FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

I've started a new Manager Mode and I have to say I'm actually enjoying it, whereas before I was picking lower-league teams (which causes me no end of frustration when their slowness is combined with the CPU cheating) it seems to work out a lot less frustrating if you pick one of the top 5/6 teams in the league. I've picked Liverpool and I'm seeing a lot of great games, beating West Ham 3-0 and then getting a hard-earnt draw against Man Utd, 1-1.

After the years I've mithered for lower-league teams I also find it's a lot more exciting and better put-together playing with a Premier League side, not only do you get hundreds of lines of customised commentary but you get to experience a nice array of stadia rather than the massive list of 2 you get to play in when you're Tranmere... Good fun on Professional.

Jack - can you list your current Match and Control settings? I am trying to find the spark again in single player mode. All the online leagues are full and I wish to possibly continue my Leeds United MM.

Thanks!

I started a new tournament EPL mode and picked Man U. 4 games later i got bored because i played both chelsea and liverpool and beat 'em 4-0 and 4-1. Difficulty is on Professional. Bleh..

Then move up difficulty, or use all manual for everything, I'm playing with everything on manual and it makes a huge difference, means I can play on Professional and still be challenged.......

I tried to play again last night. I had just got done playing a full match in PES6 PC - so fully customized.

Results were so-so, manual everything is definitely quite the challenge. The last straw for me is definitely the lack of stadiums - every scheduled game feels the exact same as the one before. I need to get over this and realize there is something deeper in this game in matters of gameplay and physics. With that said, the dark nets and constant perfect weather day-matches couldn't be further than realism.

It'll be a toss up between PES6 PC and FIFA 08 PS3 for me. For now PES6 is occupying most of my time because fully customized is a beautiful thing to see. Just lost to Liverpool 2-1 in the FA Cup 2nd Round as Fulham, Gerard's volley from 20 yards out was a stunner.

Managed to buy a second hand copy for £24.99 Im looking forward to playing it :)

Is CL and UEFA Cup on the game ?

You can make up your own tournaments - so you can do anyone you want.

Pretty sure they aren't in automatically - because they make seperate games of those two competitions.

I always play Online so not sure about all the other competitions :DD

shopto and hmv are 27 now but with a code you will probebly get a fiver off

I couldnt wait so I went and bought it brand new for £30 from HMV, its £26.99 on their website though.

I'm sort of getting into FIFA08 Manager mode, but some of it is a bit lame. Still better than PES though.

I seem to be playing in one of 3 stadiums each week - is that all there is? If not, can you edit who plays where like PES? Still in my first season, but if I finish high enough, do I qualify for Europe next season?

I've tried be a pro offline and quite enjoyed it - can you only play one off games like that though?

I'm sort of getting into FIFA08 Manager mode, but some of it is a bit lame. Still better than PES though.

I seem to be playing in one of 3 stadiums each week - is that all there is? If not, can you edit who plays where like PES? Still in my first season, but if I finish high enough, do I qualify for Europe next season?

I've tried be a pro offline and quite enjoyed it - can you only play one off games like that though?

This is one of my major gripes with FIFA08. It sounds lame but it really destroys the atmosphere of manager mode. I hate it that all the top teams without a stadium play at the bloody Stadio de las Artes:rant:

There needs to be an option in the editor to change a club's home stadium.

In order:

No, No, Yes & Yes.

i think the manager mode is good in some areas but fails in the majority of important ones. The A.I. is awfull. After 8 games it feels as if every opponent is the same, and gets to be the same game over and over again. 2 vs the AI is a bit better but I imagine that will get old after awhile.

Hey guys, I'm going to be getting a 360 Elite when i've finished my GCSEs, hopefully then I can play some of you guys at Fifa.
I look forward to it :) I have really enjoyed playing Fifa on next-gen when I have played it at mates houses.

Meh, my mates play Fifa and not many of them will be getting Euro 2008 so I may as well get Fifa 08, also Euro 2008 is just a stripped down game without most of the stuff from Fifa and just a few changes to the game.
I'm sure most people will stick with Fifa 08 rather than get Euro 2008 as well.

I think you'll be surprised. People bought PES/WE every time they released an update to that, just for the little gameplay changes. And the little gameplay changes in Euro 2008 (faster reaction times, weather affecting ball physics, captain your country through qualification, online leagues and online cups) will make a big difference.

if I get euro 2008 im definetly keeping fifa08 for the club side of it, Fifa is an awesome game so even if euro is a bit better I will still be happy with fifa aswell

Yeah JB, I'm sure Euro 2008 will be a great game, but I want club sides and more than one tournament, Fifa 08 will last me until 09 plus my mates won't be getting Euro 2008 so I would rather get Fifa which I can play them on.
Fifa 09 will be a fantastic game, even if it is only a slight change from 08, a few new features and gameplay changes to a quality engine is acceptable.

I will also be keeping FIFA after I get UEFA :TU:

I will be in-case Euro 2008 turns out to be awful, but otherwise I know I won't be able to play it again. Tried it before, kept a patched WE and bought the latest WE game, and the fancy kits and everything else couldn't compete with better gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom