FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Had a weird thing last night in Fifa, was playing against the AI, caught them offside in my own box, freekick to me, keeper takes it, I have passing set to manual and for some unknown reason I just tapped x, which knocked the ball about 3 inches, then the keeper moved forward and touched the ball again, whistle blew, penalty, no idea if that's some actual real rule or just a bug? Fuckers scored it and knocked me out of the league cup :(
It will be because they have not got the rules right..

I'm still playing it just about every other night, the scripts and stuff grate like hell, like DJ Doc says, but I still love it.
I've put the UEFA demo to one side, as just one play made FIFA even worse... Will you be playing 08 when UEFA is out Coopz?

Yep

i may not even get Euro 08, £40 for 50 odds team is just throwing money away and at present i cant justify that

Just played StuartCulli on Live and it was a REALLY good game. End to End stuff with just the odd goal from Owen Hargreaves winning the game for me. It did however highlight FIFA's annoying control issues. Like for example the players taking stupid touches when you want them to just take it down quickly and run with it (like they can and do in Euro 08)

EA still aint sorted out my password

my wonder goal will be lost forever :((

Had a weird thing last night in Fifa, was playing against the AI, caught them offside in my own box, freekick to me, keeper takes it, I have passing set to manual and for some unknown reason I just tapped x, which knocked the ball about 3 inches, then the keeper moved forward and touched the ball again, whistle blew, penalty, no idea if that's some actual real rule or just a bug? Fuckers scored it and knocked me out of the league cup :(
If a player touches the ball twice from a restart of play then it should be an indirect freekick from where the second touch was made. Likewise, if a player takes a penalty, it comes back off the post to the taker, he cannot touch it, as it would count as touching the ball twice.

So the AI should have been given an indirect freekick inside my penalty area instead of a penalty?

Yes it should be an indirect freekick. Probably Fifa count any foul whatsoever in the box as pk.

Rumour had it that you had everything on assisted until a few days ago? ;))

Out of interest, Coopz, Morto and JayD, what settings do you guys have on?

Manual is so much better I think.
Maybe crossing is a bit too difficult but for passing around I find manual much better.
It takes a bit of getting used to but it is well worth it :) I am actually better on manual than I was on assisted.

Playing against the AI is actually fun (I didnt like it really on assisted) now because you can pass where you want to, not where the AI lets you, I find far less passes get intercepted and that you can split the defence more easily with through balls.

It is annoying though when you play someone online who has it all on assisted and plays a one man team, but hey, every game has people like this now so its something we just have to deal with unfortunately.

I had passing on assisted on the Euro demo.

I have passing and shooting on semi on FIFA and everything else on manual.

It is annoying though when you play someone online who has it all on assisted and plays a one man team, but hey, every game has people like this now so its something we just have to deal with unfortunately.

I still think there should be an option to create a room where only people who will play with everything on manual or will use settings you specified, can join.
It really is SOOOO frustrating when you play someone online who uses assisted shooting and he scores from almost every chance and thinks how good he is. I really do think if everyone would play on manual, online games would be so much better. But sadly when you play ranked matches you hardly get o lad who will not use assisted shooting.
Now who's with me on this one :D

I'm a semi and manual man myself, shooting and passing on Semi. I tried assisted and to me it limits you too much. But then again you can tell the one touch assisted players, online it's gives them an advantage but I hate it.

Manual except for shooting on semi and im not too sure about passing i think its semi aswell

I still think there should be an option to create a room where only people who will play with everything on manual or will use settings you specified, can join.
It really is SOOOO frustrating when you play someone online who uses assisted shooting and he scores from almost every chance and thinks how good he is. I really do think if everyone would play on manual, online games would be so much better. But sadly when you play ranked matches you hardly get o lad who will not use assisted shooting.
Now who's with me on this one :D

I think Assisted shooting lets you score less - It always goes central. You maybe have more shots on target - but I don't know about goals?

I have shooting on Semi - I'm too crap with fully manual. But semi is just right - you can place shots. But it is a bit more forgiving than manual.

Manual except for shooting on semi and im not too sure about passing i think its semi aswell

I think Assisted shooting lets you score less - It always goes central. You maybe have more shots on target - but I don't know about goals?

I have shooting on Semi - I'm too crap with fully manual. But semi is just right - you can place shots. But it is a bit more forgiving than manual.

Spot on boys :applaud:

Assisted really doesn't help you, ive found it easier with semi as Bobby said your shots keep going to straight with assisted, today played a great ball to Rooney who SMASHED it first time in the top corner :D

Semi shooting is great, finesse shots are actually effective because shots can be placed much more accurately with a bit of practice.
Semi passing is similar to assisted but allows a bit more freedom, it's what I use now.
I was using all manual apart from shooting online before but ive switched to these settings now:

Passing - Semi
Through pass - Manual
Shooting - Semi
Cross - Semi
Lob pass - Manual

I was getting fed up of misplacing simple passes (which was embarrasing in online be-a-pro) so I changed passing to semi, I was getting fed up of putting crosses out of play so I changed that to semi.
Manual through pass and lob pass still gives you the freedom you need to play a killer ball through while semi passing lets you keep possession.

I've scored some absolutely brilliant goals online, which is why I wish you could save online replays :(. In a game I just lost 3-2, after being 2-0 up (which ended my 100% ranked match record :() I scored the my best Fifa goal.
Skipped past two defenders with Torres, rainbow flicked it over another and then absolutely smashed it into the far corner, in off the post from about 30 yards. He skipped the replay obviously, the lucky bugger, I hit the post 3 times, missed 2 easy chances in that game and he was a 1 man team with Ronaldo (it was Spain v Portugal).

Ok i kind of understand thas someone is using passing on semi. Online i do it as well. But everything else including shooting must be on manual then you can see who is actually good :P Although i would preffer everything on manual... but online you wont meet such a lad ...sadly.

Semi shooting is great, finesse shots are actually effective because shots can be placed much more accurately with a bit of practice.
Semi passing is similar to assisted but allows a bit more freedom, it's what I use now.
I was using all manual apart from shooting online before but ive switched to these settings now:

Passing - Semi
Through pass - Manual
Shooting - Semi
Cross - Semi
Lob pass - Manual

I was getting fed up of misplacing simple passes (which was emb:SHOCK::SHOCK:arrasing in online be-a-pro) so I changed passing to semi, I was getting fed up of putting crosses out of play so I changed that to semi.
Manual through pass and lob pass still gives you the freedom you need to play a killer ball through while semi passing lets you keep possession.

I've scored some absolutely brilliant goals online, which is why I wish you could save online replays :(. In a game I just lost 3-2, after being 2-0 up (which ended my 100% ranked match record :() I scored the my best Fifa goal.
Skipped past two defenders with Torres, rainbow flicked it over another and then absolutely smashed it into the far corner, in off the post from about 30 yards. He skipped the replay obviously, the lucky bugger, I hit the post 3 times, missed 2 easy chances in that game and he was a 1 man team with Ronaldo (it was Spain v Portugal).

:SHOCK: How do you take on players!? for me its near impossible also performing skills move's is hard as hell its all easy just pressing the R stick but to do affective skills is near impossible for me?

I did the stepover with exit move, you hold LT(360)/L2(PS3) and then move the right stick from forward (way the player is facing) round 90 degrees to a side, as soon as they start the stepover let go of all buttons and point the left stick in the direction you want to go, it's quite effective.
You just have to mess about in the arena and find out what does what, I think I know most of the tricks now.

this game is so 50/50 for me, I played some great matches last night. the other guys picked chelsea two times in a row, so once i beat him with real betis, then i beat the other guy with spurs, so rewarding when you beat some prick who picks a 5 star team.. watch i will play tonight and go back to hating it.. last night i loved it

Good lad. Only trouble is that it takes you half an hour to get a game sometimes, Man Utd, Barca, Man Utd, Man Utd, Barca, Chelsea, Man Utd...

Back
Top Bottom