FIFA 08

I tried it earlier and it worked :)). It was hit and miss before though, so hopefully it will work all the time from now on.

It's not. It's easy to get it top corner every time.

It is not easy to get it into the orange zone every time. If you can, then well done.

Put it this way, would this 'goalie just standing in one corner' thing work irl?

I can finally play!

Anwyay, I switched to semi shooting from asissted, and now I haven't scored a goal for 3 games! Before that I could score 2 per game atleast. I am playing on Pro mode.

Any tips? What is the difference between semi and asissted?

Assisted=your shots are always on target, you just aim for which part of the goal they aim at......
Semi=you have to aim towards goal and they're a bit assisted to head towards the goal.......

Tips? Don't shoot until you see the whites of the goalkeepers eyes ;) Make sure your guy is in control of the ball, is balanced, not being pressed by a defender and is point in the direction of the goal before shooting :)

Something very strange just happened, playing against Blackpool in the Championship, defender Ian Evatt brings down my forward for a penalty and he gets sent off, so Blackpool then make a very bizarre tactical change, they move their only remaining CB Matt Jackson up front and move attacker Andy Morrell to centre back, and that's how they play out the rest of the match..........

blackpool.jpg

Something very strange just happened, playing against Blackpool in the Championship, defender Ian Evatt brings down my forward for a penalty and he gets sent off, so Blackpool then make a very bizarre tactical change, they move their only remaining CB Matt Jackson up front and move attacker Andy Morrell to centre back, and that's how they play out the rest of the match..........

blackpool.jpg

FFS This is shocking. Hopefully the new guy, I forget his name, but the one who did Champ Manager, will sort this sort of thing out!

I was playing at Man Utd earlier, league match, I was 1-0 up with just over 10 minutes to go and they take off Rooney, Tevez and Carrick for Silvestre, Anderson and Brown. The latter two played up front with Silvestre behind. I think George Graham must have took over on the sly?

Assisted=your shots are always on target, you just aim for which part of the goal they aim at......
Semi=you have to aim towards goal and they're a bit assisted to head towards the goal.......

Tips? Don't shoot until you see the whites of the goalkeepers eyes ;) Make sure your guy is in control of the ball, is balanced, not being pressed by a defender and is point in the direction of the goal before shooting :)

Thanks, will give it a try :))
I was really enjoying it on assisted shooting, but was gettin annyoing on semi due to my goal drought.

I just had something annoying happen to me on this - Croatia (me) v Germany.

I played a perfect chipped through ball over the defence, which caught the defender wrong footed while Petric carried on his run so I had some space, the ball came over his shoulder nicely so I decided I was going to volley it from about 25 yards - He connects perfectly with it only for the ref to blow the whistle for an offside while I see the ball fly in off the bar :((.

I also had a shot in the very last minute of normal time smash against both posts and I eventually went on to lose the match on pens :DOH:.

I am getting really pissed off with the people who just hold A and B to close you down non stop, it's way too easy to do I think.

Just pass it round them Rob :)). If they wanna keep pressing you, set your mentality to defensive and play on the counter, they will keep pressing you, but higher up the pitch, so you can pass round them and then use the space in the big gap you've made between their goalkeeper and defence :)).

(Just call me Jose ;)))

I will give that a try, thanks ;).

A tactic that has worked quite well for me is getting it up to the strikers quite directly, dropping deep a bit (with the centre back following) and then playing a one-two with the other striker so that I have a big gap between the full back and the other centre back to run through on goal :).

Haha! Using the right analogue to move the goalie and save penaltys isn't an exploit! It's the only way to save top corner penalties. Next you'll be saying that pressing B to shoot is an exploit! :LOL:

You can save them

just hold diagonally up left/right and you will save them

i have saved loads like it, moving to one side is just cheating in my eyes because if you aim low, middle or high you will save them if you shuffle the right way

Aaarrrgh playing last night 2-0 up against Man City with ten to go, top defence on, no way through for city. Ai doing all the mazy untouchable runs, crossing balls through my players, winning headers when I have three men there, non of whom can suddenly jump higher than the grass.

Still holding out until they through a ball up from the edge of their own box, my keeper comes out for no reason lets the ball fly over his head then dives backwards a pushes the ball into his own goal, the ball was going about six feet wide anyway! WTF!!. Okay calm down things like that happen once in a blue moon. Then three Min's into injury time, long ball from their own half, my whole defence run out (no OT pressed), bar one CB playing everyone onside, he's stood on the touch line almost, the ball bounces... everyone misses it going straight to keeper to catch just above head height, he just stands there, let's the ball go over his head, but no panic it's going wide... oh no it's not my keeper again decides to dive backwards and this time with a great deal of skill manages to scoop the ball almost on the touch line a good five feet wide back into the goal...

I spend the next few Min's looking to see where my pad landed...:BLINK::censor:

i have saved loads like it, moving to one side is just cheating in my eyes because if you aim low, middle or high you will save them if you shuffle the right way
If it covers middle, low or high then I'll keep on using it mate. Why would you choose to dive if you can cover more ground shuffling? :)).

can someone tell me how, on ps3, i can get my teammates to step in passing lanes, and contend crosses? they never jump in the air to head the ball out of my box

Is there a way to pass and move for a 1-2 like in PES?

Does my nut in when you pass the ball and the guy that just passed it stands there admiring his 5yd pass.

Same as in PES, hold LB while you pass ;). When dribbling you can point towards a player and press LB to make them run as well, can be quite useful.

Anyone know if EA will release another squad update for this. I don't think they'll do one with newly promoted teams in the relevant leagues but for instance will there be one with new transfers (e.g. Dos Santos at Spurs, Flamini left Arsenal etc) ?

Had a first last night in a penalty shoot out, playing with my mate against the AI and when the penalties started you just saw the goal and the keeper and the ball all lined up no kicker. We looked at each other thinking the game had crashed I tapped shoot and our player ran from off camera and took the penalty! I don't know if anyone else has had this, it may be a special run up of Podolski, I think was the taker.

Back
Top Bottom