FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

On that EA Sports World thing, when you sign up, does the email address you enter get created and accessible by that site or is it asking for one of your ones? Because when I put the one I registered to Xbox Live with then it says it "The EA account (email address) you entered is already in use."

Edit - I put another one of my email addresses in and it worked, someone must have registered with my email address :( Oh well, it should be ok now.
Now when I try to link it to my Xbox Live account this comes up "Error: The following GamerTag Names could not be identified.".
I may as well give up :-pp.

I've emailed EA Support about it, hopefully I get a response.

Last edited by a moderator:

My EASports world email login is the same email address I use with my Xbox Live account. I think they have to be the same as that's how they retrieve all your gamer information.

That's the problem though, it says that email address is in use already (the one I used for Xbox Live) but I havn't used it for anything apart from Xbox Live... :(

I would love to see a feature added for 09.

I would love it if within your online league you could do transfers between yourselves, and it registers in game.

Like you could make offers over live or something.

EA SPORTS World worked eventually :D.

Thats a great idea Cammey, EA almost always add a new game mode as a selling point for their game, which is acceptable now that they have a good game to put it on :).

I would love to see a feature added for 09.

I would love it if within your online league you could do transfers between yourselves, and it registers in game.

Like you could make offers over live or something.
Yep, said this for years.

I want to offer Newcastle 50p for Titus Bramble.

:LOL:

I think that would be a great idea. Also I hope in 09 they make it so you can just invite friends to a match instead of having to track them down in a lobby first, I find that so annoying.

I would like the tricks to go wrong sometimes, but be more effective when they do work.
I would also like to see keeper AI improved, they come out like a snail when you press the button that is supposedly "GK Charge" and they just walk out, and sometimes they dive when the ball is already in the net.

Just a couple of things I think would make Fifa 09 a better game.

Oh, good :D I havn't noticed tricks going wrong yet and I havn't had the AI break through my defence to get 1 on 1 yet so no need to bring the keeper out. Thats good though that both are in.

Arghh!!! :( :( I just scored a really good goal and I got this message when I try to upload:
"EA SPORTS™ FOOTBALL WORLD WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE."

:(

Well, my self-imposed exile from FIFA has lasted about a week!

After selling the 360 version, I've now re-ordered it for PS3 :( Whats wrong with me, my missus dispairs! Must be some sort of record - I got FIFA 08 on launch day for the PS3, then sold it to get the 360 version, then sold that as I got fucked off with it - and now, due to football starvation, have re-brought it for PS3!!!!

Now I must be going bonkers, as I've just played the PES2008 demo again and actually thought it was a lot better than I rememebered!!!!

Can I dare get PES2008 too?

:LOL:

I think that would be a great idea. Also I hope in 09 they make it so you can just invite friends to a match instead of having to track them down in a lobby first, I find that so annoying.

You can just invite friends to a match!!........Oh wait a minute - your talking about the PS3?

You can do that on the 360 :DD

I've just put FIFA in and been told there's an update...

Seeing as I've had this a few times where people have said, "I haven't had an update", I switched the 360 off and on again, and put the FIFA disc again - still says I need the update. And obviously I have to download it or otherwise I can't play online.

I wonder what they've done now...

I've just put FIFA in and been told there's an update...

Seeing as I've had this a few times where people have said, "I haven't had an update", I switched the 360 off and on again, and put the FIFA disc again - still says I need the update. And obviously I have to download it or otherwise I can't play online.

I wonder what they've done now...

i have only ever had one update with fifa 08

maybe it is your xbox storage glitching , and fifa thinks you still need an update etc

can't see why you would get one, and no-one else

Doesn't happen with any other game though, this is the thing. I even tried deleting all the saves a while ago (didn't have anything I wanted to keep bar the rosters which I redownloaded afterwards), and it still tells me there's an update every month or so.

I'm hoping I'm on some kind of super-secret beta list but I doubt it...

I had mine say it downloaded a squad update yesterday or it wouldnt let me play online, but I haven't noticed any change in any squads... I already had the February update

Doesn't happen with any other game though, this is the thing. I even tried deleting all the saves a while ago (didn't have anything I wanted to keep bar the rosters which I redownloaded afterwards), and it still tells me there's an update every month or so.

I'm hoping I'm on some kind of super-secret beta list but I doubt it...

very strange

I had mine say it downloaded a squad update yesterday or it wouldnt let me play online, but I haven't noticed any change in any squads... I already had the February update
Perhaps it's the same thing, I've only put my FIFA disc in today.

Holy shit! I've just had something happen to me twice in one match that I've not seen in FIFA before! (I'm sure it's coincidence but fuck me I was about ready to smash the pad)

Press shoot, in two excellent situations with nobody on me, and the player STOPPED DEAD!! I don't mean he just didn't react, I mean he stood on the ball and stopped it dead, STOOD STILL, for about a second, and THEN hit the ball - which bounced off the then in-position defender.

Fuck me, that's not happened before. I'm ready to snap the disc now, that was disgusting. It's not like there was any lag or anything that should have caused it... I can't get over that. Two goals I could have scored...

EDIT: And also, something I only noticed after the January transfer update. Players have now started not "receiving" your command - I press pass and by the time I realise the guy isn't actually going to fucking pass, it's two seconds later and he's ran into someone. I can understand delayed reactions but no reaction at ALL - what the fuck is with that?

Last edited:

Holy shit! I've just had something happen to me twice in one match that I've not seen in FIFA before! (I'm sure it's coincidence but fuck me I was about ready to smash the pad)

Press shoot, in two excellent situations with nobody on me, and the player STOPPED DEAD!! I don't mean he just didn't react, I mean he stood on the ball and stopped it dead, STOOD STILL, for about a second, and THEN hit the ball - which bounced off the then in-position defender.

Fuck me, that's not happened before. I'm ready to snap the disc now, that was disgusting. It's not like there was any lag or anything that should have caused it... I can't get over that. Two goals I could have scored...

EDIT: And also, something I only noticed after the January transfer update. Players have now started not "receiving" your command - I press pass and by the time I realise the guy isn't actually going to fucking pass, it's two seconds later and he's ran into someone. I can understand delayed reactions but no reaction at ALL - what the fuck is with that?

I get the player totally not doing what I press on the button. Always usually with the pass. You press it and because you are used to the shit response you leave him for a second to pass - then he just does nothing and you run into the opposition. Its ridiculous. Its gone from bad response to no response!!!!

What confuses me though is that I didn't have that happen for the first few months. It happened to dad in early February and I said, "I'm not saying you're going mental but I've never seen it" - then it started happening to me and I could not believe it.

FIFA08 on fully manual controls is a bit booyaa! :BY:

I'm ripping people apart online. 5 ranked wins in a row now :DANCE:.

i was playing fifa 08 yesterday and someone chose man utd, so i chose a korean 1 and half star team and ripped him open

i had 90% passing stat, scored 2 great goals and he had 3 shots at the end of the game, with me having 11 with 100% accuracy

i never get that with the top teams, as i have a habit of trying stupid skills, where with the lower team i play a slow passing game and it worked a treat.

i still love this game...

euro is going to have to go some to get me off this game

Am i doing something wrong?

As whenever I try to shoot, especially from distance, the player either:
-Scuffs it along the ground.
-Hit it's straight to the keeper's head height
-Or, most annoyingly and commonly, slices across the ball with the outside of his foot...

PS3 version if it makes any difference...

Am i doing something wrong?

As whenever I try to shoot, especially from distance, the player either:
-Scuffs it along the ground.
-Hit it's straight to the keeper's head height
-Or, most annoyingly and commonly, slices across the ball with the outside of his foot...

PS3 version if it makes any difference...
Not really most times that's the outcome, especially straight to keeper.. Are you using R2 or R1 at all?

Back
Top Bottom