FIFA 08

Yeah, the one that they're running for just one week. I don't know how to play in it. i went into interactive leeagues, picked chelsea and there was no option to play. :(

Oh right. Maybe they haven't been set up correctly then. What should happen is that you select Interactive Leagues, then choose you're team. Then it comes up with the game screen of your team v their team.

I went back to this, the defending was getting too annoying on Euro08.

Now I love this game (hopefully it will last), the attacking seems bloody great, and the slow reactions times have gone???, or they feel like they have.
I only put the disc in to play Man Utd vs Chelsea, to relive the final, and got hooked!

I went back to this, the defending was getting too annoying on Euro08.

Now I love this game (hopefully it will last), the attacking seems bloody great, and the slow reactions times have gone???, or they feel like they have.
I only put the disc in to play Man Utd vs Chelsea, to relive the final, and got hooked!

Welcome back ;))

I really don't see why people had issues with this game when its clearly a more balanced playing experience than Euro

This game is brilliant!!!
I have been playing on Semi-Pro with Man Utd on manager mode, started to win 5-0 against Chelsea and Arsenal, so went Professional, and just beat Wigan 2-1 after going one down. Then beat Man City 5-0, so maybe I'll go to the next difficulty after a few more games.

The only player I bought was Messi for £18 million, but he hasn't shone yet properly :(

And I can never seem to do the skills in game, the players just slow down?

This game is brilliant!!!
I have been playing on Semi-Pro with Man Utd on manager mode, started to win 5-0 against Chelsea and Arsenal, so went Professional, and just beat Wigan 2-1 after going one down. Then beat Man City 5-0, so maybe I'll go to the next difficulty after a few more games.

The only player I bought was Messi for £18 million, but he hasn't shone yet properly :(

And I can never seem to do the skills in game, the players just slow down?

That's a big problem on the skills front, the reaction of the AI is instant and the move you pull to beat them is too slow... I'd give it some more games ash on PRO before jumping up again...

The problem is I never pull of the move, I hold LT, and use the Right Anaolog stick but the players just slow down and I can never pull the move off.

I can do it fine on the EA Arena place though, but that is a Be A pro camera so its easieer I guess?

Haven't played FIFA since Wednesday night due to Rock Band, and am very much looking forward to playing it later today :)).

Can Fifa 08 go fuck off and die?

Thank you.

laugh.gif

Can Fifa 08 go fuck off and die?

Thank you.
I was wrong. FIFA 08 can indeed go fuck off and die. I've played 9 games tonight and lost 8. Never before have I seen so much bullshit in my FIFA career. I had 2 red cards where it wasn't even a fucking foul. I have had cunt after cunt hacking me when I'm clean through and not a red card in sight. I have had a penalty saved. I've had some of the worst refereeing in the world - fouls given against me that never were, penalties never given for me that were. Fucking unbelievable.

:MAD: :MAD: :MAD:

Haha Tim7 - had a similar experience. Manager mode, 2nd in the Table Forest to get promoted to the Championship. Draw or a win will see me go up so anything but a loss.

In the final game... had a red card for a general tap tackle - pressed 'X'. And through on goal a number of times hacked down on every attempt but one - yellow card for each, and on each occasion it was the last man clearly through on goal. And then to top it all off all 4 of my defenders ran away from the ball in stoppage time and my keeper totally disappeared. Opposition player through on goal, scores. Forest lost.

Now tell me that isn't cheating. Forest came 3rd hence no promotion.

BASTARDS!

P.s. Oh and I'm sick to my back teeth of people selecting Man United or Barca online. Quit 9 matches in a row last weekend.

I was wrong. FIFA 08 can indeed go fuck off and die. I've played 9 games tonight and lost 8. Never before have I seen so much bullshit in my FIFA career. I had 2 red cards where it wasn't even a fucking foul. I have had cunt after cunt hacking me when I'm clean through and not a red card in sight. I have had a penalty saved. I've had some of the worst refereeing in the world - fouls given against me that never were, penalties never given for me that were. Fucking unbelievable.

:MAD: :MAD: :MAD:
Calm down dear!! its only a Commercial :)

I know what you mean though Timbo... I played my Manager Mode today and lost against Wigan!!

Time for some FIFA and to sort out last nights play. As I turn FIFA on and check my stats, I find I am on a 7 game losing streak. Work to be done.

Code:
[b]Lyon             3-4         BORDEAUX[/b]
Ben Arfa 3'               Bellion 35'
Benzema 10', 88'           Micoud 50'
                           Alonso 64'
                         Diarra 90+1'

Crisis - what crisis? :)) Fantastic game. Delighted to win, especially after going 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes to 2 cutback goals. I kept my head and knew I was a better player than this guy. I steadied the ship and then got the all important first goal before half time, giving me much hope as we went in at the break 2-1 down.

Within 5 minutes of the restart I was level, Micoud the scorer with a tidy finish low into the bottom corner from 12 yards out. I kept the pressure building and soon enough got another breakthrough, some nice play down the left wing led to a cross slightly behind Bellion, but he superbly half volleyed it past the oncoming keeper, only for it to come down off the underside of the bar! Some good running by Alonso meant he was on hand to control the bouncing ball, and finish into the empty net from a tight angle. I kept going and playing football, but some late Lyon pressure paid off in the 88th minute, when Benzema managed to break through the Bordeaux defence and rifle in a shot from 10 yards. 3-3.

Gutted? Yes. Worried? No.

I kept my head and 2 minutes after the restart, Bellion was brought down after shifting the ball from his feet quicker than the defender could cope with. Free kick to Bordeaux 35 yards out, just off centre to the right. Micoud stepped up and bent a free kick brilliantly around the wall. It sailed past the diving keeper and crashed off the post, back into play and it hit the now prone goalkeeper and rolled teasingly along the 6 yard line...........where Diarra came steaming in to smash into the net, giving Bordeaux the deserved win! What great character and spirit shown to grab a much needed win! I haven't played many games better than this one :)).

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Great win Tim, it's matches like that which make this game stand out, I have had some real quality matches online.

There's some days when I can hardly pass the ball around or create chances, and others where I will be scoring a good 3-4 goals a game consistently and playing really well, it's the most frustrating game I have played at times and the most enjoyable at others, but that's how football is too.

Haha Tim7 - had a similar experience. Manager mode, 2nd in the Table Forest to get promoted to the Championship. Draw or a win will see me go up so anything but a loss.

In the final game... had a red card for a general tap tackle - pressed 'X'. And through on goal a number of times hacked down on every attempt but one - yellow card for each, and on each occasion it was the last man clearly through on goal. And then to top it all off all 4 of my defenders ran away from the ball in stoppage time and my keeper totally disappeared. Opposition player through on goal, scores. Forest lost.

Now tell me that isn't cheating. Forest came 3rd hence no promotion.

BASTARDS!

P.s. Oh and I'm sick to my back teeth of people selecting Man United or Barca online. Quit 9 matches in a row last weekend.

God, that brings back memories of why I grew to despise PES. Horrible news to hear that EA have copied that, too.

I've never been able to stomach the shit 1-player FIFA experience long enough to play a whole season and am glad I never did. I don't want to play games that engender rage....that's not what games are for.

I guess that sort of crap will be in FIFA09, too, so I doubt I'll be playing manager mode in it, either.

Back
Top Bottom