FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Can someone explain to me why do I get my ball intercepted all the fucking time ? Is this because I really suck at this game or something is wrong with the game. Most of the time I try to pass the ball it almost reaches my player and then it gets intercepted. It feels like the responsiveness of my players SUCK big time. Is there something I can do about this. I can't even move to a half line and my ball is intercepted. Fuck that.

I'm really new to FIFA and I always prefered PES and WE but this year I didn't want to buy PES08 or WE08 because many people said it sucks.

I am having mixed feelings about this game. So far it sucks but I think it sucks because I suck playing it.

So can someone tell me HOW can I improve the responsivness of my players so when I pass them a ball they actually try and run to get the fucking ball..

Thanks.

Yeah, sometimes JB, but I'm mostly always browsing Evo Web so I got the time :)).

If they choose a 5 star team I always quit too, no point playing if they are just going to be a one/two/three man team...

Is it me or do sometimes the games always become midfield battle's, maybe cause im new to the game but its i win the ball, then the other wins it and so forth, is there a close control button if im correct i think its R1?

Help me enjoy Fifa 08! (PS3)

Hi, need some help guys,

Been playing Fifa 08 on PS3 for ages now, always on Be a pro (online).

Trouble is, my skill level will not budge from 1. I am sick to death of playing Be a Pro on the same team as absolute retards who can and will not pass the ball, forever hold sprint, shoot from 60 yards etc.

It f***ing drives me mad and I just want to play with and against people who can actually play this game properly.

I guess what I have to do is filter searches for be a pro games by skill level, but until I increase my own skill level I can't do this. How can I increase my own skill level?? I've been playing this game since release day so it's not like I'm a novice and should be at level 1, the level just will not go up however many times I play and win.

Once in a blue moon there is a game where only good players are on my team, and the game is SO much more enjoyable.

Please help me out, many thanks!!!

PS, I also have no idea how to get a game going over the net with a mate on another ps3 - I wish it was a simple as COD4 where you just 'invite friend'. Am I missing a simple setting for something like this on Fifa?

Last edited:

Following me and my teams complete bumming over and over and over again on Rainbow last night I ended the night playing FIFA with a few other lads. Here is a rundown of probably the funniest game I have ever played on 5v5:

Reading (Kev, Bitter and DJ) Vs Lyon (Random French guy, CW and Stu)

I will admit that at first glance it doesnt look all that funny with that line up but when I tell you that the French guy could not speak a word of English for some reason that made him absolutely hilarious. He took control of the whole team and whenever Benzema got hold of the ball the guy would start chanting his name. In fact it got to the stage that even when he hadnt got the ball and either me or Stu mentioned the guy he started chanting.

Best moment of the game though came in around the 80th minute when Benzema was clean through and totally fucked up a chance and then he shouted "Mother Fucker Benzema!!"

Totally unexpected as he had shown no grasp of the English language up until that point and I just fucking cracked up, I couldnt see the screen due to the tears in my eyes.

We lost 3-2 by the way but they scored their 3rd as I was in fucking hysterics.

Me and Stu were then joined by another guy who wasnt as funny as the French guy but did fit well into the team, we played another couple against Kev, Bitter and DJ

Our team is in bold:
Benzememes (Or summat similar, no doubt Kev will correct me) 1
SPORTING CP 3

OLYMPIAKOS 2
Boca Juniors 1

BENZEMA! You know the guy had an impact on us when we told a complete stranger in the next game of his antics.

"Whose got the ball now?"

"BENZEMA, BENZEMA, BENZEMA! BENZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMA!"

:LOL: Absolutely brilliant night.

wot about the keeper who stood stick picking his nose and probably his ass as he was oblivious to the ball fly past him from about 25 yards out

i have never seen that before, nor do i want a repeat unless it is the other teams keeper

the other goal was an easy save which he dived under like a cabbage

note to kev: dont ever pick bezemennes or wotever there called again

How can you defend a free kick. When I'm playing vs the CPU it's like an automatic goal. Anything I can do about this. Every time they have to take a FK it's a goal 100%

Just had the best game I have ever had on a football game just now :).

Coventry v Stoke ranked match.
I started off very well, keeping the ball well and making a lot of chances and put a couple of one on ones wide and one at the keeper, then against the run of play he grabs a goal in about the 30th min when I mishit a defensve header from a corner and he thumps it into the goal at the near post.
1-0 against the run of play and the same pattern of me dominating the match but being let down by my finishing continued and again he scored in about the 70th min to make it 2-0, this time from a decent goal.
2-0 down, 20 mins left looked like a no way back situation, but I carried on attacking and eventually grabbed a goal around the 80th minute mark to make it 2-1, Mifsud forcing the keeper out wide and slotting it in.
Back in the game with 10 mins left to grab an equaliser, which looked unlikely as he was playing posession football but an intercepted pass in midfield straight to a pinpoint through ball to McKenzie who slots it into the far corner makes it 2-2 in the last minute of stoppage time!!!
It goes to extra time and I get a goal early in it from a powerful strike into the corner from the edge of the box, 3-2 and a win looks likely but just before the end of the first period of extra time he scores a looping header from a corner which just goes in under the bar. 3-3 and it looks like going to pens.
It was a quiet second 15 minutes which was mostly a midfield scrap with possession being constantly won and lost but in the very last seconds of extra time remaining I find Mifsud in space on the right, use his pace to burst past a defender and then put in a deep cross which Cairo volleys into the far top corner!!! Almost the last kick of the match to win 4-3!!!

I am loving this game at the moment :).

Is there any way to focus the camera on your player in online Be a Pro?
It's quite offputting if you play as a centre back or striker because you have to use the radar a lot of the time and if you are looking at the radar too much then you don't know properly where the ball is and if you look at the match too much you mess up your positioning.

What camera would be best to use if it's not possible to do that? Tele?

Press the back button while in play and the camera will focus on you and you alone :TU:

You mean you didnt know about it Stef? I am shocked and stunned

In the last 24 hours on this forum people have said they didn't know they could switch the 360 on with the pad, and that they didn't know you could focus on your player in BAP.

Bloody students.

:D

I swear that wasn't in the manual... Thanks! :D

Its only poor becuase you cant see where the ball is or who has it or generally whats going on

In BAP watching the radar to see where your own player is works well, but you definitely cant just watch the radar for all the stuff i said above

Back
Top Bottom