FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Dad played that guy the other day I think. He actually physically smashed up his pad, he plugged his headset in (which he extremely rarely does) to tell this guy he was a complete tosser, and then proceeded to kick his pad around the room.

It is ridiculous though, he was doing keepy-ups with the goalie, passing it to the next player and doing keepy-ups there, passing it back to the goalie again. These people aren't football-loving people, they're games-loving people, who just want to up their gamerscore. I happen to know a mate of my nephew's does the same thing - he's 13, he hates football and all physical activity as a whole. He doesn't understand the offside rule, the advantage rule, he can barely understand that the goalkeepers are allowed to pick the ball up. But he wants all of the achievements.

I genuinely think there needs to be an age filter on Xbox Live and PSN.

These people aren't lovers of any type they are just cunts.

Dad played that guy the other day I think. He actually physically smashed up his pad, he plugged his headset in (which he extremely rarely does) to tell this guy he was a complete tosser, and then proceeded to kick his pad around the room.

It is ridiculous though, he was doing keepy-ups with the goalie, passing it to the next player and doing keepy-ups there, passing it back to the goalie again. These people aren't football-loving people, they're games-loving people, who just want to up their gamerscore. I happen to know a mate of my nephew's does the same thing - he's 13, he hates football and all physical activity as a whole. He doesn't understand the offside rule, the advantage rule, he can barely understand that the goalkeepers are allowed to pick the ball up. But he wants all of the achievements.

I genuinely think there needs to be an age filter on Xbox Live and PSN.

I think there needs to be a cunts filter :TWIST:

Give us all his GT Jay so we can send him abusive messages

Weird, I find holding the jostle-button and pressing the pass button like a lunatic usually gets rid, although lately I've started pressing the clearance and the lob buttons as well in an attempt to head the ball out of the box and not straight to a teammate (who invariably loses the ball and gives them an opportunity).

I win most headers against the AI, when the AI plays a ball into the box I press X once to get my defender ready then as it's about to hit his head press X again for a nice powerful clearance :)

*X being the shoot button on new alternative config.

Victor Aaron. That's his gamertag, fire away boys. Bad rep, official complaints and bad messages. Do your worst.

I've started a new Manager Mode and I have to say I'm actually enjoying it, whereas before I was picking lower-league teams (which causes me no end of frustration when their slowness is combined with the CPU cheating) it seems to work out a lot less frustrating if you pick one of the top 5/6 teams in the league. I've picked Liverpool and I'm seeing a lot of great games, beating West Ham 3-0 and then getting a hard-earnt draw against Man Utd, 1-1.

After the years I've mithered for lower-league teams I also find it's a lot more exciting and better put-together playing with a Premier League side, not only do you get hundreds of lines of customised commentary but you get to experience a nice array of stadia rather than the massive list of 2 you get to play in when you're Tranmere... Good fun on Professional.

Press the pass and shoot buttons together to head the ball away , it goes miles.

Im gonna give that a go, my defensive headers always go to the edge of the box

Victor Aaron. That's his gamertag, fire away boys. Bad rep, official complaints and bad messages. Do your worst.

im gonna try and get a game with him and then do the same to him ;))

All my defensive headers go to the edge of the box "If I make one" and every...."EVERY" clarence goes straight to the AI, unless I hit it out of play... Why is it sooo hard to make the ball a completely free entity..

Sometimes I press the shoot button to hoof it clear, if I'm in a bit of a tight corner and just want to get rid. But I try to use the long ball to clear it, as you can at least try and aim for your striker and try to win a header.

Wow, I'm really good at this game (I think). I wanna play you lot to see if I actually am good or I've just got lucky with my opponents.

Today I got back on Live after a month or so haitus and won all the games I played. Highlights include a 6-0 thrashing of QPR with Barnsley and a 6-3 comeback with Australia vs Scotland (although he quit just before the end so I don't think the result counted).

It's Spring Break this week so I think I might be able to get some games with you lot in, if any of you want to play me.

I would just like to say. I love Fifa 96/97/98 then eventually swapped to ISS and eventually Pro Evo. I play currently on the PS3 and purchased the latest Evo. It really disappointed, very samey, bad editing, jerky and most important the great pro evo feeling of scoring had gone.

I tried Fifa mainly because of the 5 v 5 online and i have to say i absolutely loved it. Playing the normal game i have to admit i hated it. Until this weekend when i learned the controls properly including the cancel when you have pressed a button early and some of the skill moves. It is absolutely fantastic, it's like a simulation, you have little time on the ball, and the players feel heavy and like they have some body weight behind them. I found scoring impossible at first which also really put me off but i'm getting there, just realizing how sensitive the button is. I have scored some great goals, in games where you may only get one chance and if you miss you draw or lose. Next year who knows but i have to say this Fifa is awesome!!

Argentina since the update - :TU:

I used them for the first time last night and gave England the twatting they deserved:

England 0-4 Argentina. Riquelme and Crespo hat trick.

Funny thing was that me and CW were chatting while playing different FIFA matches, and I said to him "Crespo's actually shit." 10 mins later he'd scored a hat trick! :lmao:

Last edited:

I really should start playing this online more often shouldn't I? I've only played one match online and as soon as I scored a goal the guy ran off. :/

was Pro Evo online really that bad? I never got a chance to play it cause we traded it in for FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom