FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

this game can be so rewarding but in the same token it can be so soul destroying

i love and hate it with a passion

Same here about loving and hating the game - Sometimes I feel like snapping the disc and never playing it again and others I think it's the best game ever made.

I just selected Newcastle as my team on the Interactive Leagues, but when it searched for a match it was Man United v Man United... I won 2-1 anyway but that was weird.

dont include rivals on your search and you will only play as your beloved team :)
That's Coventry, and there's no Interactive League for the Championship :( (probably because most fans are glory supporters and nobody would play any matches with Championship teams...)
There must be no Reading fans :-pp Can't get a game at all as Newcastle.

So far for me, 3 ranked matches 3 wins, I'm thinking of just playing unranked from now on so I can keep a 100% record haha :-pp.

Hopefully one day there will be a game that has all the stadiums from the football league and proper player faces for players other than the top well known ones... Having that stadium that looks nothing like the Ricoh and having some players look nothing like their real life counterparts when playing as Coventry is a bit annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

In an online match just now all the opposition players were invisible... wtf?!
The next game 2 of them were invisible. Was both annoying and funny at the same time :-pp.

I just got some secret goalie achievement which gave me 3,500 fan shop points... any idea what it was for ?

I scored my first real "good" goal offline today, i'm quite proud of it.
Some decent passing and then a great finish into the far corner:
http://www.easportsworld.com/index_enGB.html#video-414813/EA SPORTS World/152476
I uploaded 2 different camera angles of it.

Everything on manual apart from shooting is hard, but it it more realistic I find because you can put through balls into more space, pass exactly where you want etc.

What up peeps ?

I just got my PS3 few days ago and I've been out of gaming action for about a year and a half now. I'm a big KONAMI fan and always liked playin PES/WE games and always prefered to these two instead of FIFA. Well it seems like KONAMI has gone downhill for the past two years or so and many people are disappointed with PES2008 so this question goes to honest non biased fans: Should I buy FIFA 2008 or WE2008&PES32008 ?

Thanks

EA sports world is absolute bollocks

i scored an awesome goal last night and i cant even recover my password so i can get in to see it

what a wank system

Just search your gamertag in the search tab and you can watch it without being logged in ;)

Go into the sticker book and have a look

It wont give me any info on it in the sticker book (you know the way you can normally press X and view info on it), it just says "secret", its on page 1/22 on the left hand side ??

:((

Did it take a deflection? It's hard to make out what's going on.

I love how people are knocking Fifa now that Euro 08 is on the horizon

I love how people are knocking Fifa now that Euro 08 is on the horizon

I'm still playing it just about every other night, the scripts and stuff grate like hell, like DJ Doc says, but I still love it.
I've put the UEFA demo to one side, as just one play made FIFA even worse... Will you be playing 08 when UEFA is out Coopz?

I'm quite pissed off with Fifa at the moment, still enjoying it, but it's getting annoying now. I've recently switched to fully manual settings (except shooting which is on semi) and the initial reaction was that it was brilliant. Now I've played a few games online I realise how boring people online are. It's stupid. They pick a team like Inter, Man Utd, Barca etc. and play a one-man-team game with the likes of Ronaldo/Ibrahimovic/Ronaldinho. Here's me using Newcastle trying to create the chances a real football team would; building from the back and trying to find that killer ball. It just doesn't work. The fact that these kids are just using assisted controls really kicks me in the teeth too. They have no skill and no footballing knowledge (except Ronaldo is teh pwnz0wrd).

I'm quite pissed off with Fifa at the moment, still enjoying it, but it's getting annoying now. I've recently switched to fully manual settings (except shooting which is on semi) and the initial reaction was that it was brilliant. Now I've played a few games online I realise how boring people online are. It's stupid. They pick a team like Inter, Man Utd, Barca etc. and play a one-man-team game with the likes of Ronaldo/Ibrahimovic/Ronaldinho. Here's me using Newcastle trying to create the chances a real football team would; building from the back and trying to find that killer ball. It just doesn't work. The fact that these kids are just using assisted controls really kicks me in the teeth too. They have no skill and no footballing knowledge (except Ronaldo is teh pwnz0wrd).

yea i agree, happens all to much

I think I'm gonna have to make the switch to Euro 2008 when it comes out, and hopefully I can get a HDTV soon so i might come good soon ;)

You should be given the chance to back out once the teams have been selected... Then we wont have to play all these Barca and Inter munchers! I pick United because i support them and I use them for every game i play :)

Had a weird thing last night in Fifa, was playing against the AI, caught them offside in my own box, freekick to me, keeper takes it, I have passing set to manual and for some unknown reason I just tapped x, which knocked the ball about 3 inches, then the keeper moved forward and touched the ball again, whistle blew, penalty, no idea if that's some actual real rule or just a bug? Fuckers scored it and knocked me out of the league cup :(

Well I guess it's the whole for a freekick the taker can only touch the ball once before another player touches it kind of thing, makes sense, just wish I'd realised what I was doing at the time!

Back
Top Bottom