FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

The sub glitch had gone after the transfer update for me but now its back again :SS

Thought of more wish list things today while playing

Players to be more aninated on the pitch
--- Point ahead of themselves if they want a pass (players who are selfish will ask for passes even when they're not in a good position --- players with good positioning and vision will ask for passes when they are about to run into space)
--- Sulk if you greedily take a shot and they were asking for a pass - so instead of the walk back to the halfway line as if nothings happened --- if you're losing 1-0 and its late in the game and you take a greedy shot team mates near to you will point and wave their arms in the air ((BUT NOT in a seperate cut scene, real time)

Animated crowds with them jumping up for shots or even jumping to to head the ball back onto the pitch if you knock over the bar

should help take away the robotic dullness im feeling now and again

I just wanted animated crowds in general. Maybe not one guy jumping up to head the ball back into play but at least jump around when your team scores. It's shit having a crowd that are lifeless and do nothing when a goal goes in.

saying that - I'd love to see some fat Newcastle fans in the crowd with their shirts off and their belly's hanging out!

It's real, but it doesn't seem to do anything... Someone has said the subs bug is back though online... :eh:

I have not, repeat NOT had any update

The last patch never fixed the sub glitch for me.

It didn't for me - But then two days ago I was playing and it worked. The previous day it didn't.

It still doesn't show both sets of players coming on though.

Here are the secret acomplishments for anyone who didn't already know. I've put spoiler tags around secrets just in case you wanted to find them for yourselves:

Beat yourself (0) As the Lead Profile in a single player game score two own goals in a single game

Competition Winner (20) As the Lead Profile Win a Created tournament

Extra bonus (20) As the Lead Profile in a single player game win by 2 goals in Extra Time on World Class

Lightning Finisher (10) As the Lead Profile in a single player game score a goal in under 5 minutes

Manager Merry-go-round (10) As the Lead Profile, Play 15 years for 15 different clubs in 15 different countries

Scruffysocks scores (20) As the Lead Profile in a single player game score a Hat Trick with a created Player

They drew a blank (20) As the Lead Profile in a single player game keep a clean sheet in an Xbox LIVE ranked match

Tour Bus (20) As the Lead Profile Play in every Stadium in the game

World Wide Hat Trick (20) As the Lead Profile in a single player game score a Hat Trick in a ranked Xbox LIVE match

:)

I just can't use teams like Arsenal or Real Madrid online anymore. They're so fucking flimsy i.e. the players feel so light that they'd fly away like a balloon if there was a gust of wind! I used to love Bayern Munich too but they just feel sluggish to me now.

I quite like using Lyon & Porto now - they both seem to have a nice mixture of power and flare.

Exactly. I used to play quite a lot with Arsenal online before the update, but now even though the players have been improved the whole team feels weaker, they can't keep the game under control.

On the other hand I'm in love with Lyon, Roma and Schalke. They're the perfect teams to play quality and quick football.

See I play awesome with Arsenal they seem to suit my play. Man united and Barcelona on the other hand im so shit with them its unreal!

After a good few months with FIFA 08 I'm kinda longing for the next installment in the series now as the bugs have really started to get to me. Does anybody else feel the jostle thing is a waste of time because in all honesty, that's something you would always choose to do if you wanted to win the ball so why would you have to push a button to do it? Something like jostling should be automatic. Also, I find the effort required sometimes to win headers (either in your own or the other teams penalty area) is just too unnatural compared to the effort required in the middle third of the field. You just know when the CPU wants to score, all if has to do is hit a high ball to the forwards and there's no chance you get allowed to win the header.

Online though, human v human, this game is pretty close to perfect but in single player mode versus the CPU, the bugs annoy the crap out of me now.

Yeah the play against the CPU got too much for me shortly after the turn of the year, every week I see Match Of The Day and think "I'm going to start a new manager mode on FIFA now" and after an hour's worth of play I'm wishing I could have my hour back.

The best way to play it, I find, is to play on Pro and pick a team that's relatively good compared to the other teams in the league. For example, Burnley in the English Championship (this was pre-update so they may not be as highly-rated now). This minimises the cheating as much as possible, but it's still there enough to put you off after a couple of games.

But the online league we have here at Evo-Web is, without doubt, no question, the most fun I have ever had with a football game in my life. A feature I've long asked for in Pro Evo as well, and trust Konami to be the company who choose not to listen to their fans.

Best thing about Online leagues or Online matches for that matter is Human Errors! the CPU never does them

Plan M's guide to unlocking EA Shop points quickly & easily (FIFA 08)

OK lads, I thought this deserved a thread of it's own because of the amount of people that ask how to achieve points to spend at the EA store because they're usually getting no-where with the Manager Mode etc.

I have unlocked nearly all the boots & kits by doing the following four methods:

1. Start a new Manager Mode. Choose the Scottish Premier League. Select Celtic. Select the office, select staff upgrades & put fitness, defending, midfield & attacking up as far as your money will allow & save. Leave these menus and simulate every game until the end of the season. Simulate a few seasons & you'll rack up 1,000s of EA Points.

2. Select a friendly match v the CPU. Choose a five star rated team. Select an English League 2 team as your opponent. Select Amateur difficulty. Depending on how good at the game you are, select the time limit. Score 10 more goals than your opponent. Repeat all of this 5 times. You'll get 1,000 EA Points.

3. This next method is very similiar to the above one. Choose a French/Turkish/Australian/Belgium/etc club. Play a friendly (on amateur level) with your team against an English League 2 opponent. Choose a 4 minute match so the game isn't too long. Keep the ball, try and score a few goals (which is easy on Amateur so don't worry) but make sure you WIN. After the match, you'll notice that a player from YOUR team has named "Man Of The Match". Repeat all of this 5-10 times (it depends on the country to how much you'll be awarded) and you'll get a big amount of EA Points. Remember to only do it with ONE country at a time so you know where you are i.e. I chose Besiktas and played against Stockport County 5 times (winning "Man Of The Match" everytime) and was awarded the EA Points. I then moved on to the Belgium League.

4. DO THE CHALLENGES! After you've done all of the above, crack on with the challenges. They are far more time consuming than the above methods but you DO win EA Points.

I hope this small guide helps some of you, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Also, if anyone else has some good methods of picking up EA Points easily please post them here.

Happy point hunting!

:)

That doesn't sound like fun at all though!
I've got about 130,000 from just playing since i got it - only done a couple of cups and about 6 months worth of a manager mode...and plenty of Live games.

Back
Top Bottom