year after year. But when I get my xBox 360, I'm only going to buy FIFA, unless Nokami get their act together.

When you get FIFA, do not play it like you would play PES, it will not work most of the time.

FIFA needs more patient and thought out build-up play than PES' where there was an obvious pass you could make to go forwards 99% of the time (it was fun at the time, but now I prefer simulation games).

Yep I agree, try to play it as if it's a real football match, you're a real footballer rather than playing a football game, pass when you see openings, look for runs and movement, don't rely on auto-insta-laser passing a la PES cos it's not there and you'll be frustrated :)

Ok, who on here is playing this game still?

I have just got a new 360 and FIFA 08, so I'm up for a game :-)

FYI, I will be on assisted for a while as I am still gash at the game.

Add me if you'd like to play online please. ShootoUK

Cheers
Shooto

I'll be on tonight Doc if you fancy being diagnosed with a 1-0 defeat to footballing disease that is Tottenham...

1-0 wins are all I seem to win lately.

Nah man, I just changed my style a bit for that mix...... heh, not really. Just found the file is indeed corrupt, I'll upload again later and PM ya.

Already got you added I believe.

Back
Top Bottom