FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Not playing online will mean the game will be over too quickly in 1 player mode, this alone will have me coming back to FIFA, how many times in a row can you keep playing the same competition.

After a few games on this Im quite imprest. I havent played a Fifa game since like 1999! Ive always been a ISS/PES man

Ive got it for PS3 and it looks like not many people play it for this console on here but oh well.

If anyone wants a game just shout up!

I've just sold FIFA 08. I tried and tried to keep liking it, but ultimately, its too frustrating.

As a fan of a lower-league side, I loved all the licenses etc and it was genuinely great fun at first - I tried League 1 and 2 teams in Manager Mode too as I like starting out as a rookie manager etc.

I'm just not good enough though to make the games exciting. Most were 0-0, midfield scraps. There is no tactical depth, I didnt feel like any changes I made would make a difference, new signings etc are the same as the old players.

I took JBs point about trying with Prem Teams, but I didnt want FIFA for that, PES (either 6 on PC or 2008 on PSP) takes care of my top-flight needs!

So in the end, I've had to kiss it goodbye.

But, I will look forward to 09 now with fresh optimism and if they can build on the Be-A-Pro and make the game more fluid and exciting then I'm sure it will be crowned as the best football game around - unless Konami go back to the drawing board, I think their time has gone...

I've just sold FIFA 08. I tried and tried to keep liking it, but ultimately, its too frustrating.

As a fan of a lower-league side, I loved all the licenses etc and it was genuinely great fun at first - I tried League 1 and 2 teams in Manager Mode too as I like starting out as a rookie manager etc.

I'm just not good enough though to make the games exciting. Most were 0-0, midfield scraps. There is no tactical depth, I didnt feel like any changes I made would make a difference, new signings etc are the same as the old players.

I took JBs point about trying with Prem Teams, but I didnt want FIFA for that, PES (either 6 on PC or 2008 on PSP) takes care of my top-flight needs!

So in the end, I've had to kiss it goodbye.

But, I will look forward to 09 now with fresh optimism and if they can build on the Be-A-Pro and make the game more fluid and exciting then I'm sure it will be crowned as the best football game around - unless Konami go back to the drawing board, I think their time has gone...
online is where its at mate.....

Yeah, I find the one-player mode of FIFA08 is a completely worthless experience. It's a shame that with so many teams and options, etc, I came to the same conclusion as pboreham - there's no sense of tactical depth, just bland identical match after identical match with every AI team the same.

But the online mode still keeps me thoroughly entertained, despite its many flaws.

Is it confirmed that 5v5 online is NOT in Euro2008?

Is there any way to change the valuation of your players?. I want to value a striker at about £8 million but the default valuation is a shite £1.3 million.:LOL:

One of the worst, painful, non enjoyment games I've ever witnessed on single player.

THEE Best football game Ive ever seen online :)

Well, whilst buying some Friday night Booze in ASDA, i noticed Fifa08 PS3 for £25 so i turned to the darkside and bought it.
I haven't played a Fifa game since 98 RTWC, I'm a total PesFanboy, but i'm really impressed so far.

A few things annoy me, namely, the cpu clearances always seem to always go to a cpu player in space, 50/50's seem impossible to win when the ball bobbles and I've got to be honest and say that i can't score for shit with manual shooting ( I have everything on manual ).

Saying that though, the game flows really well, you have to be patient with your build up play, and chances can't be squandered ( Especially, did i mention?, i can't hit the target on manual shooting ). Overall, i'm really enjoying it a lot.

My PSN Tag is : xx4L0Mxx ( the 0 is a zero ), so please add me and i'll give you a game and you can watch my mediocre shooting abilities in all their glory...)

P.S. Any guides to scoring with manual shooting ? lol

This really is an amazing game you know. Sorry to go mushy on you, but I just played JayD twice and was really, really blown away by the game again. It was like playing it for the first time one more time.

From SWOS to PES I have played mental football, every time I've got the ball I've committed men forwards. I've played 4-3-3, I've filled a squad with attacking players, on PES I would put all the arrows to forwards and on FIFA I would press "make a run" 20 times a minute. Never losing games (or at least never losing games heavily) because of it.

The first few times I played FIFA 08, I played JayD and he killed me. We're talking 4-0, 5-0, 6-0. Today, five months after the first Evo-Web FIFA League began, I stopped committing men forwards. I started running backwards when I lost possession. I started positioning defenders and spare midfielders. And I still got beat - but 2-0, after hitting the bar twice, and 1-0, after missing a header with the last shot of the game.

I've started playing real football, and I've started witnessing some fantastic games, great goals - but great last-ditch tackles and defensive headers as well. I've seen the best football matches I've ever seen in a game.

Just an incredible, incredible game. Long may it continue.

EA deserve major credit for this, and in the words of numberoneson (I think) from his days as Leicester manager in the online league - PES is dead to me. This just totally, totally shows it up.

Last edited:

This really is an amazing game you know. Sorry to go mushy on you, but I just played JayD twice and was really, really blown away by the game again. It was like playing it for the first time one more time.

From SWOS to PES I have played mental football, every time I've got the ball I've committed men forwards. I've played 4-3-3, I've filled a squad with attacking players, on PES I would put all the arrows to forwards and on FIFA I would press "make a run" 20 times a minute. Never losing games (or at least never losing games heavily) because of it.

The first few times I played FIFA 08, I played JayD and he killed me. We're talking 4-0, 5-0, 6-0. Today, five months after the first Evo-Web FIFA League began, I stopped committing men forwards. I started running backwards when I lost possession. I started positioning defenders and spare midfielders. And I still got beat - but 2-0, after hitting the bar twice, and 1-0, after missing a header with the last shot of the game.

I've started playing real football, and I've started witnessing some fantastic games, great goals - but great last-ditch tackles and defensive headers as well. I've seen the best football matches I've ever seen in a game.

Just an incredible, incredible game. Long may it continue.

100% Agree. Online is the best football experience ever.

Me and Bitter Rivals play almost every night, and although its been a bit shitty this last week, most of the matches we have are awesome. The freedom you have is unbelievable. You can do pretty much anything :)

Its only annoying when the bugs of the game cost you goals, such as player changing or the poor refereeing. Or at times players do one long touch rather than just boot it.

Yeah, but even though theyre SO annoying, and DO cost you goals, they are rare(for me). I would rather suffer that than not being able to play a game past the half time whistle.

I do hope they sort the flaws out though, you would then have football gaming perfection!

One of the worst, painful, non enjoyment games I've ever witnessed on single player.

THEE Best football game Ive ever seen online :)

Me and Saunders have said that about PES and Fifa from day 1

you can never ever get the AI to replicate how with think in football terms

Just won a couple of ranked matches in a row, I'm seriously in love with this game again. I've been a gamer for over ten years but I feel like this is the best time in history to be a gamer. Gears Of War, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Forza 2, CoD4, Vegas 1&2 (most addictive game ever) and FIFA 08 (second most addictive game ever). Who needs a social life? :)

Just out of interest, what kind of record do you need to have to get ranked in FIFA? I wouldn't mind working to try and get ranked but are we talking about 1000 wins or something ridiculous before I get anywhere near?

I enjoy the single player, then again I have never ventured online :o I got pwnd the last time I played pes online :)

Wooohooo :D I persuaded my parents to let me have my Xbox 360 before my exams and it has been ordered now.
Because of the bank holiday it should be a bit late and arrive some time next week.
I play fair online (and offline :D), hopefully some of you guys can play me online :).
Good to see such good opinions of online play, can't wait to play some of my mates on it.

Just out of interest, what kind of record do you need to have to get ranked in FIFA? I wouldn't mind working to try and get ranked but are we talking about 1000 wins or something ridiculous before I get anywhere near?

Its all about ranking points and at the moment you need around 1500 of them to get into the top 10,000. You get points whenever you play online depending on the result

I beat 91st on the rankings board (AssAssinX or something) 2-0, with Bitter being Torres.

The guy only had 1 shot on target. I dont think rankings have a big say on how good you are.

There aint for me, unless there is a non uk player in the room

Back
Top Bottom